DMLHeartsCRM

My lil peanut Aria arrived

1395 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/10/2011 6:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Chateau La Mer

Hey Ladies,

Just a question, I really need to know if i'm overreacting about this. My friend for over 10 years had a baby in August, I was the only one who originally knew she was pregnant early on, and since that day she had asked me to be the baby's godmother of course I accepted the honor. And I have emails and Text messages where she says "Mackenzie cant wait to meet her Godmother" etc... so it wasn't all in my head. lol.

But today while i was about to leave her a comment on her Facebook, I saw her moms profile picture was a picture of the baby in a baptismal gown. So I click on it and it takes me to the album of the baby's christening and needless to say I wasn't there in the godmother's spot in the photo.

Do I have a right to be angry that she didn't even tell me? I am so unbelievably hurt by this, I wouldve understood if she found a better candidate, but the fact that for the past 15 months (9 months of pregnancy and 6 months of her life)she had me thinking I had that honor..and then just not even telling me!! I just wanted to make sure that I'm not overreacting...or how to bring this about to her. I dont want to be like...you b!@#$ thanks for letting me know when the Christening was.

MESSAGE EDITED2/21/2012 12:00:24 AM

POSTED 2/20/12 11:57 PM

Posted By

NEW Re: Do i have the right to be angry?

Linzee636

Linzee636

lovin' life :)

2049 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/26/2010 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
North Ritz Club - A+++++++++++++

Yikes... I would be upset if I were you as well. I would bring it to her when you're feeling calmer about the situation and simply tell her what you said here... that you were under the impression based on what she has said to you that you were giong to be the Godmother, and that you are very disappointed to not only learn that you are not the Godmother, but that you were not even told about this fact, let alone that the christening was happening. Ask her why and see what she has to say.

If you're still angry about it, tell her that you might need a little time to get over it, because you were very hurt.

i'm so sorry to hear that this has happened...

Just an aside... my BFF for the past 15 years is having a baby in April and she has alluded to the fact that she might ask me to be Godmother but definitely has not said for sure, so if she picked someone else, I wouldn't feel hurt. I would be upset, however, if she baptized the baby and didn't even tell me... with a long term friendship, you'd think she's at least want to share that with you.

Posted By

MrsTarricone2B

MrsTarricone2B

I'm A Wife!!! <3

10025 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/10/2011 2:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Crest Hollow Country Club

Wow, you absolutely have a right to be upset! I would say something to your friend in a nice way. Tell her that you came across the pictures of the baby's christening and that you are a little hurt by the fact that you weren't invited.

Posted By

leesah85

leesah85

I'm a wife! :-D

14484 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
11/4/2011 5:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Crest Hollow Country Club

Posted by MrsTarricone2B

Wow, you absolutely have a right to be upset! I would say something to your friend in a nice way. Tell her that you came across the pictures of the baby's christening and that you are a little hurt by the fact that you weren't invited.

ITA with this

Posted By

Cataverri

Cataverri

<3

5092 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/29/2011 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Done

Posted by MrsTarricone2B

This and just move on.....

Posted By

mybabylovesmoi

Just hit our one year!

9393 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/5/2011 4:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
de seversky

that is really bizarre To go from being asked to be the godmother to not even being invited to the baptism? I would ask her (she has to know that pics would be on FB and it's not something she could keep). Like ashley said, I would just mention that you saw the pictures and was just a little confused and hurt. Assuming that you didn't have any kind of falling out, she should've absolutely mentioned to you that she's decided to ask someone else.

very weird!!

Posted By

kshea23

kshea23

What's Next???

6686 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/29/2011 6:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
booked

Posted by Cataverri

Posted by MrsTarricone2B

This and just move on.....

Posted By

itbroi805

itbroi805

I'm Married!!

5589 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/7/2011 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Bourne Mansion

Posted by mybabylovesmoi

that is really bizarre To go from being asked to be the godmother to not even being invited to the baptism? I would ask her (she has to know that pics would be on FB and it's not something she could keep). Like ashley said, I would just mention that you saw the pictures and was just a little confused and hurt. Assuming that you didn't have any kind of falling out, she should've absolutely mentioned to you that she's decided to ask someone else.

very weird!!

This! I would be most offended about not even being told about the christening. If my good friend christened her baby and didn't even invite me to the church I would def be hurt.

Posted By

evita2781

evita2781

GYM, EAT, WORK, SLEEP

14413 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/17/2011 7:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
North Ritz Club

Posted by itbroi805

Posted by mybabylovesmoi

very weird!!

This! I would be most offended about not even being told about the christening. If my good friend christened her baby and didn't even invite me to the church I would def be hurt.

this. if there was no falling out whatsoever, i just don't understand this whole situation esp the part of not even being invited to the christening

Posted By

Moonmist09

Moonmist09

Mrs. Randazzo!

10598 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/12/2011 2:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
The Riviera (Brooklyn)

Posted by MrsTarricone2B

Posted By

HurricaneGirl

HurricaneGirl

"I'm Addicted"

1311 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/16/2010 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Venetian Yacht Club

WOW, that was kind of a crappy way to find out, right?? Maybe her family pressured her to picking a relative to be the godmother -in which case, someone should've told you, right??

Posted By

Yankeeelove

Yankeeelove

Sooo happy!!

2939 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/23/2011 2:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Bridgeview Yacht Club

Wow I would be upset by it. More about the fact of going from being the godmother, to not even being invited to the christening at all...

I would think if I was close enough to someone that they would consider me their child's godmother, they would at least include me as a guest to the christening. If it were me I would definitely bring it up and ask if something is wrong or why the change of heart, and then express how you are surprised by the lack of communication. Sorry!

Posted By

MrsKon1111

MrsKon1111

Mrs. Kwaak

1998 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
11/11/2011 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Riverhead Moose

Posted by MrsTarricone2B

I completely agree with this

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.
favor boxes

favor boxes
$0.00