Studio 27 - wedding video

Long Island Weddings Vendors ▼

Mediterranean Manor Caterers - reception location

Lessing's Waterfront Mansions - reception location

Absolute DJ Entertainment - disck jockey

Bridal Reflections - Bridal Gowns

Harps

Posted By

NEW Anyone know anything about Island Park?

NPbride

NPbride

Board Fanatic

920 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
1/1/2016 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION

How's the area? What other areas is it near? What's the school district like? It looks like it's an area of nassau we may be able to afford! Thanks for the info!

Posted By

NEW Re: Anyone know anything about Island Park?

AliKing

AliKing

Momma King!

2413 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/18/2003 7:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Woodbury CC

I just recently moved out of Island Park.. One draw back is it doesnt have a high school, the kids go to high school in West Hempstead.
It is right next to Long Beach and Oceanside, which are both really nice.. but very expensive.

ETA - I lived there for 3 years. Let me know if you have any questions or if you want to send me some listings, I will let you know if they are in a nice area.

MESSAGE EDITED10/20/2004 3:30:34 PM

POSTED 10/20/04 3:26 PM

Posted By

lgreiner

Board Enthusiast

100 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/18/2013 2:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Giorgios

island park is not a very good area for schools.

Posted By

Jax1127

Board Fanatic

424 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/1/2013 8:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION

I would say the Barnum Island section of Island Park is nicer than actual Island Park. The school thing is it's major downfall, other than that, it's decent- just ok...but West Hempstead is kind of far to be bussed to or driven to everyday when you're commuting from Island Park...something to think about when you are raising children...but my aunt lives in the Barnum Island section and she loves it. (I do believe at one time IP kids went to Long Beach high school, although that does not appear to be the case now).

Posted By

chrissie0121

chrissie0121

I'M MARRIED!!!!!!!!

1037 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/23/2012 2:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Jericho Terrace

Posted by Jax1127

I would say the Barnum Island section of Island Park is nicer than actual Island Park. The school thing is it's major downfall, other than that, it's decent- just ok...but West Hempstead is kind of far to be bussed to or driven to everyday when you're commuting from Island Park...something to think about when you are raising children...but my aunt lives in the Barnum Island section and she loves it. (I do believe at one time IP kids went to Long Beach high school, although that does not appear to be the case now).

I think IP has a choice of having their kids going to WH or LB HS...but i dont know if that is still possible.

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.