Christy Ann Cosmetics - make up

Lessing's Waterfront Weddings - reception location

Mediterranean Manor Caterers - reception location

A. Stan Wiest Music - Bands

Dolce & Gelato Catering - unique

Decor and Decorations

▼ 1979 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 12/13/2014 4:00 PM
Posted By

NEW The Cottage At East Wind- A review :)

katielynn

katielynn

ms. g to mrs. g <3

1979 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
12/13/2014 4:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
The Mansion at West Sayville

So last night my cousin got married at The Cottage at East Wind :)

Ceremony: It was LOVELY! Her ceremony was able to outside since the rain cleared up and the garden space is BEAUTIFUL. The only hard part for me was that I really couldn't hear too much and I had a hard time seeing... but I'm only 4'10" so that doesn't shock me.

Cocktail hour: The food was DELICIOUS and plentiful. They had a cheese and fruit and veggie table and then they had another table of like.. 6 hot dishes. The eggplant rollitini and pierogies were delicious. I didn't try the other stuff bc there was SO much to choose from. They also had several passed hor d'ourves like veggie wontons and mozz. sticks and pinwheels. My only complaint with cocktail hour is that the space was a little tight but since we had the outside tables as well.. it worked.

Reception/Dinner: The cottage reception space is beautiful! They have the bride and groom sit in front of the beautiful windows and the whole space was just beautiful. The bathrooms were also really nice (and bathrooms are a BIG thing for me!) The food was great. When you first sit down there is a salad.. then we danced... then the pasta dish was served which was great! Then we danced some more. For dinner we had a choice of prime rib, a chicken dish, fish, and a pasta dish. I had the prime rib and it was cooked to order (so you don't have to eat it rare if you don't like it that way!) and it was quite tasty. It was a little salty to my liking but it was still delicious. They also served mashed potatoes and veggies and it was so good! They also passed around seconds (which FH LOOOVED) and it allowed you to try another dish as well.

DJ: She used LI Sound for her DJ. She had a one man dj/mc and he was great! He wasn't obnoxious or anything and he played a GREAT mix of music! He was really able to get the crowd going almost every single table was empty because everyone was dancing!

Flowers: I'm not sure who she did the flowers through (she used the vendor who was part of the package deal) but everything was beautiful. She had simple centerpiece of orchids submerged in a giant wine glass with floating candle on top. I do know she did the upgrade for the flowers but the cost wasn't extravagant either.

If this were Four Weddings I'd probably give my overall experience an 8/10. The Venue I'd say was a 8/10, her dress was a 10/10 (it was GORGEOUS and fit her beautifully!!) and then the food I'd give an 8/10 as well.

All in all... ladies if you're getting married at the Cottage in East Wind... You'll have a great day!!

And yes... she did the all inclusive deal :)

▼ 348 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 11/1/2013 1:00 PM
Posted By

NEW Re: The Cottage At East Wind- A review :)

mccoyrh

Board Fanatic

348 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
11/1/2013 1:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
TBD

Nice review. Loved the Four Wedding tie in.

POSTED BY CortneyAndKevin
1 year ago
▼ 1035 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 7/18/2014 3:00 PM
Posted By

CortneyAndKevin

CortneyAndKevin

Can't Wait To Be a Bride!

1035 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/18/2014 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
The Estate at East Wind

Yay!! I am an East Wind bride not the cottage but, I am so happy to hear :) thank you for sharing

▼ 1377 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 10/10/2014 3:30 PM
Posted By

dariamarie2

Can't wait to be his wife<3

1377 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/10/2014 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Check!

That was a great review!

▼ 1961 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 1/25/2014 2:30 PM
Posted By

Alyssa M

Alyssa M

Married! <3

1961 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
1/25/2014 2:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Estate at East Wind

great review!

▼ 672 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 10/19/2014 12:00 PM
Posted By

melhunny46

melhunny46

Board Fanatic

672 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/19/2014 12:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Majestic Gardens

If I only had 100 guests I would have done that but we have 160! Sounds like such a good deal!

POSTED BY Brunettelizzie29
1 year ago
▼ 1352 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 5/17/2014 2:00 PM
Posted By

Brunettelizzie29

Brunettelizzie29

Can't wait to be Mrs. K!!

1352 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/17/2014 2:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Woodbury Country Club

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.
Celebrate

Celebrate
$135.00