Excited2BeMrsG

Board Enthusiast

188 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
12/21/2012 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
The Inn at New Hyde Park

Hi ladies (and gents),

I am not a frequent poster because I've only recently REALLY gotten into this wedding planning shenanigans, lol.

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction or offer some helpful advice:

I don't know if anyone is doing a hotel block/has done a hotel block at the following, but just was looking for some feedback... Our church is in Westbury, but our reception is in New Hyde Park. They're not too far from one another but I'm confused about where the block should be...closer to the church or the hall?? Any help would be amazing...this is starting to drive me batty!

1. Hyatt Place, Garden City
2. Hampton Inn, Garden City
3. Viana Hotel & Spa, Westbury
4. Inn at Great Neck, Great Neck
5. The Andrew Hotel, Great Neck

Thanks in advance!!

Posted By

NEW Re: Hotel Block Help!!

Nichelmus

Nichelmus

Happily Married!

2302 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/4/2013 2:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Westbury Manor

I think either or is fine. You can put a block at more than one hotel without any financial obligation but I think it has to be 10 or less. If you do more than that you have to guarantee a certain amount. Check with the hotel you select as well.

Posted By

Kristin31613

we did it!

2486 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
3/16/2013 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Estate at East Wind

I would make the block closer to the hall since that where the night will end. I made two blocks to give people some options.

Posted By

pauladanielle

pauladanielle

Board Fanatic

318 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/29/2012 4:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
The WaterView Club

You know, it's very considerate to make a block of rooms for your guests, but only do it if they don't require you to make a financial commitment to fill the rooms. Some of my family members have already booked pretty far from the RH because they found cheaper rates and I'm glad that they're happy - and I'm also glad that I didn't do the hotel block like I had originally planned :)

You could always list the hotels on your wedding website or in your invitations with their prices so that they know the best options.

Posted By

Jack84

Jack84

Board Fanatic

715 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/29/2015 6:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Jericho Terrace

I would chose a hotel closer to the hall. Hopefully, the hotel will offer a free shuttle. After church while you are taking pictures people can freshen up & take the shuttle over. By the end of the night, people are usually tired or had some drinks so to have the hotel close by will be a huge plus for guests. Hope this helps!

Posted By

Excited2BeMrsG

Excited2BeMrsG

Board Enthusiast

188 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
12/21/2012 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
The Inn at New Hyde Park

Thank you ladies! Still have to figure a few things with FH but it is definitely important to remember that a hotel block isn't mandatory and I am never going to please EVERYONE. If they don't like the hotel block we pick, they always have the option of looking elsewhere!

Posted By

LMEL1223

LMEL1223

Im a wife!

1390 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/28/2012 11:30 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Crestwood Manor

I have stayed at the Andrew before.

its a very unique and different boutique kind of hotel.

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.
Towel Cakes

Towel Cakes
$5.99

cuff bracelet

cuff bracelet
$55.00