stormstryker

stormstryker

Board Fanatic

510 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/28/2013 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Timber Point Country Club

So my friend is getting married next month. They registered at BBB but most of the gifts have been gotten already and those that aren't are either 2 expensive for me and FH to pay for or not enough smaller items to add up to what we want to spend. They already live together so besides whats on their registry, there isn't a whole lot they need. I am NOT a fan of giving money, while I know it helps with a lot of things, I feel its the no thought gift and being a friend I should know better!

They both are very outdoorsy people. They go surfing whenever they can! So originally I was thinking something along those lines.... but then I realized they have what they need to do so.... EXCEPT a state park pass! What do you girls think? Is that an acceptable gift for them for their wedding? I like the idea of giving them something they will use and love, but I am unsure if thats enough of a gift to be for a wedding....

▼ 1374 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 6/1/2012 12:00 AM
Posted By

NEW Re: Present for a friends wedding

PSP

"I'm Addicted"

1374 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/1/2012 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
check!

That's tricky. I think that would be a great gift actually but, they might already have a pass!

I know you don't like to give money since you're a close friend, but if it was my close friend and the registry was almost complete except for a few little things or expensive things, I'd say give me the money!

You could always give money and a few of the smaller cheaper gifts. A really nice card along with it would be great. That would be really nice too.

▼ 510 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 4/28/2013 3:30 PM
Posted By

stormstryker

stormstryker

Board Fanatic

510 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION

I was thinking no matter what I give, I was going to infuse a candle with Reiki (healing and good energy) as well as make a special tea (I do the herbalism thing and I know she likes my teas) that imbue all the things I wish for them. They are simple enough to add to whatever present I give, but meaningful.

As for the having of a pass, things have been so hectic with her mother that she hasn't had much time to do anything besides take care of her. I know she doesn't have a pass yet.

▼ 264 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 7/7/2012 6:00 PM
Posted By

robnlauren78

Board Fanatic

264 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/7/2012 6:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION

I know people give gifts for the shower but I have never been to a wedding in which people gave gifts other than money. To be honest with you I don't expect anything except money as a gift for my wedding, nor would I ever give anything other than money as a gift. My best friend is getting married next month as well and I will def be giving her cash. She is my best friend but I'll save the thoughtful gift for her birthday and I know she will do the same for me.

▼ 1374 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 6/1/2012 12:00 AM
Posted By

PSP

"I'm Addicted"

1374 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/1/2012 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
check!

Posted by robnlauren78

I know people give gifts for the shower but I have never been to a wedding in which people gave gifts other than money. To be honest with you I don't expect anything except money as a gift for my wedding, nor would I ever give anything other than money as a gift. My best friend is getting married next month as well and I will def be giving her cash. She is my best friend but I'll save the thoughtful gift for her birthday and I know she will do the same for me.

Yes, I'm hoping that no one will give gifts other than money at the wedding. I don't want to get shower gifts at the wedding to be honest. After my shower I'm going to remove the gifts that weren't purchased off my registry. I hope it works!

▼ 424 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 6/1/2013 8:00 PM
Posted By

Jax1127

Board Fanatic

424 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/1/2013 8:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION

We have everything we would register for anyway. Who needs fine china or fine silverware... I live in a 20x20ft studio apartment, believe me we are not having company over, lol. Would it be horrible to just register for like an ipad, clothes, bags and shoes? lol

(ok, I'm kidding, but seriously- at least those are things I'd get good use out of!)

▼ 264 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 7/7/2012 6:00 PM
Posted By

robnlauren78

Board Fanatic

264 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/7/2012 6:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION

My FH and I have lived in our house for almost 4 years so we don't really need much but I did make a registry for the shower with items we never bought for ourselves or need new. But great idea to remove the items after the shower-I may do this! However, I have been told that people who cannot attend sometimes like to send a gift from your registry.

▼ 1067 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 9/1/2012 12:00 PM
Posted By

Bride2012

2 Blessed 2 B Stressed

1067 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/1/2012 12:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Booked

What about the park pass with some money? Or maybe something special like a nice frame and a picture of them? I think the park pass alone may not be enough but thats my opinion. HTH

Posted By

stormstryker

stormstryker

Board Fanatic

510 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION

No matter what I end up giving, I plan on infusing a candle with Reiki for them and adding a tea blend (I make my own) with the energy and my wishes for them. I know she likes my tea blends, so I figured this was a nice touch

▼ 2117 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 3/1/2013 2:00 PM
Posted By

LisaReyes

LisaReyes

I love my husband!

2117 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
3/1/2013 2:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Venetian Yacht Club

I think it's a nice idea! But no one will complain about receiving money on their wedding day. Especially if you're already giving her something personal.

▼ 1067 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 9/1/2012 12:00 PM
Posted By

Bride2012

2 Blessed 2 B Stressed

1067 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/1/2012 12:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Booked

What about framing her wedding invitation?

▼ 1367 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 10/15/2011 11:30 AM
Posted By

chilly313

"I'm Addicted"

1367 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/15/2011 11:30 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
View

Are you talking about the Empire Pass for all NY State parks? If you are, I'm pretty sure you have to stick it on the car window at the point of purchase (I know we did when we purhcased ours last year) and also I think you have to have the license plate # of the car it will be on - so not sure if that would work.

Is your friend going on a honeymoon? If so, could you purchase an excursion or dinner at a really nice restaurant wherever they are going? Or spa treatment/round of golf, or anything else they might want to do while they are away.

Posted By

stormstryker

stormstryker

Board Fanatic

510 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION

Posted by chilly313

Are you talking about the Empire Pass for all NY State parks? If you are, I'm pretty sure you have to stick it on the car window at the point of purchase (I know we did when we purhcased ours last year) and also I think you have to have the license plate # of the car it will be on - so not sure if that would work.

Is your friend going on a honeymoon? If so, could you purchase an excursion or dinner at a really nice restaurant wherever they are going? Or spa treatment/round of golf, or anything else they might want to do while they are away.

Yes I am talkin bout the Empire pass. My mom just brought it home, they didn't stop her or make her put it on the car right there. She told them its for her other car. Then she ended up laminating it and transferring it from car to car all summer. It worked out and nobody stopped her. I know thats not the way its supposed to go, but it CAN work that way.

Their honeymoon is delayed and they aren't completely sure what they are doing. She just started the job and I think they are tryin to plan something for December.

▼ 2486 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 3/16/2013 3:00 PM
Posted By

Kristin31613

we did it!

2486 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
3/16/2013 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Estate at East Wind

Posted by LisaReyes

I think it's a nice idea! But no one will complain about receiving money on their wedding day. Especially if you're already giving her something personal.

I NEVER complain about receiving money!

▼ 131 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 6/1/2012 7:30 PM
Posted By

kelbaevh

kelbaevh

Board Enthusiast

131 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/1/2012 7:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Chateau La Mer

Posted by robnlauren78

this

▼ 1367 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 10/15/2011 11:30 AM
Posted By

chilly313

"I'm Addicted"

1367 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/15/2011 11:30 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
View

How about something from here:

Smart Box Gift ideas

they have all kinds of experiences that you can give as a gift, including some outdoor adventures

Posted By

stormstryker

stormstryker

Board Fanatic

510 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION

Talked it over with FH. We agreed that what we want to do is actually get that personalized picture of their 2 names surrounded by a heart drawn in the sand along with the pass. This is a nice way to be personalized and different for them.

Thanks for all the advice!!!

▼ 79 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 7/8/2012 6:15 PM
Posted By

jojo1283

jojo1283

Board Enthusiast

79 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/8/2012 6:15 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
WESTBURY MANOR

Posted by PSP

Posted by robnlauren78

Yes, I'm hoping that no one will give gifts other than money at the wedding. I don't want to get shower gifts at the wedding to be honest. After my shower I'm going to remove the gifts that weren't purchased off my registry. I hope it works!

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.
Towel Cakes

Towel Cakes
$5.99

CONTACT | SITEMAP | ADVERTISING |
PRIVACY |© COPYRIGHT
|      BRIDALPLANNERGROUP.COM