6/24/2007 1:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
North Ritz Club

Ladies,

Can anyone provide feedback on the following three bridal stores in Brooklyn:

Lestan
Valentina Bridal
Monica's Bridal

I am basically interested in finding out if they have a large selection of bridal gowns and bridesmaid gowns to try on. Not sure if I should bother making my way there if they don't have much.

Thanks!

Posted By

NEW Re: Brooklyn bridal stores..

Mikeysgirl

Mikeysgirl

"I'm Addicted"

1910 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/20/2007 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Leonard's

Lestan's has a pretty good selection however their customer services is terrible. I got a bridesmaid's dress from them last year for my friends wedding and they were so disorganized. I always had to wait at least an hour to get my alterations done even though I had an appointment each time. After the second fitting there was something wrong with the dress and I asked to fix it. They didn't write it down and when I questioned them about this they said the seamstress would remember, I should have known they were lying. WHen I went back a week later to pick up the dress nothing had been done to it. By this time it was too late for them to do anything because my friend's wedding was hte next day.
I made the mistake of going there to look at wedding dresses. I called and asked them if they had a specific dress and they told me yes. When I got there it turns out that they didn't have hte dress! When I asked to look at a specific designer's dress the woman told me it was very expensive. SHe did't want to show me the dresses and she told me to look through them myself which was impossible to do. When I found a few that I liked she carried them into the fitting room but didn't help me put them on, and they were very heavy ballgowns. They also quoted me an insane amount for alterations and they wated to charge 20% of the dresses value for hollow to hem on top of the alterations. Needless to say I didn't buy my dress from them.

Posted By

nylisa

nylisa

Many More Years To Come

11310 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/18/2004 2:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Manor East

I got my gown and my BM dresses from Valentina's. They are wonderful to work with and have a very large selections of gowns and dresses.

Posted By

ChrissynRicky

Board Princess

14598 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/30/2006 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Fox Hollow - Woodbury, NY

Loooooooove Valentina's - read my review.

Lestans - heard a lot of NEGATIVE'S about them.

Posted By

Soon2BeMrsD

Soon2BeMrsD

FH and Our Lil baby *Mookiee*

2058 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/28/2007 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Somewhere far away...

im actually a BM in my friends wedding and our dresses came from valentinas...just went there today for first fitting....they are very nice, seem to have a large selection, have maggie sottero if your interested....we ordered our dresses about a month and a half ago and they just came in (6 BM) her wedding is in august....i have some issues with the dress itself and the alterations but they will get fixed, the dress was ordered a bit too big which i know they do, so i have to see how it looks after alterations...alterations are free too btw....other than that im pleased with the service/store!

Posted By

seta

seta

Can you get over yourself?

3890 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/21/2006 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Fox Hollow - N/A

do not buy anything in lestans!!!!

Posted By

GrkItalWedding

Board Fanatic

813 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/24/2007 1:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
North Ritz Club

BUMP....any other comments???

Thank you to the ladies that responded.

Posted By

BklynItaliana

BklynItaliana

I <3 BRIAN

2348 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/16/2007 1:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
BEAUTIFUL

LESTANS = XXX

Valentina is good.. although i have not bought anything from them particuraly(SP) i have heard good things.

I am going to valentina this weekend to look at dresses and i am also going to Doris Fashions, i have heard goodthings baout htem also

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.
Foot Petals

Foot Petals
$6.95