cdh2672

cdh2672

Happy Wife :-)

1867 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/28/2012 6:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Three Village Inn

Please tell me I'm not the only one going through this during wedding planning. how do u deal with it????

Posted By

NEW Re: Family drama anyone?????

queenofhaerts

queenofhaerts

Board Fanatic

968 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/10/2012 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
<3 <3

You are definitely not alone!!

FHs family is a disaster right now. I've been ignoring the drama (and at times, the people associated with it). I just don't need to carry their garbage around. I would like to enjoy my special day.

You don't need the added stress. Take a step back and focus on yourself, your FH and your special day. NO ONE can rain on your parade!!!

Posted By

cdh2672

cdh2672

1867 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Three Village Inn

Posted By

Bride2Be78

Bride2Be78

Happily Married!!!

3214 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
11/25/2012 12:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
CLM

Your not alone! It sucks sometimes

Posted By

Kristin31613

we did it!

2486 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
3/16/2013 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Estate at East Wind

Of course. I stay quite and then vent to FH after. Trying to NOT involve myself. Think happy wedding thoughts!

Posted By

pixietina

pixietina

Perfect Fairytale Wedding!

7731 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/4/2012 12:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Jericho Terrace - Oak Room

I just ignore it or it will get the best of you.

Posted By

absolutemocha

Board Enthusiast

72 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/12/2013 10:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Venetian Yacht Club

FH drama over here too!!! Doing my best to let them deal with it and stick to happy planning mode. Hang in there, you are not alone :)

Posted By

jojo07135

jojo07135

"I'm Addicted"

1149 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/16/2012 2:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Crest Hollow Country Club

You are definately not alone!! Just have to ignore it and stay "away" from the people that cause it.

Posted By

chrissie0121

chrissie0121

I'M MARRIED!!!!!!!!

1037 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/23/2012 2:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Jericho Terrace

you are def not alone!! I try to ignore it as well, but somehow I get involved !! So annoying and stressful, as if I don't have anything else to worry about, I now have to worry about the drama.

Posted By

Karrie D

8 months to go!!! :o)

1116 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
12/8/2012 7:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Windows on the Lake

The family drama I am dealing with is enough to drive anyone crazy! I am trying my best to ignore it and stay out of it!

Posted By

cdh2672

cdh2672

1867 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Three Village Inn

Phew ok...thanks ladies. Everyday it's something else... but I'm focusing better today!

Posted By

tara5533

tara5533

2 more weeks

1315 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/7/2012 6:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Holiday Inn Plainview NY

I LET MY FH FAMILY VENT ON WHATEVER AND THEN I COMPLAIN TO FH AND HE LAUGHS...

I AM HAVING MY CEREMONY AT THE HOLIDAY INN AND NOT IN A CHURCH AND MY FMIL IS FREAKING OUT THAT IT IS NOT IN THE EYES OF GOD AND WE ARE HAVING A PRIEST DO OUR CEREMONY ITS JUST NOT IN A CHURCH EVENTUALLY WE WILL HAVE A CHURCH CEREMONY JUST NOT RIGHT NOW COULD NOT AFFORD THE CHURCH

Posted By

MrsJPH2012

MrsJPH2012

I'm Married!!

1935 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/12/2012 10:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Giorgio's

I could write a novel with all the drama FSIL has caused...

Posted By

dawnbon26

dawnbon26

finally married

1669 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/15/2012 12:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Watermill

your not alone, I let the calls go to voicemail when it starts and don't call back for a few days.

Posted By

cdh2672

cdh2672

1867 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Three Village Inn

Posted by dawnbon26

your not alone, I let the calls go to voicemail when it starts and don't call back for a few days.

Posted By

gicrespo

Board Fanatic

311 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/29/2012 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Chateau La Mer

OMG yes! i thought this was abnormal, im glad someone posted! i feel like people think that the world revolves around them and not realizing that this is OUR special day!

Posted By

kattus

kattus

"I'm Addicted"

1148 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/6/2012 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Crest Hollow

You're not alone! FH's mother has five sisters, one of whom refuses to go to the wedding because of her extreme dislike of me, and another who keeps complaining to my FMIL about everything, especially that it's on a Sunday and that we sent her invite to her P.O. Box and not her job

The aunt who dislikes me even told FH before we were engaged, "if you marry that b$tch I'm not going to the wedding." She will not acknowledge my presence in the room, talks about me behind my back and expects FMIL to go along with everything. My FMIL is BEGGING her to go; FH and I are hoping that by her refusal to go, they'll stop speaking. Ha.

Well, there's my bit of family drama, so the point is, I think everyone has this. How to deal? Just remember that it's YOUR day and anyone who wants to rain on your wedding parade is envious of your happiness.

Posted By

cdh2672

cdh2672

1867 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Three Village Inn

Posted by kattus

You're not alone! FH's mother has five sisters, one of whom refuses to go to the wedding because of her extreme dislike of me, and another who keeps complaining to my FMIL about everything, especially that it's on a Sunday and that we sent her invite to her P.O. Box and not her job

The aunt who dislikes me even told FH before we were engaged, "if you marry that b$tch I'm not going to the wedding." She will not acknowledge my presence in the room, talks about me behind my back and expects FMIL to go along with everything. My FMIL is BEGGING her to go; FH and I are hoping that by her refusal to go, they'll stop speaking. Ha.

Well, there's my bit of family drama, so the point is, I think everyone has this. How to deal? Just remember that it's YOUR day and anyone who wants to rain on your wedding parade is envious of your happiness.

This is terrible!! I'm sorry you have to deal with this ....thanks for sharing :)

Posted By

cdh2672

cdh2672

1867 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Three Village Inn

Posted by gicrespo

OMG yes! i thought this was abnormal, im glad someone posted! i feel like people think that the world revolves around them and not realizing that this is OUR special day!

You're not kidding!!

Posted By

ersh126

Wedding Newbie

8 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/20/2012 11:30 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
crest hollow country club

Posted By

PaddysGirl

PaddysGirl

Double Digits!

1248 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/7/2012 2:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Nicotra's Ballroom

You are not alone.

Posted By

Jessica1219

Jessica1219

Board Enthusiast

72 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
3/31/2012 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
The Metropolitan

Reading this thread makes me feel so much better that I'm not alone!!! FH's family couldn't be more selfish throughout the entire process and their lack of enthusiasm makes me sick. I'm sticking them all in the back corner of the catering hall and ignoring them all night since they're incapable of making our wedding about us and not them... God picks our family, thank God we pick our friends!!!

Posted By

queenofhaerts

queenofhaerts

Board Fanatic

968 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/10/2012 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
<3 <3

Posted by Jessica1219

Reading this thread makes me feel so much better that I'm not alone!!! FH's family couldn't be more selfish throughout the entire process and their lack of enthusiasm makes me sick. I'm sticking them all in the back corner of the catering hall and ignoring them all night since they're incapable of making our wedding about us and not them... God picks our family, thank God we pick our friends!!!

Haha, this is me too. Each of his siblings is getting a corner of the room (cause none of them are talking to each other), and they are going to have to deal with it. I have no patience for their "all about me" attitudes. Its good to know we all aren't alone.

Posted By

kattus

kattus

"I'm Addicted"

1148 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/6/2012 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Crest Hollow

Posted by cdh2672

Posted by kattus

This is terrible!! I'm sorry you have to deal with this ....thanks for sharing :)

Oh guess what! The aunt who hates me sent back her rsvp as a 'yes.'

Posted By

cdh2672

cdh2672

1867 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Three Village Inn

Posted by kattus

Posted by cdh2672

Posted by kattus

Oh guess what! The aunt who hates me sent back her rsvp as a 'yes.'

Ahhh!!! My mother got a call from a relative the other day asking not to seat him with another relative!

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.