Post New Topic

spinoff - girls who bought short sale

enewedding Posted:

spinoff - girls who bought short sale

We are buying a short sale home.
We put in a bid to the homeowners on monday. It was excepted. A friend refered me to a good lawyer and i spoke with him on tuesday night. Yesterday we had the home inspection and although there are issues to major things (such as roof and foundation) the repairs are minor and inexpensive. so we agreed to move forward and have the contract sent to my lawyer.
I just received a call from the lawyers office and they informed me that they received the contract and that my lawyer is now on vacation and wont be back until Feb 3rd.
I am very upset about this cause
1st - he never told me that he was leaving for a week and a half when he agreed to take my case
2nd - we rushed to get everything done so we can get the paperwork to the bank ASAP and now we have to wait until the lawyer get back in a week and a half.
3rd - a week and a half is a long time and someone else can swoop in and go into contract on MY house.

so my question is
Should I get a differant lawyer or wait it out until mine returns?

Mici n KC Posted:

Re: spinoff - girls who bought short sale

I would call the office back and let them know you are very upset about this and want another lawyer to handle it.

MrsHtobe Posted:

Re: spinoff - girls who bought short sale


Posted by Mici n KC

I would call the office back and let them know you are very upset about this and want another lawyer to handle it.



totally. if there is more than one lawyer in the practice it shouldn't be an issue.

If you need an RE lawyer, I can give you mine's name. . .just FM me!
TrueLoveIn2008 Posted:

Re: spinoff - girls who bought short sale

Good luck with the sale!
CD516 Posted:

Re: spinoff - girls who bought short sale

I'm going to play devil's advocate becuase im in the business. DId the bank accept the offer or just the homeowner? Becuase if the bank hasnt accepted it yet ( that could take weeks/months) , then it might not matter if you dont sign contracts until next week. I have had plenty of fully executed contracts on my desk that waited a while still to hear from the sellers bank. Im sure everything will be fine , but these are the answers that might help you decide if you can wait for your attorney. HTH

DIdnt realize that you needed the contract to submit to the bank. I would call the office and see if they have someone else that can work on it.

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.