Post New Topic

Delete

Tomsbride Posted:

Delete

Thanks ladies. I'm going to see what I can do and I'll keep you posted. I'm scared lol

SoonToBeEMM Posted:

Re: I don't knwo what to do

If it was me, i would try to cancel with the guy you just booked and go with the guy you really want. Its worth a try to see if the guy will give you your money back and break contract. Was the down payment a lot of money? Would you be willing to loose it?

Tomsbride Posted:

Re: I don't knwo what to do


Posted by SoonToBeEMM

If it was me, i would try to cancel with the guy you just booked and go with the guy you really want. Its worth a try to see if the guy will give you your money back and break contract. Was the down payment a lot of money? Would you be willing to loose it?



Well the thing is he didn't receive it yet so I can put a stop payment so he can't cash it.
gmcamp Posted:

Re: I don't knwo what to do

Crashing.. hurry up and put a stop payment on the check! Otherwise there's a good chance that you'll always think 'what if' when you watch your video.

jenn_eric Posted:

Re: I don't knwo what to do

I would call the one you booked with ASAP and see if you can cancel and handle it that way. If he won't let you or is unreasonable, and you do not have a contractual obligation to owe him anything then go ahead and put a stop on it.

If it was me though, I would just tell him that a parent decided to book with someone else as a surprise gift, you didn't know about it until now, and are really sorry but could you cancel w/o penalty. And then go with the one you want.

Hope that helps :)
SoonToBeEMM Posted:

Re: I don't knwo what to do

In the morning i would put a stop on the check and then call him right away and explain the situation. I would probably use the story the bride above suggested.

IrishAli Posted:

Re: I don't knwo what to do


Posted by jenn_eric

I would call the one you booked with ASAP and see if you can cancel and handle it that way. If he won't let you or is unreasonable, and you do not have a contractual obligation to owe him anything then go ahead and put a stop on it.

If it was me though, I would just tell him that a parent decided to book with someone else as a surprise gift, you didn't know about it until now, and are really sorry but could you cancel w/o penalty. And then go with the one you want.

Hope that helps :)



This story, but I'd stop the check first thing anyway
MrsKon1111 Posted:

Re: I don't knwo what to do

If it was me...i would totally cancel the other video guy and stop payment on the check and book with the one you love otherwise u might regret it

itbroi805 Posted:

Re: I don't knwo what to do


Posted by jenn_eric

I would call the one you booked with ASAP and see if you can cancel and handle it that way. If he won't let you or is unreasonable, and you do not have a contractual obligation to owe him anything then go ahead and put a stop on it.

If it was me though, I would just tell him that a parent decided to book with someone else as a surprise gift, you didn't know about it until now, and are really sorry but could you cancel w/o penalty. And then go with the one you want.

Hope that helps :)



this!!
NYtherapist Posted:

Re: I don't knwo what to do

Is the vendor in Suffolk? If so, the law that vendors can only keep $100 if you cancel may apply here. Maybe someone else can weigh in because I'm not sure if I'm right about this.

ETA: I'm not sure if the law only applies to RHs.
Royalgem21 Posted:

Re: I don't knwo what to do

You legally have THREE BUSINESS DAYS to cancel a contract in NY state. Just cancel it, they can not do anything about it. Stop payment on the check.

merelynn10 Posted:

Re: I don't knwo what to do

U def want no regrets! I agree w the other girls

leesah85 Posted:

Re: I don't knwo what to do


Posted by IrishAli


Posted by jenn_eric

I would call the one you booked with ASAP and see if you can cancel and handle it that way. If he won't let you or is unreasonable, and you do not have a contractual obligation to owe him anything then go ahead and put a stop on it.

If it was me though, I would just tell him that a parent decided to book with someone else as a surprise gift, you didn't know about it until now, and are really sorry but could you cancel w/o penalty. And then go with the one you want.

Hope that helps :)



This story, but I'd stop the check first thing anyway




yes, this

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.