Mediterranean Manor Caterers - reception location

Tran-Star Executive Transportation Services - undefined

Mediterranean Manor Caterers - reception location

Posted By

NEW formula for guest list

LIWeddings Archive

Old post records from years ago...

∞ TOTAL POSTS

Does anyone know of a good formula for estimating how many people will attend the wedding reception as compared to the invite list?

It sounds like you got a great deal. My price is a little lower, not much, but we did not get video. They told us we could add it later in Jan or Feb. So, I guess we need to make a decision on that.

I'll check my package tonight and let you know more tomorrow.

POSTED 1/7/00 2:00 PM

Posted By

JennRenee

JennRenee

Patiently Waiting For Summer

8162 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/6/2001 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Flowerfield

I have heard that there is a 25% "no-show/cancellation/no response" for the invite list. I have also heard of a few cases where everyone on the list came (225 invitees, the room only held 175 comfortably). I think a good way to do it is to invite only the total amount of people that would fit comfortably in the room and if everyone comes--great. If not there is room for everyone.

It sounds like you got a great deal. My price is a little lower, not much, but we did not get video. They told us we could add it later in Jan or Feb. So, I guess we need to make a decision on that.

I'll check my package tonight and let you know more tomorrow.

POSTED 1/9/00 2:00 PM

Posted By

Karen

"I'm Addicted"

1077 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
Feb 22 2002

WEDDING LOCATION
Blessed Sacrament Church

I've heard to expect that 20-25% of your guests will decline. I've also been told that people are uncomfortable sending 'no's (out of fear of upsetting the bride) so they often don't respond & you'll need to call.......

As Jennifer noted, COMFORT is key. Examine the room and see how many can comfortably sit at a table - not how many the caterer says can fit. Usually, the caterers numbers are more aggressive & people get squished at the tables.

Posted By

LIWeddings Archive

∞ TOTAL POSTS

I have a formula for determining how many guests will actuall attend your wedding/reception give or take a dozen.

# of guests invited x .66 x 1.15 = total # of guests who will attend

I got this formula from USABride.com. They have a tip of the day that you can have sent to your e-mail if you want. If not you can just get on their site and look at the tips. Some of their ideas are pretty good.

Posted By

LIWeddings Archive

∞ TOTAL POSTS

The average "no" percentage is 10% - 13%

# of guests invited x .66 x 1.15 = total # of guests who will attend

I got this formula from USABride.com. They have a tip of the day that you can have sent to your e-mail if you want. If not you can just get on their site and look at the tips. Some of their ideas are pretty good.

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.
Bra Sachet

Bra Sachet
$11.00