NEW MOB dress for summer wedding...

dedecakes

I'm MARRIED!!!

1638 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/2/2009 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Jericho Terrace- Skylight

For those brides that are getting married in June, July, or August or were married in June, July, or August...what color dress did your mom wear? I went shopping with my mom today and all of the dresses were dark colors.

Also, if you have a picture of your mom MOB dress, please post it. TIA!!! My mom thinks the dresses that I liked for her were too fancy. What do you think?

dedecakes
dedecakes

Posted By

NEW Re: MOB dress for summer wedding...

Mrs. V 2008

Board Princess

22398 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/15/2008 4:00 PM

My mom wore english rose..she looked great in it!!! I also loved how it was in the same color family as my bridal party

Mrs. V 2008

MESSAGE EDITED2/16/2009 8:22:18 PM

POSTED 2/16/09 8:21 PM

Posted By

Utopia923

Utopia923

Board Fanatic

354 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/24/2009 4:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
The Thatched Cottage

I think my mom tried on the second dress in your post.

My mom didn't want a heavy fabric, and ended up ordering a chifon dress.

Here's a link to her dress: http://www.jasminebridal.com/J_3_1_1_1.aspx?sqno=JPN2008092510298&j_style_no=STYL20080821004&j_line_no=LINE20080821012&j_line_season=B

stupidly, it's against a dark background so you can't see all the detailing. But it's really pretty. And it actually is similar to my girls' dresses. My mom ordered it in espresso, and my bridal party is wearing chocolate brown chifon dresses with either champagne or lavendar sashes.

It was hard to find a dress that wasn't too formal, or too hot (temp-wise), or too old, or too anything... but she totally felt comfortable in this dress and knew it was the one right away.

Hope this helps!

Posted By

kbond06

Married<3

1430 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
1/1/2009 12:00 AM

my mom opted for a brown-ish color, not dark dark brown, but in the brown family. She also has blonde hair and I think it will bring out her tan. Really- any color should go...girls choose dark BM colors even in summer

Posted By

2009Bride2Be

2009Bride2Be

More Than My Own Life

1247 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/25/2009 12:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
New York

MOB and MOG actually stayed within the bridal party colors, which was NOT on purpose but works out pefectly for me! =))

My mom is wearing a champagne color that has a blush pink undertone too it... And his mom got a chocolate brown dress... My moms dress is like a chiffon material with satin and lots of beading on top and has a bolero that my mom will DEF NOT take off... And his mom's is chiffon material as well i believe and has a bolero that she would take off but has like sheer sleeves VERY pretty and tasteful...

I think the dresses you posted are pretty just be careful they wont be TOO heavy for such a summery wedding ya know? I think you should keep the wedding in mind... How formal or dressy is your dress? How formal and dressy is the ambience you want for your wedding ya know?

Like my dress is not very dramatic and big and pouffy so for my mom to come out with one of the dresses you have posted wouldnt go with the whole theme/vibe of my wedding... Ya know what I mean? so that is def something to keep in mind =) AND you want your mom to wear what she feels best in as well... DEF make her try on stuff she wouldnt normally try on cause I did and its the dress my mom fell in love with! AND BOUGHT! =) But dont make her get something if she tries it on and still doesnt like it... ya know? =/ just my opinion hope that helps some =)

Posted By

FuTuRe MrS MaZz

FuTuRe MrS MaZz

Board Princess

15066 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/2/2009 11:30 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Swan Club

im having a sun afternoon wedding in aug and my mom is wearing a formal black gown that will need to be bustled... check me album for the pic

Posted By

dedecakes

I'm MARRIED!!!

1638 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION

Posted by StaciP

MOB and MOG actually stayed within the bridal party colors, which was NOT on purpose but works out pefectly for me! =))

My mom is wearing a champagne color that has a blush pink undertone too it... And his mom got a chocolate brown dress... My moms dress is like a chiffon material with satin and lots of beading on top and has a bolero that my mom will DEF NOT take off... And his mom's is chiffon material as well i believe and has a bolero that she would take off but has like sheer sleeves VERY pretty and tasteful...

I think the dresses you posted are pretty just be careful they wont be TOO heavy for such a summery wedding ya know? I think you should keep the wedding in mind... How formal or dressy is your dress? How formal and dressy is the ambience you want for your wedding ya know?

Like my dress is not very dramatic and big and pouffy so for my mom to come out with one of the dresses you have posted wouldnt go with the whole theme/vibe of my wedding... Ya know what I mean? so that is def something to keep in mind =) AND you want your mom to wear what she feels best in as well... DEF make her try on stuff she wouldnt normally try on cause I did and its the dress my mom fell in love with! AND BOUGHT! =) But dont make her get something if she tries it on and still doesnt like it... ya know? =/ just my opinion hope that helps some =)

My dress is a big ballgown. We are going for a very formal wedding and I feel like the RH is very formal. However...that is the big concern, that the taffeta is going to be too heavy/hot for the summer. That's why I was wondering what all of the summer brides' mothers were wearing.

Posted By

shelly17711

shelly17711

Board Fanatic

317 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/1/2009 7:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
VYC

Gold MOB Dress but in the blue/green color. I'm trying to make her change the Bolero Jacket into cap sleeves I think it make it look way more youthful.

shelly17711
shelly17711

MESSAGE EDITED2/16/2009 9:19:12 PM

POSTED 2/16/09 9:17 PM

Posted By

2009Bride2Be

2009Bride2Be

More Than My Own Life

1247 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
New York

Umm how about a nice light chiffon or I dont even know if chiffon is the right name of the material I may be totally off on that! LOL

Have you gone to any stores yet? Cause I know IN stores, which Im sure you already know, they have such a nice selection and the dresses look so different in person... But when I went I personally thought that the taffeta was a bit heavy for a summer wedding... =/ Ill see if I can find a pic of my moms or his moms dress or something similar to show you for more ideas =)

Posted By

2009Bride2Be

2009Bride2Be

More Than My Own Life

1247 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
New York

http://www.cbslimited.com/bridesmaid-dresses/detail_mob_jdl-29103

How about something like that? Like its still REALLY dressy BUT if you notice the sleeves are lace which keeps it light... Look on that site, big selection GREAT prices! =))

Posted By

2009Bride2Be

2009Bride2Be

More Than My Own Life

1247 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
New York

Posted by shelly17711

Gold MOB Dress but in the blue/green color. I'm trying to make her change the Bolero Jacket into cap sleeves I think it make it look way more youthful.

PS it was chiffon...

LOVEEEEEEEEEEE the dress!! dede this would be nice and the jacket keepts it light =)

Posted By

kimmaymb20

kimmaymb20

I'm back!

10583 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
3/26/2011 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Chateau Briand

my aunt wore for my cousins wedding in Sept a peachy colored dress

Posted By

dedecakes

I'm MARRIED!!!

1638 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION

Posted by StaciP

http://www.cbslimited.com/bridesmaid-dresses/detail_mob_jdl-29103

How about something like that? Like its still REALLY dressy BUT if you notice the sleeves are lace which keeps it light... Look on that site, big selection GREAT prices! =))

My mom wants a strapless dress.

And yes we went to 4 different salons today, sigh.

Posted By

gina409

gina409

hoping and praying

22732 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/16/2009 7:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
fox hollow

that first dress is stunning!!!!

Posted By

Snick n Nick

Snick n Nick

Lovin my Husby :) bzz bzz....

4873 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/7/2008 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Hamlet Willow Creek

My mom's dress was Taffeta in a jade green/teal color--very pretty It looks kinda funny in first two of these b/c she is walking but it was super flattering! I think it's more important to find a color that is flattering for your mom than to worry about the color and the season. MIL wore light blue, and that was fine too. Especially if your mom doesn't have any daughters in the BP, it doesn't really matter if her dress goes with the BM dresses b/c she won't be in pics with them. Last pic is MIL's dress...next to her is SIL who was one of the BMs.

Snick n Nick

Snick n Nick

Snick n Nick

Snick n Nick

Posted By

fiore76

fiore76

I'm a Mrs.

3221 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/18/2009 6:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
West Sayville Country Club

My mom will be wearing Navy blue. I love it!!

Posted By

MrsDrinkh20

Cutest Couple :-)

13477 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/3/2009 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
a lovely place

my mom will be wearing this dress in a pale pink color...i LOVE it!!!

MrsDrinkh20

Posted By

JoAnnJuneBride

JoAnnJuneBride

Board Fanatic

530 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/12/2009 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
the hunt is over

My Mom will be wearing a light brown colored dress. My Bridal party is wearing Tiffany Blue with a chocolate bow so I think she will be staying in the color sheme as the rest of them. We actually had to argue about this as she wanted to wear a little black dress (it's thinning) and in my culture the MOB should never wear black to a wedding!!!

MESSAGE EDITED2/17/2009 8:52:39 AM

POSTED 2/17/09 8:52 AM

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.
ea349

ea349
$99.00