The Vineyards - reception location

Long Island Weddings Vendors ▼

Mediterranean Manor Caterers - reception location

Lessing's Waterfront Weddings - reception location

Francine's Bridal Experience - bridal accessories

Mansion at Timber Point - reception location

Bridal Veils

Posted By

NEW Does anyone else get angry at DH/FI when he smokes...

dietzer

Board Fanatic

251 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
11/29/2003

WEDDING LOCATION

pot? (i hope this post doesn't get locked or anything) I don't know why, but whenver DH smokes, it really bothers me. He used to smoke ALL the time and I thought he had a problem with it, but he's since cut down tremendously. Still, whenever he hangs out with this one friend, NO MATTER WHAT, they get stoned, and I hate it. I know its no big deal, but for some reason I feel threatened by it and I absolutely hate it. Anyone else experience this?

Posted By

NEW Re: Does anyone else get angry at DH/FI when he smokes...

palebride

palebride

Intercourse knows no season...

12359 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/3/2004 12:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Watermill

I don't have to go through that....but I have a tremendous hatred of the stuff since it almost ruined my brother's life a few years back. I have never tried it and never will. It causes way too many problems and it's just not worth it, in my opinion

Posted By

peeweesgirl

peeweesgirl

I know you are but what am I?

1859 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/15/2004 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION

I am sorry you have to go through this, but I just want to add that getting stoned is a big deal. I would be very upset if My fi did this. I would ask him why he is doing it and what is he gaining out of it. That just my opinion but I think it sucks........

Posted By

Kelly9904

Kelly9904

Mom, forever in my Heart!

2544 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/26/2004 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Meadow Club - Port JeffersonA +++++

I have to say that I would be very upset by this! I honestly get upset with my FH when he smokes a cigarette!

Posted By

LizD

LizD

Go Yankees

4383 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
12/15/2002 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
The Coral House

I agree with Peeweesgirl , it is a big deal. It seems you think so too or it would not bother you so much.

Posted By

hugs213

hugs213

Board Fanatic

742 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/11/2004 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Leonard's of Great Neck

My FI smokes pot too...but not in front of me anymore but I know he does because he reeks of it sometimes. I tried getting angry and upset but he just calls me a nag. He said that he was going to quit a few years ago but he never did...then he drastically cut down. But this week his room reeked of pot. I don't mind every once and a while but I don't want him doing it anymore once we have children.

Posted By

Kelly9904

Kelly9904

Mom, forever in my Heart!

2544 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/26/2004 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Meadow Club - Port JeffersonA +++++

This was a situation my cousin was in YEARS ago! Her FH smoked and she kinda let is slide! Then they got married and he kept saying he was quitting! Then one day my uncle comes over and my cousins husband has a pot plant in the back yard and she didnt even realize it!

A few years later, he ups and leaves, no explaination! They never had kids togehter (thank goodness) because she wouldn't until he quit smoking and he never did!

My thoughts are jsut that you have to really take into consideration the effects it can have on your life as well! His smoking directly affects you in so many ways! If he was a heavy drinker (like alcoholic) would you be upset/concerned? (I know for a fact how horrible this can be on a family)

Posted By

Maribelle7777

It's A Sickness!

5691 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/30/2004 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION

I would tell him in a non-confrontational way why you'd like him to stop. He might not listen right away but maybe he'll think about it and realize that it's important to you and stop.

Good luck.

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.