I am currently booked at church for a 3:00 ceremony. I received a call on Saturday saying that the church is 'probably' going under major renovations in April. He said they can't guarantee me that it will be done by my wedding in July. Ironically I haven't freaked yet, but should know more Saturday when they are calling me back.
My main issue is I need to mail my invite proof in def by beginning of jan.
Another issue is Saturday weddings in July are so popular...there is no way I'll even find a church available for my date and/or time...
Suggestions?
mrs2012
Posted:
Member since
Re: Church drama...
Posted by Monte0813
I am currently booked at church for a 3:00 ceremony. I received a call on Saturday saying that the church is 'probably' going under major renovations in April. He said they can't guarantee me that it will be done by my wedding in July. Ironically I haven't freaked yet, but should know more Saturday when they are calling me back.
My main issue is I need to mail my invite proof in def by beginning of jan.
Another issue is Saturday weddings in July are so popular...there is no way I'll even find a church available for my date and/or time...
Suggestions?
if you're going to start researching new places, better start now! what church was this? i see your reception is at cb; we're getting married at st patricks in glen cove (which isnt too far). they've been extremely accommodating to us. ive heard good things about st josephs in babylon village (its beautiful) and also st patricks in bayshore - but both of which are a little bit of a drive for you. best of luck - i hope everything works out!!
jtbride2012
Posted:
Member since
Re: Church drama...
What town were you planning on getting married in?
kattus
Posted:
Member since
Re: Church drama...
Oh no- I'm sorry to hear that this is happening, but it sounds like it's going to affect a lot of weddings and other events I wonder ifnthe priest even knew about the renovations before he told you the date was open.
Like the others have said, looknfor another place now, even if you have to change the time, you should still be able to get the day.
bowlergyal
Posted:
Member since
Re: Church drama...
I would start looking for a plan B, and you never know your date may still be available. Good luck! And your proof is just a proof...I'm sure they can change the invitation for location once you confirm adn it is before teh mass production of your invites go into works. Good luck!
bella_bride
Posted:
Member since
Re: Church drama...
Sorry you have to go through this. I would just change churches now for peace of mind. If you wait too long you may not find availability. Does this church really mean a lot to you?
pjt212301
Posted:
Member since
Re: Church drama...
Could you get married in your RH with the priest from your church?
oct13bride
Posted:
Member since
Re: Church drama...
You should atleast start looking now so you know what your options are if he says the church won't be available.
MommaMia
Posted:
Member since
Re: Church drama...
Crashing... We ae getting married at holy spirit in new Hyde park. They have been a amazingly accommodating as we are not parishioners there. Try them. Hth good luck!!
chliekm
Posted:
Member since
Re: Church drama...
I'm sure you had your heart set of this church, but what is worse -- renovations? or not getting married there? if you rather not risk it and can deal with another church then i'd defintiely start looking for another church NOW!!!
SeptemberBride2012
Posted:
Member since
Re: Church drama...
Have they called you back yet?
If they can't accomodate you I would suggest you start calling other churches now and delay when you send in the okay for the proofs.
Stefie82
Posted:
Member since
Re: Church drama...
I am so sorry you are going through this. I have had issues with the church in the past myself. Sometimes it is just eaiser to switch churches.