Long Island Weddings Vendors ▼

Mediterranean Manor Caterers - reception location

Lessing's Waterfront Mansions - reception location

Larkfield - reception location

360 East At Montauk Downs - reception location

Mattituck Florist - florists

Jewelers - Diamonds

Posted By

NEW is it too early to get a wedding dress now if your wedding is in nov of 2004? UPDATE I BOUGHT THE DRESS!!!!

groovypeg

It's An Obsession

3692 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
11/21/2004 6:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION

a friend of mine, who is getting married the month b4 me next year, said that she felt like it was too early for her to get her gown bc she was afraid she would want something else. i saw some gowns yesterday that i really loved, now i am afraid that it may be too early?? did anyone else go through this

MESSAGE EDITED6/25/2003 10:53:26 PM

POSTED 6/25/03 3:09 PM

Posted By

NEW Re: is it too early to get a wedding dress now if your wedding is in nov of 2004?

WhatNow?

Mom

2206 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
3/16/2003 5:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Milleridge Inn

I would wait. JMO.

Posted By

NEW Re: is it too early to get a wedding dress now if your wedding is in nov of 2004?

groovypeg

It's An Obsession

3692 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION

anyone else????

Posted By

DrmnBlnd

DrmnBlnd

I need a vacation!!

5974 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/15/2004 12:20 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Giorgio's

I actually got my dress LAST year, and my wedding is in May 2004. I think it is all a matter of preference in what you do....if you like it, get it, but if you think you'll find something you like better later, then I would wait.

Posted By

Jordan

Jordan

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

5703 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/3/2004 6:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Hamlet Wind Watch

I'm September 2004...I've tried on about 50 dresses already and haven't found a thing - despite how much I've fallen in love with a picture. Bottom line - it's NEVER too early for the dress! Unless you're someone who changes their mind easily, I say go for it.

Posted By

nrvbrd

Hyper One

5233 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/6/2003 6:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Coral House-Loved it!!!

Yes!!!!!

Imo, you should wait awhile, sometimes I wish I did. You will see so many different dresses and styles change.

Posted By

nylisa

nylisa

Many More Years To Come

11342 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/18/2004 2:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Manor East

I am getting married Sept 2004 and I ordered my dress in April. If I was her, if I saw something that I loved I would order it because you never know if it is going to be discounted or not.

Posted By

SomedayBride

married!

2051 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
1/1/1995 7:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION

Well, I'm getting married in July of '04, and I'm waiting until about September to order. I've been a few places, and have seen dresses that I love, but I am VERY fickle, and I know if I buy a dress now, I'll regret buying the dress so early, and I'll find something that I like even more somewhere down the line. But some people can do it. I always end up with more than one dress when I'm going to be a wedding guest because I always find something I like more, so I don't want the same to happen with my wedding dress. I know it's as simple as not looking at bridal magazines, or not looking at other bride's dresses, but I know I can't do it.

Posted By

groovypeg

It's An Obsession

3692 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION

in one day i must have tried on at least 30 gowns, and out of 30 i only saw 2 that i loved and that looked good. what are my chances that i will see another dress that i like?

Posted By

eroxgirl

eroxgirl

Mr. & Mrs. Eroxs

6582 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/19/2004 12:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Westbury Manor

I don't think its too early -- LIMom posted today that her daughter wants a gown that the salon says takes a year to come in, and they only have 10 1/2 months. I personally wouldn't want to run that risk, although you do still have time.

Posted By

groovypeg

It's An Obsession

3692 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION

i know that this is a question that only i can answer, but i really appreciate all of your responses!!

Posted By

DecBride04

DecBride04

Expecting a Chirstmas Baby!

1669 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
12/3/2004 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
The Riviera

TO Early! I would wait... look in Oct and purchase by Nov... you only need 1 yr ahead... The dress will not go anywhere in the next few months, so wait. You just might find something else you like in that time as well...

Posted By

Jordan

Jordan

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

5703 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Hamlet Wind Watch

I'm with you groovy...what are the chances that I'll fall in love with ANOTHER dress when it's taking me this long to even find the FIRST one!??! I'm not a "grass is greener on the other side" person so I think I will still love my dress even if I see others that are just as beautiful.

If you find something that you love - that you just HAVE to have...go for it. Nothing should stop you.

Posted By

sanmik

Board Fanatic

683 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/17/2003 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Woodbury Country Club

I would wait until October/November. It's not that far off, yet enough time for you to look at other dresses or maybe even price the dress you love. You don't want to regret buying and in September (new line) see something that you adore.

Posted By

Jordan

Jordan

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

5703 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Hamlet Wind Watch

I guess I don't understand the whole "seeing something you'll love". Why would you continue to try on dresses if you've already bought one? And if you're referring to pics - I think we all know by now that what looks fabulous in a pic doesn't always fit fabulous. I've fallen in love with about 10 different dresses...until I saw them on me. So I really don't see why there would be a problem if you've already found the one you LOVE.

Posted By

groovypeg

It's An Obsession

3692 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION

ahhh cp0329 i like the way you think!!! seriously you just made me feel alot better!!!!

the only reason why i started looking now is bc i am on vacation. i am a teacher for a private school and we have a summer session. i do alot of private work at night, so i figured that i should use my vacations wisely.

MESSAGE EDITED6/25/2003 4:01:50 PM

POSTED 6/25/03 3:56 PM

Posted By

kaangel217

kaangel217

"I'm Addicted"

1526 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/24/2004 2:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
The Meadow Club

Joanna, I agree with cpo329 . I also think that for me personally I tried on at least 20 dresses in about 4-5 stores. Of them I only really loved 2 dresses. If you know that you love it and if you feel like its "the one" than go for it. Wait maybe a few weeks and still look around. If you keep comparing that one dress to all the others than you and only you know that it is the dress.

Posted By

glittergal2811

glittergal2811

Board Fanatic

424 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/14/2004 4:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Riviera in Massapequa

It's necer too early!!! :)

Posted By

Jenn P

"I'm Addicted"

1117 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/1/2016 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION

Personally, I would say if you absolutely love a certain dress get it now. However, you have to judge for yourself what would agonize you more: falling in love with a dress now and waiting until the fall only to find that it's discontinued or buying early then seeing something later in the process you like better and regretting your purchase. From the tone of your posts, it sounds like the former but of course that's your decision.

Posted By

aliciahelene

aliciahelene

It's A Sickness!

5543 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/5/2007 6:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION

I think if you love the dress grab it..but it also depends on you..if you get bored with thigs easily, tehn wait in case yoru mind changes, but if you love thinsga nd stick with them..then grab the dress..if youve looked at enough dresses and know what you like..get it..tahst one less major thing that you have to do.

Posted By

septbride

Board Fanatic

668 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/20/2003 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION

I've had my dress since April 2002, I'm getting married in September 2003.

Whatever you feel comfortable with, I still love my dress.

Posted By

butterfly20

butterfly20

married over 2 years!!!

10671 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
11/6/2004 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Manor East

iif you see something you really like, then get it, some dress styles get discontinued..
im also nov 2004, but im waiting to see what size i'll be cause i dont want to alter it too much

Posted By

Marcela1654

Board Princess

10352 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/16/2004 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION

I bought my dress in Feb 2003, my wedding is in May 2004. I totally agree with the girls who have said that if you find THE dress, order it. I wasted SOO MUCH time looking and I ended up getting a dress I tried on the first day I went dress shopping.
Honestly, I was afraid that I would see something else I liked. However, I have seen many dresses in mags after buying mine and NOT ONCE did I say to myself "Ugh, I wish I would've tried that one on." I love my dress.
Good Luck to you

Posted By

endlessluv429

endlessluv429

Still feel like a newlywed!

4394 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
11/6/2004 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
North Ritz Club

I am getting married a few weeks before you and I ordered my dress in February-I just found it so we got it--what's the big deal? I stopped looking just like I stopped looking for men when I met my FH!! LOL ok i'm comparing apples & oranges lol actually, it was easier to find the man than the dress! LOL Plus-if you really fell in love with it-it could be discontinued--BUY IT! the ladies @ the salon told me to get it!

Posted By

groovypeg

It's An Obsession

3692 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION

UPDATE: Bridal Reflections called tonite and located the tomasina sample for me. so i went and tried on the amalia carrara vs. the tomasina. the tomasina was pretty, but the amalia was amazing in comparision. it was stunning. everyone in the salon, even the other brides-to-be thought it looked beautiful on me. SO I BOUGHT IT! i feel so good! it was so right. the price was awesome too :) i spent the afternoon looking at bridal mags to see if i could find another gown to try on, and i did try on a paloma blanca gown when i went tonite, but it did nothing for me. i am so excited!!! whohoo! if i find a pic i will post it!

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.

$65.00

n1

n1
$169.00