Hmm well there was a post on this awhile back-i would do a search on the boards but I can tell you a zoot suit for the FH is a definite. If you have not purchased your dress and can pull of slinky, satiny and sexy, thats the route to go. Think glamourous, lol not horse heads!
lots of candles, maybe a black and white theme with red roses or touches of gold or silver.
Found this on a website:
The last one about the invites is a subtle but really cute way to incorporate the theme nto your invites:Invitations
* Use an Art Deco design on your invitations
* Have images of long, slender cigarette holders and cocktail glasses
* Have a picture or collage of 'flapper' head band with a real feather
* A photograph of the bride and groom dressed in 1920's costume
* Design of a 1920's luxury car
* For a gangster theme, print the invitation as an illegal entry permit to a speakeasy, complete with secret password
An original 1920's building in Art Deco style
Convert a marquee or hall to a 1920's style
Choose a venue with a cocktail bar
Let's Misbehave - Cole Porter
Charmaine - Guy Lombardo
Sonny Boy - Al Jolson
Rhapsody in Blue - George Gershwin
My Blue Heaven - Gene Austin
I Wanna be Loved by You - Helen Kane
My Man - Fanny Brice
Charleston - Paul Whitman
Someone to Watch over Me - Ella Fitzgerald
A classical tiered wedding cake with a 1920's wedding couple on the top tier
*Display black and white photographs of your favourite film stars of the era
* Hang large Art Deco style posters on the walls
* Use reproduction posters advertising films, theatrical plays and musicals of the time
* Hang glass bead curtains against the walls
* Place ostrich feather fans on the walls or in front of the top table
* Loop strings of beads around tables
* Fasten rolled serviettes in place with a miniature headband and feather
* Table Centres
* Candles set in tall candelabras
* Floral arrangements incorporating Champagne glasses and strings of fake pearls
* Cut glass bowls with geometric pyramids of fruit
* Art deco style lamps
* Float gardenia flower heads on tinted water in glass bowls, place fake pearl beads in the bottom of the bowl and surround with votive candles
* Use ostrich feathers in with floral arrangements
* Miniature model topiary trees studded with pearls, feathers and strings of beads
*Long strings of beads for the ladies
*Miniature model of a 1920's car such as a T Ford for the men
* 1920's style headband and feather for the ladies
* A mock straw boater for the men
* Attach place cards to long cigarette holders or cigars
1920s Theme Wedding
If you like the jazz age, a 1920s theme wedding may be for you. It is a period filled with great wealth and fun. The 1920s theme wedding is great for a traditional wedding with wonderful period touches or a great Halloween party.
The invitation sets the tone for the 1920s theme wedding. Use a black and white photograph of you and the groom. Then have the photograph printed on white card stock. Print your wedding information on white vellum in black ink. Then tie the two pieces together with a beautiful gold ribbon.
For the bridal look, consider a gown from the 1920s. You can purchase a gown from a vintage store. If you can not find a gown at a vintage store, then have one sewn. To top off this look, use a beautiful crown of greenery and roses with a bit of baby breath. The bouquets were huge during this time period. Have your florist recreate a jumbo bouquet with your favorite flowers.
There are many great ideas for your reception. Have your guests greeted with a glass of white wine and the sounds of a jazz band. For place cards, use old post cards from the 1920s with Hollywood stars like Mary Pickford. Bath tub gin was quite popular. Recreate your own signature bath tub gin to be served to your wedding guests.
For your wedding cake, rent a gold heart shape arch to go behind the cake table. Cover the cake table with a black cloth with gold topper.
For the wedding cake, use three round tiers with the top tier in shape of a gold musical instrument. Sprinkle the table with white rose petals.
The 1920s theme wedding is a great way to get married. This wedding theme can be a simple cocktail party or an elaborate Hollywood