I've been reading up on everyone's posts and comments on blocking hotel rooms and I'm having a tough time deciding what to do. Glen Cove mansion is about 15 mins from my RH, and we were quoted $179/nt. However, I've read that despite the grounds being beautiful for photo ops, the room themselves are quite average given the price. Plus they are not willing to hold any suites for me until 1 month before the date!!
My second option is the Four Points Sheraton which is about 25 mins away from RH, and costs less. Reviews sound mixed, but sounds like the rooms are at least new, clean and spacious. Plus I can book the suites in advance.
I feel like I'm leaning towards Four Points right now... but have also read decent reviews on the Hilton Garden Inn as well as La Quinta Inn. How do these two hotels compare to the Four Points? I plan on staying with my OOT guests/family in the same hotel so am concerned about the 'average-ness' of rooms at Glen Cove...what do you ladies think?
Annoulak
Posted:
Member since
Re: Figuring out Hotel situation..What would you do?
I would highly recommend visiting each of these hotels in person, especially since they're close to each other.
futuremrsfab
Posted:
Member since
Re: Figuring out Hotel situation..What would you do?
my reception hall is in a similar area & I booked La Quinta- its a little further but I felt it offered my guests more- free breakfast, snacks at night, shuttle to the rh, plus you get a $150 credit for every 15 rooms you book that you can use towards a suite
korndoggie
Posted:
Member since
Re: Figuring out Hotel situation..What would you do?
My guests stayed at Four Points. It was great. They were wonderful to work with and I heard a lot of positive feedback from my guests.
irishgrl1017
Posted:
Member since
Re: Figuring out Hotel situation..What would you do?
I was in the same boat. We are getting married at the Swan Club and we finally decided on the GlenCove Mansion. We decided on this place b/c the pub upstairs and just the atmosphere was really nice However, we had to book a min. of 10 rooms and they will not let us know about the suite until the month before...so I said forget that, and we just booked a reg. room We went back and forth but so far I have been happy with the decision
LeeLee111
Posted:
Member since
Re: Figuring out Hotel situation..What would you do?
I blocked rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn, the rooms were very decently priced and clean.
MOB08
Posted:
Member since
Re: Figuring out Hotel situation..What would you do?
I would recommend visiting the local hotels that you are interested in. My daughter lives OOT so I went and checked out the local hotels (many of which you mentioned). All of them allowed me to go in and check out the different types of rooms (some even the suites if they weren't occupied).
michesq
Posted:
Member since
Re: Figuring out Hotel situation..What would you do?
went with glen cove mansion too as it was convenient and the plusses outweighed the minueses
jchen129
Posted:
Member since
Re: Figuring out Hotel situation..What would you do?
Thanks so much for everyone's help.. I think I will just have to take a trip out there to check out the hotels in person. Oh to live in NJ... but get married in LI...
PegaLega
Posted:
Member since
Re: Figuring out Hotel situation..What would you do?
I would definitely take a day to go and visit them-the hotel we intended on booking gave us horrible service the day we went to visit so that one was off the list, going to each place will help you narrow it down