How Did You Know

LADYL

LADYL

Board Fanatic

709 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/30/2001 12:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION

How did you know you were ready to have another child? I have a 5 year old now and DH wants to have another child. I don't want to and don't know if I ever will. I love my daughter so much and I'm happy with just her. Am I being selfish? Any only childs out there? Did you feel like you were missing out?

▼ 7696 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 5/22/2004 12:00 PM
Posted By

Re: How Did You Know

kptoys

kptoys

I love Emma & Jeremy!

7696 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/22/2004 12:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION

Posted by LADYL

How did you know you were ready to have another child? I have a 5 year old now and DH wants to have another child. I don't want to and don't know if I ever will. I love my daughter so much and I'm happy with just her. Am I being selfish? Any only childs out there? Did you feel like you were missing out?

I always knew I didnt want to have just one child. When I was pregnant and as soon as Jeremy was born I felt SOOOOO guilty that I am depriving Emma of my attention and love. Boy was I wrong. I love both my children equally with all that I am. I dont think your being selfish. Its a tough call and a personal decision.

▼ 4447 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 4/17/2004 3:00 PM
Posted By

brideinapril

brideinapril

My First Love.....

4447 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/17/2004 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Rockhill in Manorville

Thats hard to answer! I have a 7 year old, I couldn't imagine going back and starting all over again, he is at such a great age! My son is from a previous relationship though. My Dh really wanted to have children, it took me 2 years to decide - because at 5 he is in school, I didn't have to pay the phenominal fees of day care, and to be perfectly honest I didn't think I could love someone as much as I love my little guy!
After much though, like I said 2 years, I decided I really wanted another one, my son wants a brother/sister, and I am ready to start all over again, only now, I have a husband who will be there to help me! Now, I am expecting twins and could not be happier!

eta: and to answer you - I absolutely do not think its selfish to only have one child!

MESSAGE EDITED5/5/2005 11:50:32 AM

POSTED 5/5/05 11:49 AM

▼ 186 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 5/31/2004 10:00 AM
Posted By

casey31

Board Enthusiast

186 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/31/2004 10:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
George Washington Manor

I am an only child and I must admit I have always wished for a sibling. Yes, its something that I feel was missing somewhat but I had wonderful parents and that is what was most important! Your daughter has a wonderful mom and dad and while, at times, growing up she may wish for a sibling, she has what is truly important- great parents!

▼ 449 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 9/25/2004 3:00 PM
Posted By

ktdtlc

Board Fanatic

449 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/25/2004 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Watermill

I don't know if this will help you but, I don't have any children yet but I have two sisters and my Dh is an only child. Since he doesn't have any siblings he doesn't understand the bond me and my sisters have. I think he missed out on a lot being the only child. I know its different for everybody and since I don't any any children right now I can't really relate to you situation. But I have told my DH when the time comes and we do have children I want at least two so they get to experience that bond. JMHO, hope this helps.

▼ 709 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 9/30/2001 12:00 PM
Posted By

LADYL

LADYL

Board Fanatic

709 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION

Posted by casey31

I am an only child and I must admit I have always wished for a sibling. Yes, its something that I feel was missing somewhat but I had wonderful parents and that is what was most important! Your daughter has a wonderful mom and dad and while, at times, growing up she may wish for a sibling, she has what is truly important- great parents!

Thanks Casey! That's what I tell my DH

▼ 6645 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 2/20/2005 12:00 AM
Posted By

AJsMommy122

AJsMommy122

Happily Ever After!

6645 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
2/20/2005 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
SandCastle

I am in the opposite position. My son is 2 and I would love to have another one but DH says NO! ( for right now) although he cant give me a time frame in which he would like to have the next one.
I think its a personal choice and I don't think it is selfish for you to not want to have any more children.

▼ 709 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 9/30/2001 12:00 PM
Posted By

LADYL

LADYL

Board Fanatic

709 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION

Mrs. Z are you bothered by it? Does it upset you? My DH gets pretty upset at times.

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.
CONTACT | SITEMAP | ADVERTISING |
PRIVACY |© COPYRIGHT
|      BRIDALPLANNERGROUP.COM