NEW Kathi, How are the plans??

diva11236

Board Enthusiast

85 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
Aug 25 2001

WEDDING LOCATION
Long island

Hi Kathi, Just wanted to know how my fellow CH bride was doing? Today is exactly my two month mark. I am so excited and stressed at the same time. I have to meet with the coordinator at CH this weekend to discuss the menu, table linens, and the ceremony. Can you recommend any dish that you tried at the tasting. Where are you with the planning? Diva11236

Posted By

NEW We eloped!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathi

I love my sweet baby boys!!

2499 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/7/2001 12:00 PM

Nahhhhh, just kiddin`! Hee Hee!! Things are going well, thanks! I can`t believe how fast it`s approaching... We still haven`t booked our florist yet - we think we`re going to go w/ Colonial in Bellmore (thanks, Cley!). We just have to go back in 2 weeks to see a sample centerpiece. Now, as for CH...What color linens are you using? Did you decide? And what about that cake? I have nightmares of what it`s going to look and taste like! I`m seriously thinking of supplying my own cake! :) Anyway, as for the menu...we`re going w/ Chateaubriand, Breast of Chicken w/ Pommery Mustard Cream Sauce (YUM!) and Broiled Norwegian Salmon w/ Creamy Dill Sauce! We had the beef and chicken at our tasting and they were very (very!) good! Let me know how your meeting goes this weekend!! Good luck!

Posted By

NEW Crest Hollow Cake

NicoleD

Board Enthusiast

96 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
Aug 4 2002

WEDDING LOCATION
Crest Hollow CC

I am confused... Did you hear that the cakes at CH are bad tasting & ugly? Why are you worried about the cake? Please let me know. I am getting married there in Aug 2002.

Posted By

NEW Chateaubriand, Breast of Chicken w/ Pommery Mustard Cream Sa

Jenny B

Board Enthusiast

106 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
Nov 4 2001

WEDDING LOCATION
Eastwind

EXCELLENT CHOICE....I have had it there b4 and your guest are going to LOVE IT!

Posted By

NEW Kathi & Nicole D

diva11236

Board Enthusiast

85 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
Aug 25 2001

WEDDING LOCATION
Long island

Kathi, You scared me half to death. I was also considering eloping. I am having such a hard time with the guest list. Everyone wants to bring a guest even two. They all have a request! I will let you know how everything goes. As for linens, I have no idea. My wedding colors are plum. I am not sure if I should do white linens and plum candles or plum linens(if they have that as a selection) with white roses and white candles? The cake...... Have you heard bad things about it? I wonder if I can get a taste. Let me know if you have heard anything, I may want to get my own cake. NicoleD, We were not talking about Crest Hollow, we were talking about the Coral House. Sorry if we confused you. Have you found your dress yet? I know you wanted to see my three piece dress, but how do you post it? I finally have a pic. It is a Maggie Sottero. Diva11236

Posted By

NEW Didn`t mean to scare ya, Diva! Sorry, Nicole!

Kathi

2499 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

I haven`t heard anything bad about the cakes at Coral House!!!! For some reason, the cake is important to me - I`m too detail oriented!! Anyway, my banquet manager said I could meet w/ the baker before to discuss the cake. I want a 4-tier stacked w/ smooth icing. We`re having it decorated by the florist with fresh flowers - including a small bouquet :) for the cake topper (I`m not into the traditional bride and groom topper). As for linens, we`re going w/ white or wheat (I have to see them in person) - I don`t think they have a plum. The rooms are so *colorful* already that I`m afraid my centerpieces (mixed fall flowers) and favor scrolls will get lost in the tablecloth! LOL Keep me posted on your meeting, especially ceremony details!! It`s early, isn`t it!? I`m not picking my menu until 3 weeks before my wedding... How are your other plans going? How many did you invite and how many do you expect?? Am I crazy to *hope* I'll only get 120 from 174 invites????

Posted By

NEW Thanks, Jenny!!!

Kathi

2499 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

How are your plans?! Congrats on booking your florist, I want to get that done by mid-July. We have our engagement shoot at the end of July w/ Ed. I`ll definitely let you know how it goes! We're really excited about it. Next on our list...tuxedos! :)

Posted By

NEW Thanks, Jenny!!!

Jenny B

Board Enthusiast

106 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
Nov 4 2001

WEDDING LOCATION
Eastwind

So far so good. Invitations are in! I am giving them to the calligrapher this week. Really not a whole lot to do know...just work n save n work n save. We need to do tuxes too but my Fi doesnt want me in on that....he wants his tux to be a suprise like the dress, which scares me a little. Rehersal dinner is planned hotels and limos all booked We are moving in aug so thats going to be a big to do. Still need attendant gifts, MOH and MOG dresses but I am loving it definately let me know how things go with ed jen

Posted By

NEW Coral House Cake

Karen H

Karen H

"I'm Addicted"

1893 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/28/2001 11:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Bayside, NY

Michelle B, who used to post here, got married there last December and I seem to recall that she was happy with her cake. I don't recall the flavors, but if you search old posts you might find something. Also, Diva - When you mentioned your colors I immediately pictured Ivory linens, especially if they have a lace overlay, with touches of Gold and White. I would have gone with Plum for a Fall wedding, but we got married last April, so we went with Peaches and Pinks with Ivory.

Posted By

NEW Diva

MichelleW

MichelleW

"I'm Addicted"

2877 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
2/16/2001 5:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Manor East

I had plum dresses for my Feb Wedding, since I thought the room was a bit on the dark side I used a golden color linen and napkins with the lace overlay with ivory roses, to lighten it up a bit

Posted By

NEW Kathi

diva11236

Board Enthusiast

85 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
Aug 25 2001

WEDDING LOCATION
Long island

I was told that we should go six to eight weeks before the wedding. I have alot of questions. So I want to go early. I know nothing about the ceremony and how that works. I may have to reschedule, my fiancee just called to say he has plans this weekend. So maybe the week after next. I think I will go with the white linens, I kind of figured they wouldn't have plum. I have sent out 160 invites, I was hoping only 115 would say yes. Wishful thinking. We just moved and that was a set back. With only 8 weeks to go, doesn't give us alot of time to save. Mostly everything is due in full next month. I will let you know when I do go, how everything went! Keep in touch! diva11236

Posted By

NEW Ivory, Now that's an idea! Thanks MichelleW & Karen H! *NM*

diva11236

Board Enthusiast

85 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
Aug 25 2001

WEDDING LOCATION
Long island

Posted By

NEW Does anyone have pic of their Plum dresses

LaurenS

Board Fanatic

442 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
Nov 2 2002

hi I was reading these threads and noticed that some you ladies are using plum. It sounds so beautiful. Do you know of anywhere I can see what the color looks like? thanks. LaurenS

Posted By

NEW LaurenS

MichelleW

MichelleW

"I'm Addicted"

2877 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
2/16/2001 5:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Manor East

If you want to e:mail me at nygymbratt@aol.com, I can try and send one when I get home

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.
Skinny Me Tea

Skinny Me Tea
$17.95