Dilemma
Hey,
I’m writing this post with a lot of pain in my heart and tears in my eyes. My fiancé and his ex have split for three years in which they both have moved or so we thought. The reason for the break up is, she wanted to be with a friend of his who is married, and now that she has ruin her relationship and he is not willing to leave his wife for her, she decided to take it out on my fiancé. Prior to us moving in together, they both has settle on an agreed amount that he should be paying for both his son and daughter. One of the stipulations I the agreement was for his son's school fee to be split in half. My fiancé didn't want to hide anything so he told her we were moving in together, that's when she decided that she will not pay her half because he is in her term 'Big Balling now.' Upon learning through his mother (who doesn't like me because I refuse to talk negative about her son) she decided to take him to court for child support. With his mother supporting this and insisting that she goes through with the support, she did and the judge awarded way more than my fiancé can pay. Both judges didn't even take in consideration that she makes way more than him. When all the money is deducted from his check, he only brings home $294 every two weeks. This is putting a strain on us because we have rent, con ed, other bills and a wedding (hopefully) to pay for. Then to make matters worst, she doesn't allow my fiancé to see his two children unless it's on her terms, and it's usually when she has to go out or do something. She told him in email that if he wants to see his children he has to come to her home and see them which makes no sense because we have an apartment. We have visited to lawyers in regards to this matter and they told us our case is hopeless not even reviewing out documents in full. One just told knocked us down you would think he was then judge. The ironic thing is both lawyers told us they would take the case, but they doubt anything will change. We decided against it because we can’t waste money that we don't have and when we both are struggling. We honestly don't know what else to do because at a time when we are supposed to be happy, we're being knocked down. I would appreciate any advice or suggestion on how to handle this matter from anyone.
Thanks in advance.
I’m writing this post with a lot of pain in my heart and tears in my eyes. My fiancé and his ex have split for three years in which they both have moved or so we thought. The reason for the break up is, she wanted to be with a friend of his who is married, and now that she has ruin her relationship and he is not willing to leave his wife for her, she decided to take it out on my fiancé. Prior to us moving in together, they both has settle on an agreed amount that he should be paying for both his son and daughter. One of the stipulations I the agreement was for his son's school fee to be split in half. My fiancé didn't want to hide anything so he told her we were moving in together, that's when she decided that she will not pay her half because he is in her term 'Big Balling now.' Upon learning through his mother (who doesn't like me because I refuse to talk negative about her son) she decided to take him to court for child support. With his mother supporting this and insisting that she goes through with the support, she did and the judge awarded way more than my fiancé can pay. Both judges didn't even take in consideration that she makes way more than him. When all the money is deducted from his check, he only brings home $294 every two weeks. This is putting a strain on us because we have rent, con ed, other bills and a wedding (hopefully) to pay for. Then to make matters worst, she doesn't allow my fiancé to see his two children unless it's on her terms, and it's usually when she has to go out or do something. She told him in email that if he wants to see his children he has to come to her home and see them which makes no sense because we have an apartment. We have visited to lawyers in regards to this matter and they told us our case is hopeless not even reviewing out documents in full. One just told knocked us down you would think he was then judge. The ironic thing is both lawyers told us they would take the case, but they doubt anything will change. We decided against it because we can’t waste money that we don't have and when we both are struggling. We honestly don't know what else to do because at a time when we are supposed to be happy, we're being knocked down. I would appreciate any advice or suggestion on how to handle this matter from anyone.
Thanks in advance.