Long Island Weddings Vendors ▼

Mediterranean Manor Caterers - reception location

Bellport Country Club - reception location

Brentwood Country Club - reception location

Stewart Manor Country Club - reception location

Autumn Studio - Invitations

Hamptons Weddings

Posted By

NEW How much do you tip the Maitre D' at the end of the night??

deanna

Board Enthusiast

92 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/2/2002 5:00 PM

Hi ladies. I had an appointment with the Banquet Manager at my hall this week and he had said the appropriate amount to tip the Maitre D' at the end of the night is between 650-850. To me that sounds a little too much. Does any know what the correct amount is? Thank you.

Posted By

NEW How much do you tip the Maitre D` at the end of the night??

Marnles

Marnles

Bakin' a baby girl!

4468 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
12/13/2002 6:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Stewart Manor Country Club

That in my opinion is VERY high. We were told that the SUGGESTED tip for maitre'd is approx. $2 - $3 pp. I feel it is based on service, but what you can afford as well. We are having approx. 150 people, so we will probably tip around $300, maybe a little more if the service is top notch. Good luck!

Posted By

NEW How much do you tip the Maitre D` at the end of the night??

deanna

Board Enthusiast

92 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

Hi Marnles. That's what I had thought...but I wasn't sure. Thank you for clearing that up :)

Posted By

NEW I think that is crazy too ... what I think we are doing is .

Cira

Cira

What if ... ?

3462 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/23/2002 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Westbury Manor

we are having about 200 people and we will give the maitre d' about $400 - but either my brother or my FH (we haven't decided) will give the maitre d' 1/2 up front and tell him that more will come as long as we are treated OK! I want to make sure that as long as we get treated right, then we will tip right! :-)

Posted By

NEW Cira that's a really good idea also!!! *NM*

deanna

Board Enthusiast

92 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

Posted By

NEW I think that is crazy too ... what I think we are doing is .

NIHA

NIHA

Lyla's Mommy

3207 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/22/2002 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Watermill

Wow, that's a lot. I guess they don't make a lot of money? I will probably also do $2-3 pp.

Posted By

NEW Now that was very funny Nina =) *NM*

deanna

Board Enthusiast

92 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

Posted By

NEW Re: Now that was very funny Nina =) *NM*

Marcela1654

Board Princess

10322 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/16/2004 3:00 PM

I was also told $2-3 per person. What you were told seems like a lot! You should double check with them to make sure they did not make a mistake!

Posted By

NEW Re: How much do you tip the Maitre D' at the end of the night??

pentagon

Wedding Newbie

9 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
Apr 12 2003

My caterer told me to tip her $2.50pp

Posted By

michele31

michele31

Molly Eva's Mommy

10676 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
11/2/2002 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
The Hamlet Windwatch

I plan to decide if and how much to tip each of my vendors. They cannot tell me what to tip them because then it is not a tip, it is a charge! I just do not get why these people feel like they deserve extra for doing their jobs. Any of my vendors that tells me how much to tip them will get zero from me.

Posted By

DeniseMang

DeniseMang

"I'm Addicted"

2061 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/25/2002 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
John Anthony's

My hall also told me I needed to tip the Maitre D' between $300 - $500. So I said ok only 100 people, I will tip $300. Well as it turns out they tack $300 on the bill upfront before the day, then they ask that you give the other $200 the day of. Sorry. But this wedding is costing me way to much to begin with. Can you believe the nerve!

Posted By

NEW Re: Denisemang

NIHA

NIHA

Lyla's Mommy

3207 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Watermill

Where is you wedding? That is unbelievable. I'm still trying to figure out why the 18% gratuity that I'm paying does not include the MD. Like I said in the other post, it seems like they don't get paid much from the reception hall, if for every wedding that they host, they get several hundred dollars in tips??

Posted By

NEW Nina

Marnles

Marnles

Bakin' a baby girl!

4468 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION

Yeah, either they don't make a lot OR.....we're all in the wrong profession!!!!!!! Masters degree and all, I don't make that much for every day that I work!!

Just a side note about how much catering halls try to get you for more money, my catering hall told me in the beginning that valet parking was free...then the guy we booked with left, they didn't put it in the original contract, and when I called back they told me it costs 300 dollars for valet....needless to say, I was livid!
I fought them on it, and said, you mean to tell me that for 5 hours work, you pay each valet person $150!!! Geez, I'm in the wrong profession - now gimmee a break. They work on tips and you know it! They sent me a new contract right away, which states it includes valet...I also explained that the Internet is a VERY powerful tool, and they should do what they can to keep me a happy customer...I think that did the trick!

Posted By

NEW Re: Marnles...valet parking

NIHA

NIHA

Lyla's Mommy

3207 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Watermill

Good for you!! I didn't even thing about valet. It is included in our package, but I don't know about tips, do I pay them, or do the guest? The tips alone are going to be more than my wedding gown!

Posted By

NEW Re: Nina...valet parking

Marnles

Marnles

Bakin' a baby girl!

4468 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION

In my opinion, tipping the valet is up to the individual guests....I have no idea of the service they will be providing, so I won't tip...And I know what you mean about tips being more than my dress - it's crazy!

Posted By

NEW Nina

DeniseMang

DeniseMang

"I'm Addicted"

2061 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/25/2002 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
John Anthony's

I am getting married at John Anthonys.

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.
luxe

luxe
$135.00