NEW I secretly....

dmbfan36

dmbfan36

Board Fanatic

560 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
2/19/2012 11:00 AM

like a dress I saw on David's Bridal.

I'm sorta afraid it's going to be cheap or crappy looking in person but I might go check it out when I'm up to dress shopping. Anyone have any experience with DB for wedding gowns?

dmbfan36

MESSAGE EDITED10/23/2010 10:44:40 PM

POSTED 10/23/10 10:43 PM

Posted By

NEW Re: I secretly....

Im getting Married

Im getting Married

Talent: I can Drink and Dance

11624 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/30/2011 6:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Beautfiul <3<3

I tried on some dresses there when I was 1st looking I thought they had some very nice dresses, not cheap looking

POSTED 10/23/10 10:46 PM

Posted By

AwaitingAugust

AwaitingAugust

i love my LIW girlies :-*

13758 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/15/2010 11:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Woodbury Country Club

no shame in having a DB dress ... they have some really beautiful dresses ...

ultimately, your guests won't know who designed it, just that it's pretty. and saving money's always nice

POSTED 10/23/10 10:59 PM

Posted By

mrzsoontobejames

Board Fanatic

662 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
2/22/2015 5:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Sand Castle Caterers

I really don't care if a dress is from a thrift shop if it fits perfectly and makes u feel beautiful then its the "one". I say that to say this.. The dress pictured above is gorgeous and I wouldve never guessed it's from DB..

POSTED 10/23/10 11:08 PM

Posted By

Soapgirl4ever

Soapgirl4ever

now a newleywed!

1384 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/16/2011 10:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Cresthollow Country Club

DB had beautiful dresses.. when u find "the one" youll know <3 good luck n have fuuuuun trying on dresses!! oh n bring water bc i got freakin hot under all thaat crinoline lol

POSTED 10/23/10 11:13 PM

Posted By

dmbfan36

dmbfan36

Board Fanatic

560 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

Thanks ladies! I think I might have watched too many episodes of Say Yes To The Dress!

I love this gown and I am going to make sure I get to try it on! Oh and I will bring water!

POSTED 10/23/10 11:21 PM

Posted By

Richiesgirl

Richiesgirl

Mrs. Q to ya!!

2507 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/30/2011 7:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Leonard's of Great Neck

Whn I first start dress shopping I started at Davids Bridal just knew i wasnt finding the one...but tried on many nice dresses. Go for it..

POSTED 10/23/10 11:39 PM

Posted By

kfizz

kfizz

I'm Mrs. P!!

2651 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/10/2011 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Estate at East Wind- A

I went to DB to try on a few dresses when I first got engaged...I was very surprised at how great they actually were. If you are looking to save on the dress but still want a designer Vera Wang is doing a special line at DB coming in stores I believe february.

Posted By

Kerrys_Princess

Board Fanatic

260 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/17/2010 12:30 PM

My dress is from DB. I don't think it was cheap looking and people complimented me on how beautiful it was all day.

Posted By

IrishAli

IrishAli

Married!

11444 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/25/2011 11:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Sans Souci of Sea Cliff

I also think it depends on which DB you go to- I went to one here in the DC area and the fitting rooms were dirty, etc- it did NOT make me feel like a bride!

People on here say good things about the one in Lake Grove, and my friend got her dress there a few years ago.

Try it out! I went once, and did not see anything that I particularly liked. But you won't know until you go and try some dresses on!

Posted By

Chanwich

Chanwich

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!

5720 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/9/2011 7:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
The Riviera :)

OMG, the HORROR of liking a dress from DB! How COULD you?!?!?

I'm with the previous poster, it doesn't matter where you get your dress from, as long as its THE ONE, who cares? And unless you wear it inside out, not one single person is going to know where it came from. For all they know it is a 10K designer dress.

And the quality of DB dresses has gotten a LOT better! I tried on many beautiful and well made dresses from DB, and even though I had a fairly generous budget, I ended up falling in love with a DB dress and buying it! Just have fun and don't worry about who makes it. ETA I really like that dress!!

MESSAGE EDITED10/24/2010 9:23:29 AM

POSTED 10/24/10 9:23 AM

Posted By

lisagail55

lisagail55

<3 Mrs. Lisa P. <3

1872 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/3/2010 6:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
The Vanderbuilt Mansion at Dowling

My experience at the Lake Grove store was a good one. My main thing was I wanted a dress that had lot of lace and beading. I found that DB lace was just "cheaper" feeling than the more expensive dresses I was trying on at other stores. Although, the drss looked the same as others. As far as satin and less embellished dresses- they looked and felt fine to me. If you like a dress,go for it! I was actually surprised that the drss I loved was not over my budget at all ($2000). I even would ask to see a stores really expensive dresses and never liked any of them!

Posted By

FutureWifey

FutureWifey

"I'm Addicted"

1944 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/19/2012 7:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Fox Hollow

I tried on dresses there and they were beautiful! I actually fell in love with one dress that looked amazing on, but unfortunately. it has some small design (pink flowers) that I couldn't get over. I was going back to look for a similar one if I didn't get my dress from the Filene's Running of the Brides.

Bridal Reflections of Carle Place has some really beautiful dresses too! The service was great, so I recommend checking them out too.

POSTED 10/24/10 10:45 AM

Posted By

dmbfan36

dmbfan36

Board Fanatic

560 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

Thanks for the tip on going to Lake Grove - I might make the drive out there when I am up to it. I kinda want to do it soon but we don't even have a place yet!

POSTED 10/24/10 11:24 AM

Posted By

ooxrosaliexoo

ooxrosaliexoo

Board Enthusiast

244 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/7/2013 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
I don't know :(

i love that dress too! lol .. i always said i would never get davids bridal...but NOW i am sitting around waiting for vera wang to get there!!

POSTED 10/24/10 11:29 AM

Posted By

miamimerger

It's An Obsession

3862 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
1/2/2010 12:00 PM

don't judge a book by its cover!

my dress is from DB, and no one would have guessed it in a million years--people thought I spent waaaay more money than I actually did. And it was GORGEOUS! I got a dress that was a sample and they never wound up mass-producing. Just today, I saw a dress that looked just like mine on the cover on a wedding magazine. I felt very fashion-forward, haha.

miamimerger

POSTED 10/24/10 12:37 PM

Posted By

Redvelet2012

Board Enthusiast

74 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/7/2012 5:00 PM

I love that dress it's your DAY go for it good luck

POSTED 10/24/10 12:57 PM

Posted By

flibbertigibbet

flibbertigibbet

I don't even like weddings.

8377 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/1/2011 2:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Captain Jack's

I think if you find a dress you love at a great price...you'd be foolish not to grab it.

They have their $99 sale ... but not all their dresses are that inexpensive. They have dresses 800-1000

Posted By

heathery72

heathery72

Married!!!

3635 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
12/19/2010 12:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
booked

I think that's so pretty. Their dresses aren't cheap looking. My friend bought her's there and it was beautiful. The only think that suks is that you have to pick it up as soon as it comes in. They won't hold them for you

Posted By

CantWait2Wed

CantWait2Wed

The knot has been tied!

1268 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/16/2011 11:30 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Three Village Inn

Posted by dmbfan36

I'm sorta afraid it's going to be cheap or crappy looking in person but I might go check it out when I'm up to dress shopping. Anyone have any experience with DB for wedding gowns?

Wow! This was a totally obnoxious statement! I can see that you are new here but you should NEVER, EVER call a vendor or service someone may be using "cheap" or "crapy"

Posted By

FutureMrsGTL

FutureMrsGTL

I'm a Mrs.

6108 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/12/2012 7:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Check!!!!!!!!!!

You can definately find some great dresses at davids bridal! my cousin had a dress from there and it was NOT cheap looking at all.. it prob weighed 50 lbs from all the beading lol it was gorgeous!

Posted By

dmbfan36

dmbfan36

Board Fanatic

560 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

Posted by CantWait2Wed

Posted by dmbfan36

Wow! This was a totally obnoxious statement! I can see that you are new here but you should NEVER, EVER call a vendor or service someone may be using "cheap" or "crapy"

I was asking a question and said that I thought the DRESS might be cheap looking...sorry if it offended you but get a grip please.

Posted By

T E R I

T E R I

JERK STORE SHOPPER

13481 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
1/2/2010 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Chateau Briand

That dress is really pretty in person, I went to get my BM dress for my sisters wedding in the beginning of the month and they had it on display and I kept looking at it.

Posted By

kitkat82

kitkat82

Board Fanatic

401 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/7/2011 6:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Veranda Room, EW

The fabric is really nice too.. Its thick (sturdy). It looks well made. I was actually going to go back to DB later this week to try on some more dresses... BTW how long does it usually take to find a dress? I've gone 3 days already to 3 different places and my mom is already getting bored of it.

Posted By

dmbfan36

dmbfan36

Board Fanatic

560 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

Posted by T E R I

That dress is really pretty in person, I went to get my BM dress for my sisters wedding in the beginning of the month and they had it on display and I kept looking at it.

Thanks I totally want to just stop in this week and get a peek at it.

I'm excited at the thought of getting to try dresses on.

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.
ea366

ea366
$119.00