Unique Wedding Vendors

Posted By

NEW Security at a wedding

Kguardz

Board Enthusiast

73 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/5/2018 12:00 AM

This might sound crazy but is anyone hiring security for their wedding? Fh has a uncle thats a tad on the shady side and needed to be watched at his brother's wedding. When I brought up the idea of hiring someone to watch over gifts money etc he said oh don't worry about it my father will watch him (its fh's aunts husband) but i dont want ffil to spend my wedding watching this shady uncle what do u ladies think?

Posted By

NEW Re: Security at a wedding

Sweetpea1

Sweetpea1

The ride is over

1316 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/28/2007 10:30 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
The Coral House

Wow this is a very sticky/touchy situation. If you're having serious concerns then maybe you should hire someone. Maybe someone who can blend in with your guests and not be an obvious watchman.

Posted By

Kguardz

Board Enthusiast

73 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

Posted by Sweetpea1

Wow this is a very sticky/touchy situation. If you're having serious concerns then maybe you should hire someone. Maybe someone who can blend in with your guests and not be an obvious watchman.

thats what i kinda want to do since fh isn't crazy about the idea, and not inviting this uncle isn't an option. oh not to mention this uncle spent an entire NYE get together with his family telling my ffil how "beautiful" i am. CREEPY

Posted By

2013Bride

2013Bride

All you need is love! <3

3678 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/31/2013 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Check!

Posted by Kguardz

thats what i kinda want to do since fh isn't crazy about the idea, and not inviting this uncle isn't an option. oh not to mention this uncle spent an entire NYE get together with his family telling my ffil how "beautiful" i am. CREEPY

Creeeeeeper.

Is there any way you can make your card box/get a card box with a lock on it? That way the cards/money are inside and he can't get into the box and clearly can't walk out with your box in his hands without being noticed (haha)

But that still leaves the issue of people's purses being left unattended while they dance, etc....

Ugh, what an obnoxious thing to have to worry about.... I know you said not inviting him isn't really an option, but I'd definitely think about it....

Posted By

Kguardz

Board Enthusiast

73 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

I've talked to fh about not inviting him not to mention I can't stand that whole side of his family lol (his mothers side) but he said as much as he'd prefer him not to be there it would cause so much family drama its impossible not to. My parents who are paying for the wedding are contemplating hiring security and not telling fh about it so that way everyone wins (sort of ) So frustrating to have to take this garbage into consideration.

Posted By

2013Bride

2013Bride

All you need is love! <3

3678 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/31/2013 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Check!

Posted by Kguardz

I've talked to fh about not inviting him not to mention I can't stand that whole side of his family lol (his mothers side) but he said as much as he'd prefer him not to be there it would cause so much family drama its impossible not to. My parents who are paying for the wedding are contemplating hiring security and not telling fh about it so that way everyone wins (sort of ) So frustrating to have to take this garbage into consideration.

Hiring security without anyone knowing sounds like your best bet and that way no one has to worry about anything. I'd probably go with that, if I were in that situation as well. Good luck!!

Posted By

teacherteacher

teacherteacher

"I'm Addicted"

2360 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
12/22/2013 7:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Fox Hollow

Posted by 2013Bride

Posted by Kguardz

Creeeeeeper.

Is there any way you can make your card box/get a card box with a lock on it? That way the cards/money are inside and he can't get into the box and clearly can't walk out with your box in his hands without being noticed (haha)

But that still leaves the issue of people's purses being left unattended while they dance, etc....

Ugh, what an obnoxious thing to have to worry about.... I know you said not inviting him isn't really an option, but I'd definitely think about it....

Maybe a little wood trunk with a slit in it for cards? I've seen them on etsy and on bridal blogs. Although it does suck to be wary of your own families at your wedding, better to be safe than sorry if he has to be invited.

Posted By

mattandjess2013

mattandjess2013

love being his wife

3491 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/13/2013

WEDDING LOCATION
The Historical Thatched Cottage

ugh no fun at all! it sucks to have to have someone babysit one person - I MIGHT have to do that with FBIL. I've been with FH a year and a half & never met the kid because he's a little punk that's been in and out of juvie. He has no respect for his mother and we don't even know if he'll show up to the wedding (he's invited but he's not IN the wedding). If he does come I'm hoping someone watches him because he loves to drink and whatnot (not even 21 by the time we get married), so I don't feel like him getting into trouble.

Posted By

Kguardz

Board Enthusiast

73 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

Posted by mattandjess2013

ugh no fun at all! it sucks to have to have someone babysit one person - I MIGHT have to do that with FBIL. I've been with FH a year and a half & never met the kid because he's a little punk that's been in and out of juvie. He has no respect for his mother and we don't even know if he'll show up to the wedding (he's invited but he's not IN the wedding). If he does come I'm hoping someone watches him because he loves to drink and whatnot (not even 21 by the time we get married), so I don't feel like him getting into trouble.

I feel your pain girl! That sucks it's his brother though, thats someone you might have to deal with a lot in the future. His uncle I've met only once in the two years we've been dating. With the stories I've heard about this guy from my in laws I don't get how anyone in that family tolerates him being around. I have such a different set of standards for family. To me if your family i hold you higher than everyone else so u screw up i take it much more personally and its harder to gain my trust back etc with fh its oh their family let it go.
but thats just not the way i operate

Posted By

Soon2BMIL

Board Fanatic

272 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
1/28/2012 12:00 AM

Get a cardbox - place it next to the cake. No way you can get your hand inside to "lift" anything out.

Posted By

pixietina

pixietina

Perfect Fairytale Wedding!

7731 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/4/2012 12:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Jericho Terrace - Oak Room

How about hiring a DOC so they can keep an eye out on the box.

Posted By

Courtz

Courtz

I'm Married!

2002 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/20/2013 7:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
CookWithCourtney@gmail.com

Have the maitre d or the Lady that should be with you (care of the Reception Hall) hold the gifts in the office.

Posted By

MommaMia

MommaMia

Finally a rainbow!!

1262 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/28/2013 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Booked!

Posted by pixietina

How about hiring a DOC so they can keep an eye out on the box.

I have my share of creepers coming to the wedding but we did this and my doc will empty the box at points and place the items in the safe in the bridal suite! We all win!! Gl hth

Posted By

vanillataco

vanillataco

Board Fanatic

677 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/1/2013 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Booked

Have you thought about having people sending your gifts to your house?

Posted By

YimingandJess

YimingandJess

Board Enthusiast

90 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/11/2013

WEDDING LOCATION
Inn at New Hyde Park

I would ask the RH if they have a security box to put the cards and gifts in. I know that my RH has a security box with a special code for the bridal suite to even get into the room ( this changes with each bride) so it does take that off my mind. I was thinking the same thing after my mom told me that (in the news) at a couple of weddings this year, there had been people stealing the card box because some people put checks in with their cards or cash.

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.