Post New Topic

Florist Dilemma--please help

amy0405 Posted:

Florist Dilemma--please help

This decision is causing me grief. Let me explain. I want the florist to do the lights and tulle above the dance floor, in a short amount of time so this completely narrows my choices. So whoever I choose, I want to be 100% confident they can pull it off. Here is my dilemma between two florists, without using names:

Florist A---I liked them a lot, confident they would do a wonderful job

Florist B--ehhh, they seemed alright. One of the workers there was yelling at a customer on the phone, then proceeded to tell the people he was meeting with the phone customers business. There are mixed reviews about them here. Im pretty confident the lights will come out fine, its the flowers I have some concern over. They do a lot of weddings, maybe too many.(I am doing my own c-pieces so this is not a concern for me, its only bouquets)

Florist B's quote was $600 LESS than Florist A. That is a lot of $$. Who do I go with?

Any feedback would help. I apologize if this is confusing.
jcova1019 Posted:

Re: Florist Dilemma--please help

$600 is a lot of money. But ultimately, you have to go with the place you feel most comfortable with. If you feel 100% comfortable with Florist B and confident that they will do a good job, go with them. On your wedding day, you do not want to worry about whether or not the job will get done. I'm finding in my own planning that not all of these wedding vendors have good people skills but we have been going with the reputation of the companies. If they have a good reputation, we have been foing with them. Good luck with your decision.

Nora101004 Posted:

Re: Florist Dilemma--please help

Can florist A work with you on the price since you got such a lower price from B?

NYCMeghan Posted:

Re: Florist Dilemma--please help

can you go to florist one and negotiate with them - tell them that you ultimately want to go with them but the price difference is a concern - while you don't expect them to meet the other quote can they offer some flexibility?

wenndypoo Posted:

Re: Florist Dilemma--please help

Yes, $600 is alot of money. Sure, you could save money by going with a florist you feel 'ehhh' about, has mixed reviews, questionable professionalism, and whose work you're not too confident in. The way I see it, you are also paying for peace of mind.

Is there a third option? Will florist A negotiate?
Latina511 Posted:

Re: Florist Dilemma--please help

I personnally would go with A even though $600 is alot BUT my mind would be at ease. During this process you don't want to be doubting your florist. Sometimes it pays just to be stress free.
kathleenmarie Posted:

Re: Florist Dilemma--please help

I would tell A you really want to work with them, and b quoted you 600 less. Do they think they could give you that price or close to it?? otherwise pay the 600.00!

amy0405 Posted:

Re: Florist Dilemma--please help

Thanks for all advice. As I was posting this, Florist A called to see if I was happy with them. I told them the situation. The woman asked who the second quote was, and I was throroughly impressed that she DID NOT speak ill of the competition, which I have experienced elsewhere. She instead assured me that her florist be the right decision. They did negotiate with me, came down a little in price, no tax. It looks like the decision is made!!
CutieLipps Posted:

Re: Florist Dilemma--please help


Posted by wenndypoo

The way I see it, you are also paying for peace of mind.




I second that! See if youcan talk them down, but I'd rather pay more and have peace of mind.
mich Posted:

Re: Florist Dilemma--please help

oh good I'm glad it worked out. I think sometimes you need to go with your gut feeling with these things!

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.