real estate update...UPDATED AGAIN!
UPDATE: SO! We have a tenant! He came today and wanted to rent it. He can be flexible with when he moves in so we won't be living in our cars!
Also, we got a call today that the first house we put an offer on that ended up being taken is now if we want it! This crazy. We still LOVE the house we have been offering on now but now we were able to put some pressure on and say 'Hey look, we have another deal ready to go through, time to 's hit or get off the pot!'
This is nuts...keep the prayers coming...its working!!! Thanks girls!
Hi Ladies. I first wanted to say thank you for all of your support and good vibes! I don't have much to report but figured I would fill you ladies in on what has been going on.
After our buyer fell through we decided to put the condo up for rent so that we could confidently move foward with our house purchase plans. The condo went up on Monday and we have 4 possible tenants coming to look between today and Sunday! We are super pleased to hear that.
A couple of weeks ago we found a house that we call our 'forever house.' Meaning, if we get this house we will stay in it forever. it is just so us. We just see ourselves living there forever. We put a bid in on Sunday. The listing agent called ours and told h im that she wanted HIM to formally come and present the offer. This happened on Monday night. Our offer was well within reason but was lower than they had hoped for. Tuesday they counteroffered and we came back with the absolute highest we were willing to go. Yesterday we got an email that the sellers are waiting to hear from the people they are buying from regarding dropping that price who in turn are waiting to hear from the people THEY are buying from. It is a domino effect and I hate it.
Our agent said he can't see this deal not happening for us since the listing expires in 2 weeks and the people need to sell. He said he is 'cautiously optimistic.' Whatever that means. The people we are ultimately waiting on are in Europe until Saturday morning so hopefully this weekend we will have a definite yes or no on whether or not we will be moving into this dream home. If not, we will most likely be living in my car since our condo will probably be rented!
Please continue to send your good vibes our way!!
Thanks!!
-Lauren
Also, we got a call today that the first house we put an offer on that ended up being taken is now if we want it! This crazy. We still LOVE the house we have been offering on now but now we were able to put some pressure on and say 'Hey look, we have another deal ready to go through, time to 's hit or get off the pot!'
This is nuts...keep the prayers coming...its working!!! Thanks girls!
Hi Ladies. I first wanted to say thank you for all of your support and good vibes! I don't have much to report but figured I would fill you ladies in on what has been going on.
After our buyer fell through we decided to put the condo up for rent so that we could confidently move foward with our house purchase plans. The condo went up on Monday and we have 4 possible tenants coming to look between today and Sunday! We are super pleased to hear that.
A couple of weeks ago we found a house that we call our 'forever house.' Meaning, if we get this house we will stay in it forever. it is just so us. We just see ourselves living there forever. We put a bid in on Sunday. The listing agent called ours and told h im that she wanted HIM to formally come and present the offer. This happened on Monday night. Our offer was well within reason but was lower than they had hoped for. Tuesday they counteroffered and we came back with the absolute highest we were willing to go. Yesterday we got an email that the sellers are waiting to hear from the people they are buying from regarding dropping that price who in turn are waiting to hear from the people THEY are buying from. It is a domino effect and I hate it.
Our agent said he can't see this deal not happening for us since the listing expires in 2 weeks and the people need to sell. He said he is 'cautiously optimistic.' Whatever that means. The people we are ultimately waiting on are in Europe until Saturday morning so hopefully this weekend we will have a definite yes or no on whether or not we will be moving into this dream home. If not, we will most likely be living in my car since our condo will probably be rented!
Please continue to send your good vibes our way!!
Thanks!!
-Lauren