Long Island Weddings Vendors ▼

Lessing's Waterfront Weddings - reception location

Larkfield - reception location

Mediterranean Manor Caterers - reception location

Prestige Events Visions In Lighting - light

Coindre Hall - reception location

Fitness - Diet - Weight Loss

Posted By

NEW Our Amazing September 15th wedding: Miller Place Inn,Parties Alive, Marco, With All My Heart and a Link to our professional album

Michy

Michy

LOVE BEING A WIFE!!!

1859 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/15/2007 10:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Miller Place Inn

I finally have done my review. I really was procrastinating doing my review because I knew how long it was going to take and lets just say the last couple of months have been so hectic so I will try and keep it short. Well some of you might know that my husband had a gotten a back injury about three months before the wedding and was really not in great shape but managed to get epidural injections in his back two days before the wedding which actually helped a lot. The last two days of our honeymoon the shots wore off and he really had a hard time. When we got back from Hawaii he was not doing well at all. Luckily I work for a Dr and he set Danny up with an appointment with a neurosurgeon. A month after we got back from our honeymoon my husband had back surgery. That was probably the scariest thing we ever went through but the surgery went well and he is a new person. He actually just went back to work and is doing really well so with all that now you all know why this is so late.

First of all September 15th was the a day that I will cherish forever. The week leading up to the wedding I was so emotional. I had a lot of family in staying with us from Ireland and it was a little hectic. You kind of have this feeling that you missed something or forgot to do something so I found myself waking up at night saying “Did I do this?”. Finally I just said whatever happens happens. All week my poor Dad was stressing out about the weather. But to be honest I knew that I could not worry about it so I didn't and yes it did rain but I did not even care. I woke up and saw that it was raining and it did not bother me. It was an early morning and I don't know how but I was so relaxed. Everyone around me was going crazy but I was smiling from ear to ear. I think it boiled down to that I knew that this day was going to be perfect because I was marrying my best friend and my soul mate. So now I will tell you all about the wonderful vendors. To be honest I really don't have anything bad to say. I am so pleased with all the vendors we chose. I will add in non professional pics because i still have not uploaded all my professional pics. There is over 1000so that will take me awhile.

Here is a link to our photo album from Marco: When you get to the link just go to extract all files. Hope it works!
L=https://webmail.optimum.net/attach/091507_MICHELLE_L.zip?sid=&mbox=INBOX&charset=escaped_unicode&uid=4986&number=4&filename=091507_MICHELLE_L.zip]wedding album[/L]

LIW-A+++++++
This wedding website was by far the best tool in planning my wedding. Many people have complimented us on all the fine details of the wedding and it is because of this website. I learned so much from the vendors to the DIY( even though I really did not do any myself but I got the ideas). This website like you all know is like an obsession. I was always on it. My husband would joke that I was addicted to it because I would leave him watching TV for hours by himself while I was on the computer but believe it or not after the wedding he actually said that was a “really good website” Thank you Ron and Liz for helping so many brides like myself make their dream wedding a reality.

Registry-A+
We registered at both Macy's and Bed Bath and Beyond. Both places were great. We did not receive any duplicates and we liked the fact that we could add things on to the registry on line. It was easy because when you are in the store sometimes you forget to add something.

Bridal Shower-Three Village Inn A+
My sisters and Mom gave me a beautiful shower at The Three Village Inn in Stony Brook. The food was great and the atmosphere was so nice. It is very overwhelming at the shower because there are so many gifts and you don't have time to really look at everything so it is nice when you get home and can really look at everything.

Rehearsal Dinner- Lagrova A+
We chose an Italian restaurant very close to our church for our Rehearsal sinner. It is called La Grova and it is in Lake Grove. We have been going to this restaurant for years and we knew it was perfect. The food is great and it was perfect for the amount of people. We had the private room and did not feel rushed at all.

Church- Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
I am not going to grade the church because this church is where I have made all my sacraments and I could never put a grade on my church. Both my husband and I are involved in our church so we were very fortunate to have both priests marry us and there is nothing better to me than being married by the same priest who christened me.

Hair- Cosmo NY Roseanna Amador A+
Roseanna was great. She came on time and did my hair exactly the way I wanted it. My BM's all wanted their hair down and due to the weather it did not stay as well but it still came out amazing. She was very professional and I was very pleased I used her.

Makeup- Makeup by Meadow A+
Meadow was so wonderful. I had a trial done with her and she did airbrushing and I loved it. I was concerned it was going to feel very thick but it was the complete opposite. I never once reapplied makeup at all the entire night. It was unbelievable. I found her through a Long Island wedding magazine and I am so happy I used her. I highly recommend anyone using airbrushing because it stays on so well.

Ceremony Music- Stan Wiest A+
We knew we wanted a harp for our ceremony to go along with our other musicians who are friends of my husband. The harp was so amazing and at first I was hesitant because I thought it was not going to be loud enough but it was great. This company was great to work with. He sent us a CD and we picked what music we wanted and sent him back the CD. It was quick and not stressful at all.

Bridesmaids Gown- Bridal Suite of Centereach A
I got my dress at Bridal Suite so I figured it was just easier to stay there. I knew I wanted the girls to be in Claret red and I wanted two pieces because I thought they were more comfortable. The dresses came in on time and were beautiful. The only reason I am not giving them an A+ is because a couple of the girls had problems with their alterations. Other than that they were great.

Mother of Bride Gown- Shoreham Bridal and Tuxedo- A+
I saw an ad in one of the local papers about this place. My Mom had gone to a couple of places prior to going here and she could not find anything. When we got to this store it was very small and I did not think I was going to find much but they had such a beautiful selection of gowns and sure enough my Mom found it. They were so nice in there and were so helpful. Her alterations were perfect. It is a little pricey but totally worth it.

Bridal Gown- Bridal Suite of Centereach A++
When we first got engaged I was so excited to go looking for my gown. I knew that I did not want a strapless because my prom dress was strapless and I remember all night picking it up so I knew I wanted something with straps. I went about a year before I got married and I told the girl what I wanted. Her name was Amy and she actually is not there anymore but she was the best. She started flying through the racks and before I knew it she had ten dresses. The dress I chose was the second dress I tried on. As soon as I put it on I knew it was the one. Everything about it I loved. It was Demetrios and a little pricey but I did not need rarely any alterations so there was no add on charges. The veil I chose actually was made by the same designer to go with the dress and it was ivory too. II wore a gold and ivory comb in my hair since I am a red head and it all blended really well together.

Tuxedos- Rogers Tuxedo A+
Guys definitely have it so easy. We went there picked out the tuxes and measured the guys. It was so simple. The tuxes were well put together and there was no problems. The only thing that was wrong and it was our fault was that the ties did not match at all but I never gave the guy a swatch so I couldn't blame them. The colors were so off that the day before the wedding I had to have all the guys go pick up black ties which I did not want but I had no other choice. I was a little upset but what I did was ran up to Macy's and wouldn't you know they had the identical match to the dresses so for twenty dollars each I bought five of them and delivered them to all the guys. It was a little stressful but it worked out.

Limos- Sir OliverA++++++++
All I can say is PHENOMENAL!!! I am so happy that we chose them. From the beginning they were extremely professional and were so nice to work with. Rich showed us all the limos and we booked with him the day we met him. Danny and I had the 1940 Cadillac which was beautiful. I felt like royalty. We had the 14 passenger Escalade which I was told was so comfortable. We had also ordered a 14 passenger limo for my out of town family and a couple of weeks before the wedding they upgraded that to an Excursion. Each driver was amazing and made me feel so calm. Anyone who uses Sir Oliver will not be disappointed!

Favors- Really Good Foods- A++++
We knew we wanted to give a favor that people were going to use. One of our favorite things to do in the fall is go out east and go pumpkin picking and stop at the local farms and buy jams. So we had the idea of giving little individual jars of jam. I got the name through one of the local wineries. The man who owns the company is Ken. He was great. I ordered a 100 jars, strawberry, raspberry, peach and blueberry. He put personalized labels on each jar and we were able to pick them up a week before the wedding. Everyone loved these favors. I am still getting phone calls about the jams and a lot of people have been calling me for his number. This was a great idea for anyone who wants to do an edible favor.

Flowers- With All My Heart A++++
Linea is so great. We originally booked her when she was in Port Jefferson. She now has her store at the East Wind. When we first met her I told her the color scheme and flowers I liked and she whipped up all the colors into a bouquet. She was wonderful to work with and I highly recommend her. I was even able to go to her shop the day before and she was working on the flowers so I was able to see some of the Bouquets and they were gorgeous. She also provided the Church flowers and the flowers for the cake which were all gorgeous. Again another amazing vendor.

Invitations- The Writing Place A
To be honest I was not really into the whole invitation thing. I wanted the basic 5x7 invitation in ivory with a burgundy lettering. The invitations were easy to order and came in very quickly. They were very nice in the store. I ordered the invitations through Stylart. They were reasonably priced. My calligraphy was done by a family friend who does calligraphy. It was beautiful.

Menu- FineStaionery.com A
I ordered the menus for the tables from this website along with the place cards. They were ivory with the same burgundy lettering. I wasn't going to do menus at first but I am so happy I decided to. It added a special touch to the table and even though they were thrown out it was worth it for the presentation aspect.

DJ- Parties Alive A+++++++++
Richie was awesome. We met him at one of the Bridal showcases and set up an appointment with him. He listened to everything that we wanted in music and he did it. We had the plasma TV's that were definitely worth it and the Conga player which was out of this world. My husband has a lot of musician friends so they had a ball getting up there and playing the Congas. The live percussionist definitely adds to the fun. Richie even made a DVD of some of the clips and added some of our music that was played. He was great and had the whole dance floor packed the entire day. People that I did even know could dance were up on the dance floor. We were very happy we chose them.

Photo/Video- Marco Photography- A++++++++++
We had Marco himself do our wedding and all I can say was he was Superb. He sat with us and spent probably two hours with us just talking and getting to know us. The package we got was pricey but we got so much. Marco was great the morning of. I gave him a list of the pics I wanted and I got them. He moves really fast but some of the shots he took made me cry when I saw them. He was so easy to work with and made everyone laugh. He was not pushy at all and he took about 1000 pics. He stayed the entire reception and there is not one bad thing I can say. When we got back from our honeymoon, we had a message that our proofs were ready. When we went to pick them up he already had two albums made up, one for his store and one for our RH. The video we got back in early December because we gave some honeymoon pics for the end of the video. The videographer was great. I did not even realize he was there half the time. The video itself is great and done very professionally.

Reception Hall- Miller Place Inn A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
There is not enough things I can say about the Miller Place Inn. Christopher is such a delight to work with. This was the first catering hall that we went to look at and it was the only one. Everything about this place was exactly what I wanted. It was very Victorian and elegant. The food is not normal. There was not one bad dish that we had and we were able to choose so much. We got the most compliments on the Full Viennese Hour. There was so many desserts that your teeth hurt just looking at them. When we got there we were a little early and all the guests were all served drinks and appetizers. We had two bridal attendants who did everything. I was actually not used to having someone get everything for me. They were so wonderful and the Bridal attendant made sure everything went well. The room was setup exactly the way we wanted and Christopher even decorated my cake with the fresh flowers. The Bridal Suite was great to have especially for my niece and nephew who were able to take a little nap. They are so professional that one of our guests bumped into one of the waiters and dropped her camera. Christopher took her mane and actually replaced her camera for her. The Miller Place Inn made my dream wedding a reality. My husband and I drive past there every once in a while and wish we can get married all over again.

wedding album

Michy
Michy
Michy
Michy

MESSAGE EDITED1/14/2008 5:52:12 PM

POSTED 1/13/08 11:46 AM

Posted By

NEW Re: Our Amazing September 15th wedding: Miller Place Inn,Parties Alive, Marco, With All My Heart and a Link to our professional album

HelenZ

HelenZ

one year already??

6887 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/15/2007 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Douglaston Manor A++++

great review!!! the link for pics didn't work for me though! congrats again!

Posted By

NEW Re: Our Amazing September 15th wedding: Miller Place Inn,Parties Alive, Marco, With All My Heart and a Link to our professional album

ligirlz

ligirlz

2 years and counting!!

2181 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/15/2007 1:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Booked!

Congrats date twin!! Glad you had a great day. I couldn't get the link to work for your pics so i couldn't see those. But everything else sounded superb.

Posted By

siffleuse319

siffleuse319

Board Fanatic

607 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/21/2008 4:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
MPI

Great Review....It sounds like your day was magnificent. We have a lot of vendors in common, so I'm really excited to have read about your day. Thanks for sharing.

Posted By

JennNicole

ahh the memories...

4695 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/13/2007 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Jedediah Hawkins Inn&Morgan's Penthouse NYC 11/30

great review - the link did not work

Posted By

GinaZ

Wedding Mania!!

10859 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
3/28/2008 7:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION

Great review!! You looked great!! Congrats!

Posted By

AndRecKy

AndRecKy

loving life....

3646 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/16/2008 6:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Hamlet Willow Creek

thank you for sharing your review....i am using roseanna as well-i cant wait!

Posted By

oOElisaOo

oOElisaOo

Board Enthusiast

160 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/26/2008 5:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Miller Place Inn

Thank you for the review! It was our first hall we looked at too and felt the same way. Christopher has been so pleasant to work with.

Posted By

Michy

Michy

LOVE BEING A WIFE!!!

1859 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Miller Place Inn

I don't know why the link is not working but I'll try to fix it

Posted By

ama1771

ama1771

Married!

6197 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/26/2008 6:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION

thanks for sharing your experiences. congrats to you and your hubby!

Posted By

msflesch

MARRIED!!!!!!!

2312 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/16/2008 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Hamlet Wind Watch A++++

Nice review, congrats!!

Posted By

Brendanzgirl

Brendanzgirl

104 Yes 23 No

1322 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/29/2009 12:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
The Mansion @ Timber Point!!!!!!!

Wow! It sounds like you had a dream wedding--I hope mine goes as well ...
I'm looking into the Miller Place Inn actually... On the night my fioncee proposed we missed a turn on the way home and needed to turn around. we pulled in the next driveway and it turned out to be the Miller Place Inn!!! We were stunned and he said cool it looks like we found our place! It looks beautiful from the outside and I like the duck pond across the street (maybe to take some pics?)

Blessings~~

Posted By

NEW UPDATED: Our Amazing September 15th wedding: Miller Place Inn,Parties Alive, Marco, With All My Heart and a Link to our professional album

Michy

Michy

LOVE BEING A WIFE!!!

1859 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Miller Place Inn

I cant get the pics link to work but my pics are in my album under Our professional album. Hope that helps!

Ooh I think I got it!!

Michy
Michy
Michy
Michy

MESSAGE EDITED1/18/2008 9:23:47 PM

POSTED 1/18/08 8:59 PM

Posted By

Michy

Michy

LOVE BEING A WIFE!!!

1859 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Miller Place Inn

Michy
Michy
Michy
Michy

Posted By

Michy

Michy

LOVE BEING A WIFE!!!

1859 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Miller Place Inn

Michy
Michy
Michy

Posted By

Michy

Michy

LOVE BEING A WIFE!!!

1859 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Miller Place Inn

Michy
Michy

Posted By

spanishitalian

spanishitalian

IM A MRS.

1781 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/16/2008 7:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
MAJESTIC GARDENS

great review
congrats

Posted By

stinenandy2010

stinenandy2010

I'm a married lady!!!

13988 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
1/2/2010 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Booked!

Hey Michelle! Its Christine, remember me? My sister Lisa danced for Debbie. Anyways, you looked beautiful! I found this because I was searching for reviews on Miller Place Inn. Email me at cfriedrich23@yahoo.com!!

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.
Bra Sachet

Bra Sachet
$11.00