Long Island Weddings Vendors ▼

Bellport Country Club - reception location

Brentwood Country Club - reception location

Mediterranean Manor Caterers - reception location

Memento Photography - photo

Yvonne's Invitations & Favors - Invitations

Kilt Rentals

Posted By

NEW Marriage license and Birth certificate question!

Rob-luvs-me

Rob-luvs-me

It's A Sickness!

5016 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/24/2004 4:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
The Cherry Valley Club

I have a passport and a drivers license but do I NEED my birth certificate to get a marriage license - The only birth cert I have is my original from the hospital.

We are getting married in Garden City - Where can I go that I don't need a birth cert and if I do need one- how do I get it with a raised seal? How long does it take

Posted By

NEW Re: Marriage license and Birth certificate question!

Boop2704

It's A Sickness!

6020 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
2/7/2004 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Stuart Thomas Manor A+++++++

Doesn't your original have the raised seal?? We went to town hall in hempstead and needed our birth certificate and drivers license. They don't keep it, they give it right back. I think you can get an original copy with the seal at town hall.FH got an original of his sons birth certificate with the raised seal. I think he had to pay like $10. Call and check with them, I think a passport is just as good as the birth certificate.

Posted By

Rob-luvs-me

Rob-luvs-me

It's A Sickness!

5016 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
The Cherry Valley Club

No hospital originals do not have raised seals only the government issued ones do.

How long did it take for him to get his birth cert. I need to find this out now in case I have to rearrange my travel plans to get one while I am in NY (I am in Michigan now)

Posted By

Boop2704

It's A Sickness!

6020 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION

FH went down to town hall to get his sons and he walked out with it. They give it to you right away. He said it took 15 minutes and was about ten dollars. It is an original with the raised seal.

Posted By

Rob-luvs-me

Rob-luvs-me

It's A Sickness!

5016 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
The Cherry Valley Club

Hmmm maybe it does have the raised seal - I just checked FH's and his is issued by the hospital and it has a raised seal - My parents swore that it doesn't and they have it locked in their safe deposit box and keep forgetting to give it to me.

Does anyone know if the original from the hospitals ALL have the raise seals?

Posted By

Boop2704

It's A Sickness!

6020 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION

I know mine does and so does FH. Ours are pretty old, so it seems like it is not raised anymore but it is and has the seal. Maybe yours is old like ours and the seal has just kinda pressed back in a bit, so it doesn't look like its raised.

Posted By

kdelace

kdelace

Is it summer yet?

3078 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
1/1/2011 12:00 AM

i got my marriage license in long beach and they just asked for our driver's license. if i needed to show our birth certificates i had my fiance's original and one I ordered of mine.

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.