JZNCK

JZNCK

I am MRS. Z

3788 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
3/12/2005 7:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Estate at Eastwind Caterers

FI has this cousin, that I CANNOT STAND, she is so rude, and not enthused about the wedding at all.. I told her all about my dress, and i said do you want to see it, and she SHRUGGED HER SHOULDERS!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me?? What is her problem?? It's like everything she asks about the wedding, is did I do this right? and did I do that right? I dont' even want her coming to the wedding, her attitude is going to ruin my mood.. i'll try so hard not to but I know it will, she does it to me whenever she's around..so anyway, she was telling me how much money it's going to cost her to come to the wedding, since she lives in Georgia, meanwhile, when FI and I went to her wedding we spent over $1,000.. She is married to a doctor, uggh.. I wanted to be like, then DON'T COME!!! then she asked if we were driving to new york? I said I don't want to , and a lot of our gifts will probably be given at our shower, so we wont' have too many gifts to bring back, and the ones we do have we can ship.. SHE GOES "OH YOUR HAVING A SHOWER?" I said, I don't know for sure, but don't people usually have showers?? she's like, I haven't heard anything.. WHATEVER!!!! I wanted to cry, I want this to be special, i want to have a shower, now she has me thinking I'm not going to have a shower,and that makes me sad.. why wouldn't someone throw me one, am I not special enough.. I HATE HER and she's making me not even want to have my wedding!!!!!!!!!1

Posted By

NEW Re: can i complain?? long for all of you who are bored and want to read

JZNCK

JZNCK

I am MRS. Z

3788 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION

She started acting like this, when we were all at FBIL's wedding, I was drinking a beer out of a bottle, and her and her mom ran up to me and said, I can't believe your drinking beer out of a bottle,ladies don't do that, they snatched the bottle out of my hand and ran and got a glass.. I replied "it comes in a perfectly fine glass as it is" it wasn't a formal wedding, it was a hoe down.. ughh.. What is up with them????????? they were like, you need to come stay a week with us so we can teach you ettiquette, they said it jokingly but who are they?? that was the 3rd time I had met them

MESSAGE EDITED7/26/2004 1:54:53 PM

POSTED 7/26/04 1:52 PM

Posted By

diamondgrlie

diamondgrlie

Wedding Newbie

-3609 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/3/2005 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Woodbury Country Club - A+

I am so sorry you have to deal with this but please dont let one person make you feel like not having your special day. Maybe have someone you are close to in your family be in charge of keeping her away from you during the wedding.

Posted By

Kriss2c

Kriss2c

Don't pet the sweaty things!!

4830 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/18/2004 11:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION

Weddings bring out the worst in people. Try to not let her get to you.... I have a feeling she is a little jealous and just wants to get under your skin.

As for your shower, just let your BP know that you want one.... they are usually thrown a couple of months before the wedding itself, so you still have plenty of time.

Just remember this: Your day, your way.

Posted By

Board Fanatic

268 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
12/18/2004 7:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Woodbury CC

Try not to discuss the wedding with her at all. Whatever her reasons are, she's probably only trying to upset you or make you feel insecure. Since she doesn't really have anything to offer (such as advice or kind words), don't bring up the wedding. Talk about the something else.

Posted By

ChristineC68

Board Princess

12170 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/21/2002 6:00 PM

I would avoid the wedding talk with her - if she is not interested for what ever reason there's no need for you to get upset about her lack of enthusiasm.

I wouldn't worry at all about a shower - your wedding is in 8 months so the shower would be in about 6 - there is plenty of time to plan one and since she would have no part in the planning, she can wait for an invite like everyone else.

Posted By

JZNCK

JZNCK

I am MRS. Z

3788 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION

Thanks ladies.. i wanted the shower to be a surprise, and wasn't expecting it for a while, but she acted so surprised, that I WAS HAVING A SHOWER!!!! That's what made me mad.. thanks girls, i had to get that out.. I can't be bitchy, although I try, and it doesn't work..lol.

Posted By

kpny622

kpny622

American Idol is FIXED!

1103 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/22/2004 5:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
CB

You are not alone. Please don't take it personally or let it ruin your engagement period.

During the planning stages, I often thought that I was this horrible person because some idiot would say something negative, or nothing at all, about our wedding. Even family or close friends who are supposed to be happy for you and supportive, suddenly turn evil and for some reason think you want to hear them complain about your wedding and how miserable you are making them. These are the same people that expected you to move mountains for their own wedding! It is unbelievable.

You will have a shower and you will have a beautiful wedding and you should not feel one ounce of guilt about any of it because you deserve it - way more than that cousin of yours does!

Posted By

JimmysBride

JimmysBride

Beyond Obsession

9967 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/9/2004 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
SandCastle

Aw, I'm sorry you have to deal with this little beotch. You need to distance yourself from the negative person as much as possible. I'm getting that maybe she is even in the wedding party, but even so, avoid talking to her and being around her as much as possible. And don't talk wedding stuff with her!! She doesn't deserve to share in the fun! You don't need this negativity around you right now. And I'm sure you're having a shower. It is early still for those plans and she sounds clueless anyway.

Posted By

FLaCaTaCa

FLaCaTaCa

Proud Marine and Marine Wife

400 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
1/13/2007 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Mustin Beach Officers Club

Some people are just so rude. Not much we can do except smile and nod!

Posted By

laudipop

laudipop

Board Fanatic

449 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/30/2004 6:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Grand Prospect Hall

Is she from Georgia? I think there's a different idea of "etiquette" down there! Being mean to a bride is okay, but drinking from a bottle isn't?

She sounds nasty, don't let her negativity get to you. I'm sure you'll have a shower and your wedding will be so beautiful that there's no way she can ruin it.

Posted By

Bebalina

Bebalina

HAPPY HOMEOWNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-12 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/14/2005 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Crest Hollow Country Club 10+++++++++++++++

Posted by FLaCaTaCa

Some people are just so rude. Not much we can do except smile and nod!

exactly

Posted By

bluetank

bluetank

3 more days!!!!

437 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/29/2005 5:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
The Inn at Eastwind

This girl has jealousy written all over her face. How old is she? She needs to relax. What the hell. Do not let her get to you. Enjoy being engaged, you will have a shower (most people do) and if you want to drink beer out of a bottle, by all means go for it. What world do they live in? Give me a break. She should go to etiquette class to stop acting like such a B****. Dont let it worry you. Its your wedding, so whatever you want!!!

Posted By

JZNCK

JZNCK

I am MRS. Z

3788 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION

Thanks Ladies!!!!!

People dont' usually bother me, but she DOES!!
She moved to Georgia like 4 years ago, after coming to visit my FH, she came to meet and marry a nice jewish doctor and that's what she did.. I feel like she is jealous of us, but I don't see why she woudl be, then FH told me she probably is, because maybe she has more material things, like a volvo, lexus and mansion, but her nor her husband have personalities, or FUN.. she is a beotcy and thanks girls!!!!!!!

and Jimmysbride: she isn't in the wedding, she's NOT EVEN MY COUSIN, she's FH's lol..

Posted By

JZNCK

JZNCK

I am MRS. Z

3788 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION

OH FORGOT ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!

we were at dinner, and her sister just got married, and her DH isn't jewish, they are, but I'm not and neither is he.. so the bitchy cousin, told me that she will never be able to accept brian because he isn't jewish, and it just isn't right.. UMMM.. she sat there and told ME that, and I'm not JEWISH EITHER!!!!!!!!! She tries to find anyway she can to belittle me, and I'm going to blow up at her one of these days

Posted By

myasmom

myasmom

My Sheri Amore...

2539 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/29/2004 5:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Coral House, nantuket deck!

as the queen of having to deal with the beotches.

Dont let them get to you. If you do you will question everything thatyou have planned so hard for. I let people get to me and am only now realizing that it is only "us" who can let "them" get to "me".

So with that said, I agree with smile nicely and nod..kill them with kindness and when the time comes that you cant take it anymore..surprise attack like I did. Wait till its a moment where there is no tension and just let it all out.

Posted By

tray831

tray831

Where did my wedding day go?

727 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/10/2005 6:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
East Wind--NH

All I can say is:

"BE HAPPY THEY LIVE IN GEORGIA AND NEVER MOVE BACK"----if only most of us can have the luxury of having their "unfavorite people" live far away

MESSAGE EDITED7/26/2004 7:55:57 PM

POSTED 7/26/04 7:55 PM

Posted By

girlygrl33

"I'm Addicted"

1448 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/22/2005 7:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
because

Hey I like my beer in the bottle too Dont let it bother you I know its hard, she is just trying to ruin things for you. Dont let her see your stress- it will backfire.
This is YOUR DAY and dont let ANYONE take that away from you!!! Hugs to you

Posted By

Happybride2005

Happybride2005

SPRING IS ALMOST HERE

-12810 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/18/2005 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Ariana Waterfall A+++++++++

I have a cousin that I don't care for also. She dresses trampy a lot. My FI wants to tell her for our wedding to have herself covered since it may be in a temple.

Posted By

Russo'sbride

Russo'sbride

A year later!

467 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/10/2005 12:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Russo's On The Bay

She and her mother sound awful. This is what I would do. When ever you see her or the mother do not bring anything up about the wedding, this way they will have nothing to say. She sounds annoying, that would really irritate me too. Just try to stay away from her. I mean if she comes to your wedding, fine, if not than even better. Try not talk to her about the wedding or at all. My FH sister in law was like that, but everytime I see her I do not share any details w/ her b/c than that will give her a reason to share her useless opinions. Don't worry about her.

Posted By

thiadora

thiadora

We're homeowners!

1555 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/3/2004 11:30 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Flowerfield

Posted by JZNCK

She started acting like this, when we were all at FBIL's wedding, I was drinking a beer out of a bottle, and her and her mom ran up to me and said, I can't believe your drinking beer out of a bottle,ladies don't do that, they snatched the bottle out of my hand and ran and got a glass.. I replied "it comes in a perfectly fine glass as it is" it wasn't a formal wedding, it was a hoe down.. ughh.. What is up with them????????? they were like, you need to come stay a week with us so we can teach you ettiquette, they said it jokingly but who are they?? that was the 3rd time I had met them

Sorry you have to deal with her. What a b***.

And it is extremely bad manner and taste to say to someone what she said to you. Manners are supposed to be used to put others at ease, not to make them feel bad about themselves.

Posted By

Russo'sbride

Russo'sbride

A year later!

467 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/10/2005 12:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Russo's On The Bay

and on second thoughts. Who cares what she or her mother thinks. They probaly don't have any etiquette or class. So therefore I wouldn't pay any mind to what they say. I mean if people I didn't care about were rude, I really wouldn't pay them any mind. Just think about what you have to do and don't worry about those people.

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.
Celebrate

Celebrate
$135.00