Post New Topic

what would you do??

Danacm80 Posted:

what would you do??

I got a new job offer....here is the deal... my current company had a pay freeze this year...aka.. no raises for this year. So i started looking for a new job... i was offered one but for only $1500 more than I make now. I decided to take the job since there seems to be more growth potential there and its just a larger company and I'd learn something new within my field... then 2 days after i gave my notice at my current job... my job counter offered me with an extra $5000 on my current salary. I mean.. neither are life changing amounts... but now I am just so confused. I've been at my current job for 4.5 years and i am sad to leave but don't think i want to work there forever either. Do you think if i stayed i would ever get a raise again? I know you girls don't know all the issues but what would you do?

Snowflake08 Posted:

Re: what would you do??

i would make a list of pros and cons for each company

ruzi777 Posted:

Re: what would you do??

It's tough... Are you Happy where you are now???

PegaLega Posted:

Re: what would you do??

I would think about how long it took you to find something else that had potential.

If your current job is willing to offer you something AFTER giving your notice-I would think they consider you and asset in the fact that they had a pay freeze and are offering it to you.

Good Luck with your decision-its always tough to make
ruzi777 Posted:

Re: what would you do??


Posted by PegaLega

I would think about how long it took you to find something else that had potential.

If your current job is willing to offer you something AFTER giving your notice-I would think they consider you and asset in the fact that they had a pay freeze and are offering it to you.

Good Luck with your decision-its always tough to make



Peggie has a Point


Daisy Bride Posted:

Re: what would you do??

Thats a tough one

Maybe you could be honest with the new job & let them know what happened. Tell them you would love a neew opportunity but you are unsure because you were offered a large increase to stay (you dont need to tell them how much) See if they can offer anything better, then make your decision.

I don't know if thats the right thing to do but that's what i would do just to have some more time to think about it & weigh out your options.

I'm sure it's nice to be wanted
kns11 Posted:

Re: what would you do??

I personally would go with the other job opportunity. Although $5000 is a lot considering the company had a pay freeze....you never know what this other company may offer in the long run. Another factors to consider are the work loads & benefit packages, & your commute.

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.