babsbeark

babsbeark

"I'm Addicted"

1423 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/20/2010 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Sand Castle

How did everyone get engaged? Did you know about it? Tell us the story.

I work for an accountant and during tax season (HELL SEASON) i work 7 days a week atleast 12 hours a day. so i had no idea what he was up to as i only see him at night when i climb into bed and pass out. So it was last March i came home after 1 am cranky and tired and was sleeping when he starting looking for something in the middle of the night in his drawers i swear i was ready to kill him lol. then he turns on the light to look for something so i got up and went into the living room so i didn't blow up on him, he then woke me up again a little while later and told me to come into the room in a half asleep daze i walk into our room there is candles, roses and a present on the bed, he kneels next to me i was not thinking anything being half asleep just thought he was being sweet at 3 am. He told me i was the girl of his dreams and all this other romantic stuff then told me to open the present i opened it there was a wooden heart in the box i said thanks and went to lay down he said for me to read it i read it and the meantime he pulled out the ring it said will you marry me? I started crying and screaming. My ring i am in love with it is a princess cut diamond in a channel setting with princess cut diamonds.

I find out he had a whole other proposal planned but he picked up the ring that day and just could not wait, lol thats my baby. . Even though i was half asleep and cranky it was perfect cause i had no idea what so ever. It was so sweet and perfect for me...

Thanks ladies can;t wait to hear everyones stories

Posted By

NEW Re: Spin off of getting to know you

Smilenr0

Smilenr0

Board Enthusiast

192 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/13/2010 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
NRC

thats sooooo sweet..............!!!

I had a feeling i was getting mine soon..
We were at my house painting and he got a phone call. Soo he left for a few mins..{i knew it was the jewler}
then days went by and we had my sisters graduation party.. We had about 75 pple over. {just family} I said to myself he would never get down on ONE KNEE in front of 75 pple especially it being my family. everyone was harassing me at the party the day u'll get your ring is the day hell will freeze.. lol.. everyone just busting my chops...

So right before my sisters cake i see everyone surrounding me and before i knew it he was on his knee and I frooze for about 10 mins straight. My family cheeeeerrring him on and crying at the same time. I dont even remember him asking me "will you marry me"...

It was the bestttttttttttttttttt feeeling ever!!!!!!! The good thing is that i have a video of the proposal!!!!!!!

I got the chills writing this...

MESSAGE EDITED6/10/2009 9:34:55 AM

POSTED 6/10/09 9:24 AM

Posted By

MrsC2010

MrsC2010

i'm a wifey :)

17343 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/30/2010 6:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Woodlands

around labor day fh and I planned to take a week off from work but were going to do local things...but found a last minute deal to Mexico so we booked it. The first night in Mexico we went to dinner and then came back to the hotel and took a walk on the beach.....all of a sudden FH stopped and started saying all these sweet things and sounded nervous. Then he got down on his knew and pulled out the ring!!!!

appearantly fh had been ring shopping and already had the diamond but hadn't purchased the setting yet...but knew what he wanted. So, when we booked the last minute trip to Mexico he knew it was the perfect time to propose so he rush to go buy the setting he loved and have the diamond put in just in time for our trip!

Posted By

StaceyWill

StaceyWill

I'm not a newlywed anymore

11876 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/15/2010 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Leonard's of Great Neck

We had gone ice skating at Wollman rink in Central Park and it was the time when they ask everyone to get off the ice so they can clean it. So, they had a circle coned off in the middle of the rink and FH was directing me to it-i asked him what the heck was going on and all of a sudden he went on one knee and they started playing a song (All my life by K-ci & JoJo) and he asked me right there.

(I just got the chills as I was writing this)

Posted By

christine2010

Beyond Obsession

8358 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/23/2010 2:00 PM

FH stayed up the entire night before because he was so nervous about proposing. He replaced my everyday ring with my engagement ring & I was suppose to find it
when I woke up for school that morning. However,
I decided not to go to school that day since I wasn't feeling well. At around 11AM, Chris asked me if I felt well enough to go to the store. So we went to the store.
Strangely enough, I threw on sweat pants & a tee shirt & no jewelry (for the first time in 8 years). So off to the store we went. When we got back home I unpacked
the groceries & joined Chris sitting on the couch. He said, “I have a surprise for you.” I said, “Why?” knowing our anniversary was 3 days away. So he told me to
go look on my desk. I didn’t even notice it. Then I picked it up, put it on, and couldn’t believe it. Took it off for him to put on & then I said yes. FH purchased the
six prong, round diamond, platinum Tiffany ring. We never looked at engagement rings together. The only thing I ever told DH was that it had to be a six prong,
Tiffany ring. He did a great job on the purchase!!!!

I had no idea.

Posted By

babsbeark

babsbeark

"I'm Addicted"

1423 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/20/2010 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Sand Castle

This all sounds so sweet its the little things they do that make every fight worth it lol

Posted By

Lisalana

Lisalana

It was amazing!!!!

2911 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/2/2010 7:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Pine Hollow Country Club

FH and I had plans to go to dinner with one of our favorite couples. As I was getting ready in the bedroom, he was secretly covering the living room with candles and rose petals. When I came out, I had no idea what was going on - especially since I had been home the whole time he was decorating!

After proposing, he surprised me with an incredible dinner at Daniel. He then took me out to a B&B in the Hamptons for an extended weekend. He had even been coordinating with my boss to get me Monday off. He also picked the Hamptons so that we could stop by my parent's house on the way back, so they could be the first to see the ring.

And the best part is that he had a Flip camera sitting in the room, so we have the whole proposal on film!

Posted By

Lsorrent

Lsorrent

Best Night Of My Life :)

24915 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/5/2010 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
North Ritz Club - A+++++++++++++++++

During an intense game of Rock Band, FH asked when we were exchanging Christmas gifts and told me mine was under the tree. It was a beautiful hand-crafted Disney centerpiece with Mickey Mouse and Pluto riding a sleigh. I went to get FH's gift which was stored in a closet, but he had piled boxes on top of it. I asked him to help me move the boxes, and as he put one of the boxes down, it had a ring box on it.

I opened it and immediately said "Are you serious???" FH said no and took it back. After he put the ring on my finger, I started hugging and kissing him, and he suddenly said "So you haven't answered me." My response was "You haven't asked me anything." He looked me dead in the eye and said...."So, you wanna?"

Posted By

kris_gets_hitched

kris_gets_hitched

Wisconsin-bound for Pearl Jam!

13924 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/20/2010 11:30 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Waffle House.

These are all so sweet! I love how personalized they all are!

FH and I have been serious for a few years. We were talking marriage all last year, and in November he and I went to various stores to look at rings, just on a whim.

Of course, this led to a phone call from me to my best friend making sure that she knew my ring size I knew he'd ask her for help, since my parents and sister live out of state. My sister would have been his first choice to help with ring shopping, but logisitcally that wasn't going to happen.

I had no clue that they were secretly getting together and he was custom designing my ring. This was going on for a month before Christmas. FH and I were going to FLorida to spend Christmas with my family.

One of the Christmas gifts from my parents to FH and I was a trip to Key West. We had to get up EARLY the day we were heading there, and while I was in the shower, he asked my parents permission. My dad - suspecting this would happen - had a double-headed coin made at a novelty kiosk and told FH that he'd have to flip a coin for his answer. If it was heads, then he could ask me to marry him.

So, we're in Key West at a butterfly and nature conservatory - TOTALLY up my alley, since I'm a huge nature crunchy person - and my mom and I were walking along this path, not noticing that FH and my dad had gone way ahead of us. Then my sister asks to borrow my camera and I hand it over to her. My mom and I kept walking, and then I turn a little corner and THERE HE WAS, at the edge of a little bridge, on bended knee, ring in hand. He just looked at me like "well?" and I was like "you need to ask me the question!!!" Which of course he did.

My sister actually took pics and video of the proposal (awesome!!!) and I have pics in my album, if anyone wants to check them out.

Posted By

regy_k

regy_k

no more bridezilla!!!

8897 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/16/2010 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Glen Island

we do something special every month on the 12th. its our anniversary. so when V-day was approaching it was perfect to go back to the restaurant where we went on our 1st date. by that point I already got him his V-day present and told him that he has to get me something too, his reply was "u think I dont have something nice already for u???". that was about 2-3 weeks before.
on V-day in the car to the restaurant FH says that he has a surprise for me waiting for me back home in the garage (when leaving the house, he pushed me out of the way and ran to the car, closing the garage door himself, something that I do all the time). so he tells me to guess what that is and gave me a few hints, finally I guessed that he made a painting for me after not painting for over 3 years. I was so touched!
At the restaurant after ordering he got a ring out, the Ruby one, and said this is ur present for V-day. while I was putting it on, he says "I got something else for u, and if u dont like it we can totally return it, and u dont even have to put it on if u dont want to, I got u another one and its coming soon, so u can return this one or the other one, or u can keep them both, whatever u want!!!" - yup that was his way of saying "will u marry me" LOL
so I put the ring on, which I wasnt crazy when I just saw it, and I fell in love with it. It's perfect for me, small and elegant and old fashioned. FH did good.
so then I realize that I am not sure if we're engaged or not, so I asked him "so those this mean we're engaged??? cause u didnt ask me anything", so FH in a very sweet and shy way says "will u marry me?". my answer was freaking out, FH was convinced I was saying no
this is a bit of a lame story, but it is so us, that I wouldnt change any of it.

after I got the other e-ring he let me tell everybody

Posted By

Alfysbaby

Alfysbaby

Board Fanatic

679 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
3/25/2011 5:00 PM

The day started off like any other day FH went to work and I was home that day b/c it was my birthday(dec.22) Well FH comes home and I was expecting him to do something nice! NOPE didnt happen. He goes Uncle and I are going to go finish up christmas shopping by this time I was pisssed off No happy birthday and no card from anyone including my kids. So I cook the kids and myself dinner didnt leave any left for FH! He comes home at 11:45pm 15 mins b/4 my birthday is over so I pretend to be sleeping on the couch and he comes and wakes me up and IM like did you have a good time and he goes it was okay wanna have mac and cheese for a snack! I'm like yea I guess! So I go into the kitchen and he goes oh those are for you! Its the game scrabble and then on top was a box and I open it and he goes will you marry me and I said yes!

Now that was the second time he asked the first time we broke up a few months later lol!

Posted By

laulac98

laulac98

It's SUMMER!!!

2044 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/27/2010 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Perfect!!!!!

I knew it was coming because we had been ring shopping for the past couple of months and I saw the ring I wanted. We're going to Ireland in October so I thought he was going to do it then.

We were in Central Park for our 2 year anniversary - which happened to fall on Easter this year. I had been searching for places to see there since this was my first time and I told him I found the Shakespeare Garden right behind the castle. So we're walking around taking pictures and we get to the garden and there were benches there so I said I wanted to sit and call home and wish everyone a Happy Easter. I'm sitting on the bench looking for my phone and he's still standing so she finally says "Do you know how much I love you?" and at first I said "Yeah" but then he asked me again and I said "How much?" but at this point I knew it was coming. He says "enough to spend the rest of my life with you" and he gets down on one knee and from then on it's a little of a blur because I started crying lol It was just perfect!

Posted By

latinaj

latinaj

It's A Sickness!

6149 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
12/4/2010 2:00 PM

These are all amazing stories....here's mine..

This March FH and I went to Costa Rica for a week. The second day there, we spent the entire day in the beach . That night I wanted to go to sleep but FH wanted to see the sunset ...and was really getting annoying about it! lol...anyway we walked on the beach and it seemed like 1. we were getting too far from the hotel 2. we were never going to find a perfect spot...
so we finally find a spot and sit...and mind u ladies at this point, i'm tired, i'm sunburnt, i'm annoyed...so i said ok great, lets take a pic and go back to the room! he said ok setup the camera (we are big fans of using the timer on our camera)
I set the camera and when i went to run and pose w/him...he got on one knee and the camera flashed...i hyperventilated...lol..no idea what he said!??!!? (does anyone else feel this)

anyway i asked right away if he had asked my father's permission...my family is very old school...and in our culture men have to go w/their fathers to ask the girl's father permission to marry. i later found out that FH had done this...which was the best part...he went out of his way to make this perfect for me...

awwwwwi love him.....

Posted By

2010 Fall Bride

2010 Fall Bride

Board Fanatic

787 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/8/2010 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Leonard's of Great Neck

I sort of had an idea but didn't think it was coming ANY time soon.

My FH works weekends and he had gotten off the weekend of Dec. 6 and he said to me that he wanted to make it a boyfriend/girlfriend day in the City being that we never have the weekends together.

So that morning, we left around 11am to go have breakfast, then we took the train to the city and we went ice skating at Rockerfeller Center. I was getting tired and would sit down and take breaks. He told me that after we skated we were going to see the Rockets...OK.....

All of a sudden they start to clear the ice because the session was over and he says to me I want the guy to take a pic of us by this statue so the guy does and as we went to go off of the ice, he swings me to the center and holds my hands, and the CROWD goes INSANE!!!! Everyone is SCREAMING!!!! he starts crying and I just ask him why are you crying! He gets down on his knee and that's when I start to cry and I said to him"OMG Babe, Get up!!!!" I noticed in the background they were playing our song!!!! It was amazing Everyone was screaming my name!!!

When he got up, he pointed right in front and there were our parents and then he points up top and there were all our friends and family!!!

He had told everyone to meet at our place when everyone got there, there was a party bus waiting for them and that is how everyone got to Rockerfeller Center and back to the BX. No one new but our parents and he had made a video that his friend played on the bus telling everyone why there were on the bus and how he felt for me!

It was AMAZING!!!!!

Posted By

SummerBride10

SummerBride10

livin the fabulous life ;)

27153 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/17/2010 11:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Jericho Terrace A++++++++

On our one year anniversary in A.C. FH got me a delish chocolate cake and propsed...it wass supposed to say 'will u marry me' but the hotel f-ed it up. still it was really sweet of him and the cake was fab.

Posted By

MrsC2010

MrsC2010

i'm a wifey :)

17343 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/30/2010 6:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Woodlands

Posted by latinaj

These are all amazing stories....here's mine..

This March FH and I went to Costa Rica for a week. The second day there, we spent the entire day in the beach . That night I wanted to go to sleep but FH wanted to see the sunset ...and was really getting annoying about it! lol...anyway we walked on the beach and it seemed like 1. we were getting too far from the hotel 2. we were never going to find a perfect spot...
so we finally find a spot and sit...and mind u ladies at this point, i'm tired, i'm sunburnt, i'm annoyed...so i said ok great, lets take a pic and go back to the room! he said ok setup the camera (we are big fans of using the timer on our camera)
I set the camera and when i went to run and pose w/him...he got on one knee and the camera flashed...i hyperventilated...lol..no idea what he said!??!!? (does anyone else feel this)

anyway i asked right away if he had asked my father's permission...my family is very old school...and in our culture men have to go w/their fathers to ask the girl's father permission to marry. i later found out that FH had done this...which was the best part...he went out of his way to make this perfect for me...

awwwwwi love him.....

thats so cute! and yes, I am the same that i don't remember anything FH said but just remember him saying sweet things lol....i don't even remember actually saying yes

Posted By

StaceYums81

StaceYums81

Mrs. S

9819 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
2/13/2010 2:00 PM

I knew about it, and I knew he had the ring but he told me I had to wait and so I kept asking him for it all week Finally he make me a nice lobster dinner and gave me the ring...

Posted By

rocketsummer17

rocketsummer17

Beyond Obsession

8618 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/10/2010 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION

I already knew he had the ring, it was just when he was going to do it that I didnt know...We got engaged at home...One morning he woke me up, put a ring on my finger and that was that.

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.