Im_My_Own_Princess

Im_My_Own_Princess

winner of THREE superlatives!

8675 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/9/2010 1:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Verdi's of Westbury- C+

How often do you and dh fight? And have you ever dropped the 'd-bomb' ( no, not d I ( k ).....

We "fight" over the stupidest things... Today I got upset because I couldn't get the toilet lid off the toilet to clean I just lost it and took it out on him... I blame my . But I feel horrible about it.

Anyway.. Do you fight with your dh? How bad does it get?

Posted By

NEW Re: Kinda sucky question....

jackieee

jackieee

lovin' married life!!! <3

5481 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/22/2010 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Chateau La Mer

I think everyone fights. Fighting is good, but what I learned is there is a healthy way to fight and a not so healthy way. Name calling, bringing up past *****, threatening divorce, screaming and belitting each other isn't healthy and wont get you anywhere.

We used to fight bad. He would give me the silent treatment which I HATED!! I would scream and cry. Hurtful things would be said. It was ugly. It stopped after we got married. We got into some nasty fights right before getting married and a few bad ones after where divorce was mentioned but never meant. We then realized it was really stupid to fight like that because we love each and want to be with each other forever.

I think me being pregnant helped also. We havent fought in a nasty way since.

We get into stupid fights here and there, but we talk it out. I give him time to cool off. He doesnt ignore me for a day, and it's better.

I think you have to learn how you both handle disagreements and both really try to fight in a respectful way. I know it's hard when you're caught up in the moment..

Posted By

MikesBride2B

MikesBride2B

FOOD BABY!

10411 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/18/2010 2:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Old Field Club

DH and I fight a decent amount of the time, but very rarely do we have unproductive or nasty fights. Really I'd call them intense disagreements. We never have a 'fight' that does not resolve itself into talk about what it is that set us off and how we can improve upon it. If we do have a fight where its because one or the other of us is cranky and took it out on each other, we apologize and promise to try to express that we are cranky and to stay away.

Honestly its a little scary how honest we are with each other...we may have a lot of disagreements but in the end I think we are stronger for them.

POSTED 12/18/11 10:23 PM

Posted By

ourwedding9510

ourwedding9510

2 Weddings but only 1 Man!!!!!

4819 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/5/2010 5:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Jericho Terrace

We fight about stupid sutff but lately it's been the world against us so it's brought us a lot closer. We only used the "d" word once and it was the longest 24 hours of my life! We're trying to work out our disagreements and he's been really good with helping a little bit more around the apartment and I've learned to count to 10 before I rip his head off.

Posted By

Future Mrs H

Future Mrs H

My Monster

22387 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/18/2010 11:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Riccardos by the Bridge A

Jerry and I have our little arguments over things like not turning off the lights or the TV. There was one that got so bad that the D word came up. I hated that the fight got so bad that that happened and we vowed it will never happen again.

Posted By

AwaitingAugust

AwaitingAugust

i love my LIW girlies :-*

13758 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/15/2010 11:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Woodbury Country Club

we fight every month or two ... usually nothing too terrible. but we did fight to the point of saying 'divorce' once or twice. of course, after the shock of the 'd-word', the fight resolved pretty quickly

POSTED 12/19/11 10:59 AM

Posted By

grrulz

grrulz

give me a HELL YEA for 2010!

9226 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/30/2010 2:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
got it!

we fight once in a while but we've never had to drop the D bomb thank goodness...

Posted By

AdriandSteve

AdriandSteve

Married! Weird

14809 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/17/2010 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Carlyle on the Green

We have little arguments more then fight fight. I think since we've been married we've had 1 real fight.

Posted By

mariedsgn

mariedsgn

love him more today!

15342 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/24/2010 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
hamlet willow creek A++++++++++

We have never dropped the d-bomb, we don't fight that much more like little tifs. We did have a huge fight about 3 months after we got married and I said "why did we get married" and it totally crushed my DH. I felt so bad, that has never happened again. thank goodness!

Posted By

MrsSoto

MrsSoto

PRAYERS

6133 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/18/2010 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Jericho Terrace

we usually have an argument about the same things we have always disagreed about (which sucks because its always unresolved but its just one of those things) and as time goes on it gets less and less which is good. other things, every so often but its usually not big arguments and dont last long.

i never said, i want a divorce but i did say (not long after getting married), that if you are not going to try to resolve issues and communicate, it will inevitably end in divorce. i still firmly believe this but if i feel that hes acting that way, i will wait and then if i have to mention us "not working" i will say the words "not working" rather than divorce.

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.
Favor tags

Favor tags
$0.75