Bridelikewhoa07

Bridelikewhoa07

Board Fanatic

739 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
11/3/2007 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Watermill

we got married back in november...went on a short mini-honeymoon to disney but our "real" honeymoon will be this july (i am a teacher)...

when we booked our sandals vaca last july (they were having a sale) it was more than a year in advance & therefore I couldnt book the airfare....

but now its time to get going on the airfare portion of our trip so we will be all set for july...

my problem is that #1- i dont even know what airport to fly into and #2- i have no clue what reasonable airfare to st lucia will cost!!

can anyone who has gone/is going to st lucia please post or FM me with any airfare info! like where to fly into, prices, etc.

we are staying at the sandals regency

TIA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By

NEW Re: St Lucia Airfare Question...

MattandTricia07

MattandTricia07

Married a year!!

6759 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
12/29/2007 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
THE ESTATE AT EAST WIND - A+++++++

Flying into either one of the airports is fine

We flew into St.Lucia at the further away airport - they had to change our flight that day because of delays. The airport was very different from the ones in the states, but we got through customs very quickly and the people at Sandals were right there to bus us over to our resort.

The bus ride was about an hour and it was nice to see the entire country. You definitely see the very poor areas of the island, but then you get into Castries and see their city life.

On the way back we flew out of the smaller and closer airport. It was fine, but again, very small and different.

We paid close to 2K for our tickets - we left on New Year's Eve (Monday) and came back on a Sunday.

If you need anymore help- let me know

Posted By

KandD07

Board Enthusiast

196 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
11/10/2007 1:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
North Rtiz Club

If you can, try to fly into the airport closer to the resort. On our way in we did that and it was like 15 mins away. On the way back we went to the further one 1 hr and 45 min away ( from the grande) Lets just say I would never do that again, I have never got car sickness in my life but that trip made up for it! We were warned by other Sandals guests that we should take a helicopter back to the airport instead of driving through the mountains, I wish I would have listened!!!

Posted By

cds58019

cds58019

Lovin' the married life!!

2579 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/30/2008 6:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
East Wind Country Gardens

We just booked our airfare for St. Lucia in June. Im not sure which airport we're going into but I know we paid $1500 for both of our roundtrip tickets. Good luck!

Posted By

Fall07Bride

Fall07Bride

Board Fanatic

269 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/5/2007 5:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Jericho Terrace A+++

our tickets were $1200 round trip for both of us. we had no choice which airport to fly into/out of. we flew into the closer one and home out of the further away one. there was only one flight a day from jfk to st. lucia so we had no choice. if you can fly into the smaller/closer one do that, other wise you have an hour + drive.

just a note, we stayed at the grande and noticed people would bus in from the regency to use our beach. the beach at the regency is on the other side of the island and is actually the atlantic, not caribbean. so it was darker rougher water. we went to the regency for dinner one night and didnt like it as much. if you can, i would recommend switching. if you want i have pics of both resorts. either way you'll love the island and have a great time!

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.