jinabina

jinabina

Board Enthusiast

61 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/20/2008 2:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Russo's On The Bay

Does anyone have any experience dealing with Paradise Bridal in Patchogue? Just thought it was weird that they cut all the labels out of the dresses. Makes me leary

Posted By

NEW Re: Paradise Bridal

luvmyhoney

luvmyhoney

Board Enthusiast

160 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/16/2007 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Venetian Yacht Club

that's interesting, I neve noticed that! I got my dress there and haven't had any problems. Everyone I dealt with was really helpful.

Posted By

lilone9

lilone9

Board Fanatic

625 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
11/4/2007 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Vineyard

I ordered my BM's dresses there. They were very helpful. So far so good.

Posted By

DrWho

DrWho

"I'm Addicted"

1308 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/12/2007 6:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Miller Place Inn

I did notice that when I was there. Oddly enough, most of what they do is the standard big-name designers, like Maggie Sottero or Jim Hjelm or whatever, so you've already seen the dress and know who it is.

What's even odder is that I couldn't get any help in there until I specifically said I wanted a price quote on a Maggie Sottero, so they aren't particularly accommodating until you show you know what you're talking about, then they cut the tags out like you're some f***ing moron.

Plus, they threw my fiance out when he came in from the parking lot instead of the street. The door had their hours on it and said "Welcome".

On the other hand, they've been around for ages, so they must do good work. I've heard people rave about them. I guess I just don't get their business model.

Posted By

gaccrrm

gaccrrm

I'm a MRS!!!!!

1896 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/27/2007 3:00 PM

I ordered my dress from there. My experience with them so far has been a good one. I went in with pictures and they pulled all of the dresses I requested for me to try on.

Posted By

jtgarsik

jtgarsik

CrAzY 'BoUt tHe HubSter! :)

9833 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
12/1/2006 5:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Jericho Terrace

bridal suite does this too....everything is by "code number" so u can't run off to another bridal shop & order the dress you found there. I guess they dont realize how easy it is to google???? lol. anyways, that's usually why they do this. i know that paradise has a REALLY good reputation! good luck!

Posted By

jtgarsik

jtgarsik

CrAzY 'BoUt tHe HubSter! :)

9833 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
12/1/2006 5:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Jericho Terrace

ps: have u tried Fantasia Bridal in Rocky Point????? They're absolutely amazing - i LOVED my experience (went on reccomendations & my own past bridesmaid experiences and i was not dissapointed!) .....you'll only find raves about their selection, staff, seamstresses & flexibility with prices!!! anyways, good luck!

Posted By

HotAir

HotAir

I'm a Mrs....so strange!

5101 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/17/2009 7:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
East Wind Estate

My cousin bought her dress there and I bought my bridesmaid dress for her wedding. They were very good and very helpful. As a bridesmaid they allowed us to try on a million different things and we never felt rushed. Alterations were good too.

Posted By

GoingNutty

GoingNutty

A year already!!

-6612 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
11/18/2005 5:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Chateau La Mer - AMAZING!

Bought my dress there. No problems at all with the salespeople. Cutting the tags out of the dress was annoying. Wasn't a huge fan of the lady who did alternations but she did a great job!

Posted By

jsta76

jsta76

Wedding + house what next?

3583 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
3/16/2008 11:30 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Thatched Cottage A

That would make me a bit leery as well.

A friend of mine recommended them to me when I was looking. She got her BM dress there and I think the bride and everyone else did as well, she had a really good experience.

I've never gone to the store but I called them to get a quote on a dress and they were really nice and accomadating. They weren't the lowest price by far so I got the dress elsewhere.

Good luck!

Posted By

twinkle164

twinkle164

It was ALL worth it!

1463 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/19/2007 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Flowerfield

I thought that was strange too. I was not too comfortable with them. However my cousin got her wedding dress there a couple of years ago and she had nothing but nice things to say about them. I however am using Fantasia bridal in Rocky Point. I felt they were the most accommodating and they don't cut there tags out.

MESSAGE EDITED6/12/2007 8:55:19 AM

POSTED 6/12/07 8:54 AM

Posted By

futuremrsfab

Beyond Obsession

9072 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/12/2008 12:00 AM

When I first got engaged- I was reading this book on wedding planning and it said to be leary of shops that cut out the tags- they said that they do it for two reasons-
1- It might be a designer copy- but they will still charge you the designer price
2-Cutting out the tag makes it a million times more difficult to comparison shop and get the best price possible

Add to the fact that it is illegal.... and you can report them to the Attorney General and FTC (Federal Trade Commission)--

Based on all that- I would say don't shop there!

Posted By

LaurenluvsTJ

LaurenluvsTJ

Married life is sweet!

11858 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/28/2006 12:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Westbury Manor

I got my dress from there. I had no problems. I didn't even realize they cut the tags out .. when I asked the saleslady what designer the dress was, she told me. When the dress came in it had all the tags and everything, it was real.

Posted By

dplehat

dplehat

Nathaniel is here

1526 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/28/2007 12:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
East Wind

This place is hit or miss. My sil used them and we had a great experience so we went back for my wedding. They were AWEFUL. They sized me and my sisters wrong. For the alterations mine came out good but the bm dresses came out terrible. They talked down to me and lied to my face to cover their mistakes. I will never recomend anyone to them ever again. We ended up having to take my sisters dress to a private seamstress just to fix what Paradise Bridal had done. Ok vent over. Save yourself some trouble and go somewhere else. I wish I had.

Posted By

RudysMom

RudysMom

Board Fanatic

479 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/28/2007 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Hamlet Willow Creek

I have had a lot of trouble with them as far as miscommunication - they insisted that I told them to order a different color for one of the jr. bm dresses (had to be custom made - did not fit in standard sizes) then the rest of the bm dresses.

When the fabric came in and I went to see it and told them that is was wrong, they told me it can't be wrong b/c they don't make mistakes!

I was like, ok, no big deal, just return the fabric and get the right stuff. They told me that they can't do that. They tried to convince me to have both the jrs dresses custom made with the wrong fabric b/c they didn't want to deal with getting the right stuff.

I insisted that I never told anyone to order a different color and that I wanted it rectified.

They finally agreed but continued to call me over to talk about it and tell me that I had told them to change the color and it wasn't their mistake as I browsed for MOG dresses with my FMIL.

They also told me that they had ordered enough fabric to make 3 dresses - I'm like why are we paying for fabric for 3 dresses when we only need one?

Then they never called me to tell me the other dresses were in - I only found out b/c one of my bms got pregnant after she ordered the dress and was nervous about fitting and called up herself.

Posted By

krischris529

krischris529

Board Enthusiast

146 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/19/2007 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Booked!

My friend used them for her wedding (I was a BM). There were problems along the way. They forgot to order one of the BM dresses, they never called her when her tiara came in, and there were some problems with alterations. By the wedding though at least everyone's dress was ready to go!

Posted By

dancerandchef

dancerandchef

Our One Year Anniversary!!!

3383 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/29/2007 5:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
West Sayville Country Club

We are using them for BM's, JrBM's, FG's, Men, RB's, and Moms and I got my dress from them.
I have realize that you need to make sure everything is correct and stay on their backs. Some of salespepole are good and others do not know what they doing from one second to another.

~dancerandchef~
charlotte and michael

Posted By

faithandkevin

I'm a Newlywed!

2033 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/21/2007 5:30 PM

I have had a good experience there so far. My MOH, best friend, SIL, and several other friends got there dresses there and no horror stories. My favorite salesperson there is Stephanie, but she's only there every other Sat now.

Posted By

leshellem

leshellem

I'm a Mrs.

1536 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/3/2007 2:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
The Swan Club

I got my dress from there and so did my mom and mil. Very nice in those departments but with the bridesmaids they were awful. As far as them cutting out the tags, I never really noticed and when I asked who the dress was buy, they simply told me.

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.
Bridal Pics

Bridal Pics
$33.00