Post New Topic

BM Dress Dilema....

Cacarina Posted:

BM Dress Dilema....

So I went with FSIL to the Wedding Salon of Manhasset today to have her try on the BM dress my MOH and I picked out. When we get there, I told the woman that we only want to try on the Badgley Mischka dress because that is what I decided on. She tells me that they had to pull all the Badgley Mishcka BM gowns from the floor because they got a call from them that they are not taking any more orders!!!! I am devestated, I love the dress and it looks great on everyone! They weren't really clear on what happened, but they said something about Badgley Mischka selling recently... I don't know. They told me not to rule it out just yet and to call back at the end of the month for an update.



I need advice now...should I wait and see what happens with this dress, or do you think I need to start looking for a new dress? I think I probably have some time. When do you think would be the last possible month to order BM dresses for November????
fonz616 Posted:

Re: BM Dress Dilema....

That stinks! But you do have some time, so there's no pressure to rush to find another dress. I would wait and call at the end of the month and in the meantime just keep looking around...you may find a very similar dress by a different designer. So often I have found almost the same exact dress by 2 different designers with slight changes. Sorry!

Cacarina Posted:

Re: BM Dress Dilema....

BUMP because I need advice!!!!

gina409 Posted:

Re: BM Dress Dilema....

i think u should wait n see bm dresses usually take 3 months to come in and i think u have plenty of time..im sorry this happened to u
MrsDrinkh20 Posted:

Re: BM Dress Dilema....

i would wait. I would call the designer and see what the situation was. Perhaps they are being sold elsewhere? I would see if you could get some more info!

MrsDtoBe09 Posted:

Re: BM Dress Dilema....

That really stinks! I was told I should order no later than March and I'm only a day before November so you should have time.

KittyGags Posted:

Re: BM Dress Dilema....

Wait and see. Bridal Reflections told me 4 mos for BM dresses and ours are Lazaro...sooooo if I were you I'd make a decision by July/August

Also call Badgley direct and see whats up?
Mrs B to Be Posted:

Re: BM Dress Dilema....

my Jim Hjelm dresses came in 3 months, they told me it would take 7........i think you have plenty of time, i'd say you have to order by March 1st.

ELluvsMB Posted:

Re: BM Dress Dilema....

call around a few more shops that carry the brand maybe they can tell you something more.

JamDancer Posted:

Re: BM Dress Dilema....

I think you have some time. I'd start looking around but don't make decisions yet until you hear back.

Maybe it was just that store for some reason? Have you tried other stores to see who carries them and see if they can order it for you?
AHimar24 Posted:

Re: BM Dress Dilema....

You definitely have some time, so I would def wait and see. The Wedding Salon of Manhasset is great and reliable so you can trust them.

It wouldn't hurt to start looking around for a fall back in the mean time. You could more than likely order dresses as late as July

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.