Venetian Yacht Club

Mediterranean Manor Caterers

Lessing's Waterfront Weddings - reception location

C.G.M. Fitness for Women - fitness

Michael Joseph Films - wedding video

Alterations

▼ 4229 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 5/16/2008 6:30 PM
Posted By

5/16/08 Larkfield Manor, ADA Studios, Infinite Video, FM Entertainment, Flower Barn, Royalty, & more!! PLUS SANDALS ANTIGUA!

jeanyus27

jeanyus27

Where to go now?

4229 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/16/2008 6:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Larkfield Manor

LIW – My wedding would not have been the same without all of your help and inspiration! I picked all of my vendors based on reviews on this site and I’m so glad that I did! It was so nice to have a place to talk about everything good and bad about planning a wedding. Thank you to all of you and I wish you all nothing but happiness and love!

Save the Date Magnet
Magnetstreet.com – 10
I loved our STD’s! I loved the gerber daisies, they just screamed spring to me, so I ended up with that as our theme based on this magnet! They were great to work with and everything came on time and perfect!

jeanyus27

Bridal Shower
George Washington Manor (Roslyn) – 10
I loved my shower! I actually researched places for my mom and Bridal Party to have it at. I found GWM and checked it out with my mom and we loved it. They have so many different rooms. We picked the Teddy Roosevelt room. They did a great job the day of, the service was unbelievable! The food was delicious and so was the champagne punch! I highly recommend them for all occasions!

jeanyus27

jeanyus27

Invitations
Now-and-forever.com – 10
I looked at invites online for a long time. I finally found one that DH and I loved! It was elegant and had a small picture of daisies on it. Exactly what I wanted. I loved the sample, but when I went to order them, silly me changed the font style and color, thinking it would look better. The next day I looked at the online proof again and I didn’t like it. I called customer service in a panic and asked if they could change it back to what the sample looked like. They caught everything right before they were about to be printed! They called me back and said that they caught them and that everything would be fine. I really appreciated their customer service. They were so nice, even though it was my mistake, and called me back right away when everything was done. When they arrived I felt like it was Christmas! I loved the quality and everything was printed perfectly!

jeanyus27

Mother Nature…..well she can bite me! In the end, the weather really didn’t matter, despite the fact that it rained alllllll day! It actually created a whole new vibe to the wedding (in a good way) and it was such a beautiful day!

Hair & Make up
Tapestry Salon (Centereach) – 10
They did a great job on both my hair and make up! It was exactly what I wanted and held up all day, even with the rain! They also did the two girls in my bridal party and their hair was gorgeous. They did my mom’s hair and make up too and she loved it. There are a great group of ladies working at this salon and I highly recommend them! They also did my color a few weeks before the wedding and that came out great too, since I’ve been dying it myself for years! Their prices are very reasonable as well.

Bridal Gown, Veil and MOB Gown
Paradise Bridals (Patchogue) – 9
I’m probably one of the few girls on here who have given them a good review, but they did do a great job with my gown. From the start, Elaine was awesome to work with. I went there three times and tried on a lot of gowns every time! I actually found my dress at another store, but wanted to order it closer to my mom’s house so that it would be easier for her to come to my fittings. They matched the price from the other place (since it was cheaper), so I thought that was nice. The reason why I didn’t give them a 10 is because sometimes they don’t seem to care after you’ve ordered your dress. I hadn’t seen my dress in 10 months and when I went for my first fitting the woman was like “OK go in there and tell me when you need help”. I was like “OMG that’s my dress!” I was all excited and she was like “Yeah, let me know when you need help”. I felt like they could’ve been nicer. But overall they did a great job on the alterations. I also loved my veil, which Elaine helped me pick out. I kept it on all night!
My mom’s dress was beautiful too, but SHE had to tell the seamstress what to do! If my mom didn’t speak up they would have just hemmed it. It needed to be taken in, in a lot of places and when they finally did it, it came out great. You just have to stay on top of them, and check everything that they do.
My dad also got his tux from the shop inside Paradise Bridals. They were great to work with and my dad looked great! The price was very reasonable as well.

Bridesmaid & Flower Girl Dresses
David’s Bridal (Westbury) – 10
I really wanted a certain shade of yellow for their dresses and I loved David’s Bridal “canary” color. We ordered the dresses and they came in two weeks! The flower girl dress was so cute too and that came in really quick as well. None of them needed alterations so that was great!

jeanyus27

jeanyus27

Shoes
Sandy’s (Massapequa) – 10
I loved my shoes, even though no one saw them! They’re prices are really reasonable. I saw the same shoe at a few places and it was five dollars more than Sandy’s.

jeanyus27

Headpiece
Barrons in the Tri County Flea Market – 10
I loved my headpiece and DH actually picked it out! Barron’s has so many and I couldn’t decide so I brought DH and he picked the perfect one!

Tuxedos
Tuxedo Park (Carle Place) – 8
I did read a lot of good reviews about Tuxedo Park, but I wish I would have looked around before just choosing them. In the end our tuxes looked great. I had to buy the two yellow ties because they didn’t have the exact shade that I wanted. DH looked so handsome! The first time we went there we didn’t wait too long to be helped. We don’t know very much about tuxes, but we liked what he showed us and ended up ordering them. We didn’t even know the price until we got up to the counter. They were $230 each which we thought was a little steep for a regular tux. But we did like them so we got them. Every other time we went there they were pretty crowded and we had to wait a bit to be helped. When we picked them up a few days before the wedding, DH inspected his tux and found a lot of stains on the shirt and the pants were very wrinkled. They fixed everything on the spot and we left with perfect tuxes.

jeanyus27

jeanyus27

Flowers
Flower Barn (Seaford) – 10
I posted on vendors helping brides and Mike responded to me with a great quote for what I needed. I then did a search on them and found a lot of great reviews. I absolutely loved my flowers and wouldn’t change a thing! Mike was great to work with and really knows his stuff. I showed him pics of what I wanted and he made some suggestions and I trusted his judgment. I loved my bouquet so much, it looks awesome in pictures. It looked perfect the next day too! Not one mistake was made by them. They even went to the reception hall the day of and put the petals on the tables and decorated the cake! I asked if he could incorporate a necklace that my mom gave me as my something old, in my bo-k and he did a great job. I highly recommend them!

jeanyus27

Limos
Royalty (Franklin Square) – 9
I thought that Royalty did a great job. We just had a pick up/drop off with no stops in between. They arrived early to my parents’ house. Since it was raining the driver had a HUGE umbrella and helped me to the car. I really appreciated that. The photographer had my dad grab the umbrella and he got a nice pic of him helping me into the car. The limo was nice, we didn’t order anything out of the ordinary. I am a little disappointed that he didn’t play the “Here comes the Bride” car horn. But I didn’t remember to ask him if he had it. No big deal really. DH said that his limo came early, but that it wasn’t that great of a car. He said that it looked old and that none of the controls in the back were working. But our flower girl had a blast in it! They sent a town car at the end of the night and it was fine. For the price we paid, I feel we got exactly what we wanted. To me, the biggest deal was that they were on time, and they were, and the drivers were really nice.

Officiant
Reverend Deb Viola – 10
Reverend Deb did a really nice job on our ceremony. We met with her twice before our wedding and she was great to work with. She’s very down to earth and just a really good person! She was always easy to get in touch with. Our ceremony was really beautiful, and before she left she gave us a print out of it in a binder, which I thought was really nice to have.

Photographer
ADA Studios – 8 so far!
We picked ADA after reading a bunch of great reviews on them. When we went for the first meeting they showed us a few of their photographers work, and we chose Eddie. He is such a great guy to work with! He did our engagement pictures and they came out amazing. It was nice to work with him once before the wedding. The day of the wedding he was on time and took a lot of great pics with me, my girls and family. However, after seeing the proofs, i don't feel like we got enough pictures of DH and I together and with the Bridal Party. I really feel that because it rained, we got jipped on pictures. We have a total of 2 pictures of the whole Bridal Party and the background is not nice. There is not one picture of DH and his two guys together, just separate shots of him with each of them. My family was late, so all i have is one group photo that we took right before the photographer left. DH and I were able to take a few photos under the awning and the background looks so nice with trees and flowers, but we only have a few like that. The rest are all inside, no natural light, and they're just not what i thought my pictures would be like. I know i can't control the weather, but i wish we had a better indoor place to take pictures that day, or i wish our photographer got a little more creatvie and took more pictures. I know in the end our album will be really nice, but i know it could have been a lot nicer had we be able to take pictures outside.

Videography
Infinite Video Productions – 10
Our video is absolutely amazing and totally made up for the fact that we didn't love our still photos. He captured every moment that our photographer did and didn't. I’ve known Mike (the owner) for ten years! We went to college together and worked together for a while too. I’ve seen his wedding videos before and he is extremely talented! He is such an easy going guy to work with and doesn’t force anyone to be on camera. He works really well with camera shy people and makes everyone look great. I love our video so much and when i watch it i feel like i'm a guest and i get to relive it any time i want! He was by far one of our best vendors!

jeanyus27

DJ
FM Entertainment – 10
Again, based on a lot of great reviews on this site, we decided to check out FM Entertainment. We went to their showcase which was a great way to see a DJ! We booked with them that night. Frank is awesome to deal with and his prices are so reasonable. We got the extra club lights which really made a big difference in our room! Frank was our MC and did an amazing job! Paul was our DJ and he was awesome too! They played every song that we wanted to hear! They did a great job on our ceremony, introductions into the reception and all of the other little details. I wanted to do a special dedication to my parents since it was their 43rd wedding anniversary that night and he did a great job with that too. Definitely check them out, I know they are in the process of updating their website so just go to a showcase and see for yourself!

DIY
Favors & Table Numbers
I had fun making our CD favors! It was really easy and I felt that it gave a personal touch!

jeanyus27

jeanyus27

We also gave Hershey’s Bliss Chocolates in a chiffon drawstring bag along with the CD’s.

jeanyus27

I also made 13 children’s favors. I got everything from Michael’s. They’re dollar section is awesome!
The table numbers took me about 15 minutes to do! I got the frames from IKEA (they came in packs of two for $3.50).

jeanyus27

Cake Toppers & Sign in Frame
theweddingoutlet.com
I loved our cake toppers! DH picked the palm trees, but I also wanted a bride and groom. I thought these were really cute! I also loved our sign in board. It looks so cool with all the writing on it!

jeanyus27

jeanyus27

jeanyus27

Larkfield Manor – 10

I have to give them a 10 because our wedding did go really well. We had a few minor issues, but they really weren’t that big of a deal. We worked mostly with Marianne before the big day and she is really nice. There was supposed to be another wedding going on, but they cancelled a few months before. So they gave us the big cocktail hour room which I was really happy about. Also, since it rained we had to have our ceremony inside and I loved the way they set it up! We had the ceremony in the smaller cocktail hour room.
Frank the Maitre’d is AWESOME! Soon after we arrived, a button popped off of my dad’s tux and Frank himself took a button off of his back up tux and sewed it onto my dad’s! I thought that was so great of him to do and he did it in like five minutes! He kept everything running so smoothly and dealt with my crazy family really well! Also I know some guests at the wedding were sneaking in the bridal suite and, well I’ll just say doing some bad things, and Frank had to play “bad cop”. I felt bad that he had to deal with that since it’s not his job to baby-sit, but I really appreciated him taking care of it. He was also really nice to our 6 year old flower girl and made her comfortable with everything she had to do. We had two bridal attendants who were so nice. One of them did the bustle on my dress and I have to say that she did it better than the people at the bridal gown store did! I don’t know how she did it, but it looked the best I had ever seen it!
We were supposed to guarantee 100 people, but unfortunately we ended up with only 82. In the end only 79 actually showed. Also DH’s dad decided last minute that he couldn’t make it from Georgia because he is suffering from cancer and was afraid he would be too sick at the wedding. We explained all of this to Larkfield and were hoping they would throw something in to make up for the 21 extra dinners we paid for. We didn’t get any extras, but I can’t complain too much about that because we did get exactly what we paid for.
They included the ice sculpture and DH asked if they could do two palm trees. It came out really nice! Also I gave them a picture of the cake that I wanted and wasn’t sure if they could do it. They immediately said no problem, and the cake was gorgeous, and also delicious! I really just wanted fresh flowers on the cake, but they put some yellow ones with icing too. I would’ve preferred they not put the ones with the icing, but it still looked really beautiful. Everyone raved about the food; the amount of it and the quality. Also the service was excellent. One minor problem was that they never asked us if there was any particular beer that we wanted. We found out later that they were supposed to go over that in the final meeting. During the cocktail hour, the two guys in our Bridal Party asked the bartender for Bud Light and the bartender was a little rude and told them that he didn’t have many and they were for the groom only. DH had to talk to the bartender and told him to give it to them. Had we known, we would have told them to order more of that.
In the end we are really happy that we went with Larkfield Manor. The price was very reasonable and there really was so much food! I really wish we could’ve taken pictures outside by the gazebo, but that rain didn’t stop for a second! Anyone who is having there wedding there is going to have a great day. They really cover all of the important details and I put all of my trust in Frank to run the show, and he really pulled through. I wish we could go to someone else’s wedding there so we could actually eat! My dress was too tight to fit anything in my belly!

jeanyus27

jeanyus27

jeanyus27

jeanyus27

Honeymoon
Sandals Grande Antigua - 10
We had an amazing honeymoon! Before we left we read a few not so great reviews about Sandals Antigua and I was a little worried. Well this place totally exceeded our expectations. The grounds are gorgeous. DH couldn't stop talking about how every plant, tree and shrub is different! I never felt like there were a lot of people there. It was always quiet when walking through the paths. Just the sound of frogs and birds, which I loved! The beach is so beautiful. We spent our first night there watching the sunset while floating in the ocean. It was unbelievable. The food was awesome! All of the restaurants were great. Eleanors was the only one that we thought was just ok (Caribbean food). The reservation system was easy, you can make them up to two nights before, so every morning we would call for the next night. All of the restaurants were so good! Every night we would go to the Cricketers Pub for a late night snack and get nachos, wings, burgers, chocolate creme brulee, cheese cake and so many other delicious things! The drinks were made really well too. Everyone is so friendly and they really go above and beyond to make sure everyone is happy and having a good time. We did a helicopter tour which we booked on our own before we left with Caribbean Helicopters. That was the most amazing experience! We did an Eco tour with Island Safari, that was so much fun! The party at Shirley Heights was so much fun too! I would definitely recommend this place to honeymooners and couples of all ages! We would like to go back some day.

jeanyus27

jeanyus27

jeanyus27

view from the helicopter

jeanyus27

jeanyus27

jeanyus27

On the eco tour

jeanyus27

more pics at Sandals

jeanyus27

jeanyus27

On our balcony

jeanyus27

jeanyus27

jeanyus27

jeanyus27

jeanyus27

jeanyus27

MESSAGE EDITED6/12/2008 2:01:05 PM

POSTED 6/12/08 1:49 PM

▼ 3475 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 9/27/2008 2:30 PM
Posted By

Re: 5/16/08 Larkfield Manor, ADA Studios, Infinite Video, FM Entertainment, Flower Barn, Royalty, & more!! PLUS SANDALS ANTIGUA!

agraydc

agraydc

keeping my fingers crossed

3475 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/27/2008 2:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
The Century House, Latham, NY

you looked beautiful....great review and congrats!!!!

▼ 1029 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 8/31/2008 12:00 AM
Posted By

Re: 5/16/08 Larkfield Manor, ADA Studios, Infinite Video, FM Entertainment, Flower Barn, Royalty, & more!! PLUS SANDALS ANTIGUA!

Lil83108

Lil83108

Almost there...

1029 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/31/2008 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Marina Del Rey!

Great Review! You looked beautiful

Posted By

jeanyus27

jeanyus27

Where to go now?

4229 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Larkfield Manor

Posted by agraydc

you looked beautiful....great review and congrats!!!!

Thank you! You are getting married on my 30th birthday!!

▼ 14442 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 10/12/2008 3:00 PM
Posted By

Mici n KC

Mici n KC

♥ ♥ ♥

14442 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/12/2008 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Jericho Terrace A+++++

Great review! Congrats!!!!

▼ 2860 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 11/23/2008 11:30 AM
Posted By

deb08

deb08

Ohhhh soooooooooo happy!!!

2860 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
11/23/2008 11:30 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Coral House a++++++++

wow- so glad everythng was great for your wedding!! congrats!!

POSTED BY SoonToBeMrsScott
5 years ago
▼ 2647 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 7/2/2008 5:00 PM
Posted By

SoonToBeMrsScott

SoonToBeMrsScott

I Had The Time Of My Life

2647 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/2/2008 5:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Westbury Manor

what an amazing wedding and birthday congrats

POSTED BY MIssBridalBliss
5 years ago
▼ 796 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 8/22/2008 4:00 PM
Posted By

MIssBridalBliss

MIssBridalBliss

Board Fanatic

796 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/22/2008 4:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Lombardi's on the Sound

GORGEOUS! Congratulations!

▼ 2312 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 8/16/2008 3:00 PM
Posted By

msflesch

MARRIED!!!!!!!

2312 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/16/2008 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Hamlet Wind Watch A++++

You looked soooo pretty. I love the yellow BM dresses, such a great color.
Congrats.

▼ 1649 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 8/30/2008 2:30 PM
Posted By

oktom22

oktom22

In love with my baby girl!

1649 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/30/2008 2:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Westbury Manor~ A++++++

Congrats!!! Thanks for such a detailed review!! Everything looked amazing!

▼ 2558 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 9/13/2008 7:30 PM
Posted By

jessnstu08

jessnstu08

Loving my DH more each day

2558 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/13/2008 7:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Royalton

geat review !

▼ 3926 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 10/12/2008 6:30 PM
Posted By

bigrd37

bigrd37

1st anniversary!!

3926 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/12/2008 6:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Harbor Club

great review. glad to hear good things about flower barn. i love mike!!

▼ 10859 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 3/28/2008 7:30 PM
Posted By

GinaZ

Wedding Mania!!

10859 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
3/28/2008 7:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION

excellent review! Everything looked great!!! Your honeymoon looked amazing- I want to go to Antigua!!!

▼ 1445 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 5/22/2008 3:00 PM
Posted By

Soon2BMrs.T

Soon2BMrs.T

almost a year!!! Wow!!!

1445 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/22/2008 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Fox Hollow

Great review!!!

▼ 3614 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 7/1/2008 2:00 PM
Posted By

SAMORY

SAMORY

Life Is Great!!!!!

3614 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/1/2008 2:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
WESTBURY MANOR

▼ 4572 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 9/14/2008 12:00 AM
Posted By

Gigi08

Married the love of my life!

4572 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/14/2008 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Villa Lombardi's

You looked beautiful! I love your dress and headpiece. Everything looked great.

▼ 334 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 7/26/2008 6:00 PM
Posted By

agittleman

agittleman

Board Fanatic

334 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/26/2008 6:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Ritz Carlton - NYC

You looked beautiful!! CONGRATS!!

▼ 79 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 5/16/2008 12:00 AM
Posted By

louyvon

louyvon

Board Enthusiast

79 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/16/2008 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
The Sand Castle Caterers+++++++

Great review!!!! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the day. BTW, I felt the same thing about the photography for my wedding also on that day, but everything looked liked it turned out good anyway...

POSTED BY ILOVEBRIAN2008
5 years ago
▼ 7526 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 8/8/2008 3:00 PM
Posted By

ILOVEBRIAN2008

ILOVEBRIAN2008

OMG im married!!!!!

7526 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/8/2008 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Larkfield Manor

wow great review! im so glad that fm and larkfield did a great job!

congratulations! u were a beautiful bride!!!

Posted By

jeanyus27

jeanyus27

Where to go now?

4229 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Larkfield Manor

Posted by ILOVEBRIAN2008

wow great review! im so glad that fm and larkfield did a great job!

congratulations! u were a beautiful bride!!!

Thank you! You're going to have an awesome time there!

▼ 22398 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 8/15/2008 4:00 PM
Posted By

Mrs. V 2008

Board Princess

22398 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/15/2008 4:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION

great review!!!!! you looked amazing!!!

▼ 6140 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 6/30/2007 2:45 PM
Posted By

Lissy3077

1 year already!!!

6140 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/30/2007 2:45 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Jericho Terrace

congrats!!!!

▼ 619 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 11/14/2008 8:30 PM
Posted By

Medinatobe

Medinatobe

Board Fanatic

619 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
11/14/2008 8:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Leonard's

Great review! Congrats

POSTED BY stephlovesseyi
5 years ago
▼ 2663 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 7/2/2009 5:00 PM
Posted By

stephlovesseyi

stephlovesseyi

Mrs. Ogunnaike!!!!!!!!!!!

2663 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/2/2009 5:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Larkfield Manor

Great Review!!! Im a Larkfield Bride and we're also considering Sandals for the HM, so I really appreciate the through review! Im so excited!!!! You looked beautiful!

▼ 1397 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 10/16/2009 4:00 PM
Posted By

Steffie

Steffie

Pre-Cana Next!!

1397 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/16/2009 4:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Westbury Manor

Great Review!!! Love all the pictures, you looked very happy!!!!!
And everything looked beautiful

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.
Bridal Pics

Bridal Pics
$33.00

$150.00

luxe

luxe
$135.00

b-1502

b-1502
$170.00