NEW Wedding gift

chilly313

"I'm Addicted"

1367 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/15/2011 11:30 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
View

Two of DHs friends are getting married in June, with an informal wedding in their backyard. DH was asked to be in the wedding party. When we were getting married, the now bride-to-be was invited to my shower. She purchased something off the registry, but never came to the shower and never sent the gift (so I guess she kept something from my registry for herself ). For our wedding, they gave us a keepsake box from Things Remembered, engraved with our names and wedding date. They are very comfortable, financially, so its not a money thing. So, what would you give them for a gift for their wedding. I am completely at a loss for this one.

Thanks for any advice!

Posted By

NEW Re: Wedding gift

halfbaked

halfbaked

Mrs. O'Connor!

23482 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/14/2010 5:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Jericho Terrace- A++++++++

That's bizarre. What a strange wedding gift. Was the groom in your WP? I'm sorely tempted to say give $100 from the both of you and call it a day, especially since it's a backyard wedding, but I feel badly since your DH is in the wedding party, KWIM? Ah screw it, $100 is DOUBLE what they gave you for yours and more than generous enough. Or better yet, give them a damn keepsake box! They have a few for $10 on that site!

Posted By

chilly313

"I'm Addicted"

1367 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
View

Posted by jilliibabii

That's bizarre. What a strange wedding gift. Was the groom in your WP? I'm sorely tempted to say give $100 from the both of you and call it a day, especially since it's a backyard wedding, but I feel badly since your DH is in the wedding party, KWIM? Ah screw it, $100 is DOUBLE what they gave you for yours and more than generous enough. Or better yet, give them a damn keepsake box! They have a few for $10 on that site!

No, the groom was not in our wedding party

Posted By

sujeire

sujeire

Mrs. Espaillat

4305 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/16/2011 1:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Douglaston Manor

I wouldn't give cash..I would buy something from the registry and add every single coupon to it..smh!!!

Posted By

chilly313

"I'm Addicted"

1367 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
View

Posted by sujeire

I wouldn't give cash..I would buy something from the registry and add every single coupon to it..smh!!!

Unfortunately there is no registry, otherwise I would definitely do that!

Posted By

Linzee636

Linzee636

lovin' life :)

2049 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/26/2010 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
North Ritz Club - A+++++++++++++

Posted by chilly313

Posted by sujeire

Unfortunately there is no registry, otherwise I would definitely do that!

Buy a gift anyway... definitely don't give cash or a check. Get some kind of engraved frame or something. Regardless of your DH being asked to be in the bridal party, based on their previous gift-giving, that's how I would decide the gift to them. HTH!

Posted By

IrishAli

IrishAli

Married!

11444 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/25/2011 11:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Sans Souci of Sea Cliff

I would get a frame engraved, so they can't return it! Use a coupon. Omg, I cannot even understand why people are so rude with gifts! It is your turn to reciprocate

Posted By

Jmrosa1

Jmrosa1

<3 being a Wife!

5476 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/22/2011 1:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Swan Club

Posted by IrishAli

I would get a frame engraved, so they can't return it! Use a coupon. Omg, I cannot even understand why people are so rude with gifts! It is your turn to reciprocate

Agreed!

Posted By

leesah85

leesah85

I'm a wife! :-D

14484 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
11/4/2011 5:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Crest Hollow Country Club

i would give $100 and call it a day

not worth stressing over - like jill said, $100 is probably double what they spent on your gift so you're being uber generous for their low key wedding

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.
cz necklace

cz necklace
$159.00