Post New Topic

ATTN:Mexico Honeymoon Girls

evewedsjc Posted:

ATTN:Mexico Honeymoon Girls

My FSIL is a manager for a really large known travel agency and has been in meeting all morning regarding Mexico.

Most airlines and Agencies are honoring changes penalty free before the 12th. Apparently, all parties involved agree that the breakout is on it's way containment and anyone who has come across the virus will be identified will be treated by that point.

the main affected area is mainly Mexico City most resorts are not in that area but yes you do have resort workers etc. Her suggestion was to wait until at least the 12th or if you cannot until Monday they will be able to better report what is going on realistically.

Our CDC has NOT at this point suggested staying out of Mexico...

That all I got lovies...hope it helps!!!

I am int he same boat as you guys and Drug Lords I got NO PROBLEM with but swine and flu is NO BUENO!!!
evewedsjc Posted:

Re: ATTN:Mexico Honeymoon Girls

Sorry clarification is that your trip has to be scheduled to happen on or before the 12th of May...anything scheduled for after will be subject to penalties

allegracristina Posted:

Re: ATTN:Mexico Honeymoon Girls

E, we're scheduled to travel to Isla Mujeres/Cancun area June 11th from Orlando. Right now we're waiting it out to see what happens. We've already looked into changing to DR or Costa Rica if need be. I feel like since I have no penalties or anything, I want to wait a few weeks and see how this pans out. When are you scheduled to travel and where?
pandafish519 Posted:

Re: ATTN:Mexico Honeymoon Girls

my TA just let me know that:

the airline will charge me if i change my flight b/c its still 3 weeks away. and i have until May 7th to change my hotel or i will be charged there too.

I am waiting until monday and then making a decision.
evewedsjc Posted:

Re: ATTN:Mexico Honeymoon Girls

Same area as you and we are scheduled to leave 5/25-6/1
My FSIL said to wait it out until at the very least Monday because if more people traveling after the cut off date are changing they may extend it if need be..but they are foreseeing that it will be under better control and at least we have time to wait it out a little bit.
evewedsjc Posted:

Re: ATTN:Mexico Honeymoon Girls


Posted by pandafish519

my TA just let me know that:

the airline will charge me if i change my flight b/c its still 3 weeks away. and i have until May 7th to change my hotel or i will be charged there too.

I am waiting until monday and then making a decision.



yeah and as she was speaking to me she was getting deals from the Caribbean bc they are cashing in and if necessary they will be SUPER accommodating!

So I will not worry about it too much....there are people moving entire destination wedding as we speak..I am sure we will be happy to be anywhere with the new hubbies and they agencies are not gonna leave us high and dry...they are hurting for every penny as it is...
pandafish519 Posted:

Re: ATTN:Mexico Honeymoon Girls


Posted by evewedsjc


Posted by pandafish519

my TA just let me know that:

the airline will charge me if i change my flight b/c its still 3 weeks away. and i have until May 7th to change my hotel or i will be charged there too.

I am waiting until monday and then making a decision.



yeah and as she was speaking to me she was getting deals from the Caribbean bc they are cashing in and if necessary they will be SUPER accommodating!

So I will not worry about it too much....there are people moving entire destination wedding as we speak..I am sure we will be happy to be anywhere with the new hubbies and they agencies are not gonna leave us high and dry...they are hurting for every penny as it is...



ITA. i was freaking out, but what can i do? if its not safe and they don't think we should go than i'll just have to deal and go somewhere else. i can get a tan anywhere
evewedsjc Posted:

Re: ATTN:Mexico Honeymoon Girls


Posted by pandafish519


Posted by evewedsjc


Posted by pandafish519

my TA just let me know that:

the airline will charge me if i change my flight b/c its still 3 weeks away. and i have until May 7th to change my hotel or i will be charged there too.

I am waiting until monday and then making a decision.



yeah and as she was speaking to me she was getting deals from the Caribbean bc they are cashing in and if necessary they will be SUPER accommodating!

So I will not worry about it too much....there are people moving entire destination wedding as we speak..I am sure we will be happy to be anywhere with the new hubbies and they agencies are not gonna leave us high and dry...they are hurting for every penny as it is...



ITA. i was freaking out, but what can i do? if its not safe and they don't think we should go than i'll just have to deal and go somewhere else. i can get a tan anywhere




Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.