Did you wait until your child was exactly a year old?? Did you just switch cold turkey? My DH wants to 'just put' Alex on whole milk... I see no problem in TRYING it, (alex is 11 months) because he has been eating EVERYTHING earlier than his doctors thought... But I knw that one of the things that they are specific about is whole milk...
What do youladies suggest??
phyl
Posted:
Member since
Re: ? for BTDT moms-- Whole milk
What I did is I started mixing whole milk and formula in Julianne's bottles. Started it when she was about 2 weeks away from her 1st bday.
for 3 days I gave her 6oz formula, 2oz milk. Then I went three days 4 oz formula, 3 oz milk..the next 3 days 3 oz formula and 4 oz milk..
by her bday she was on 100% milk.
This way the baby's tummy has time to adjust to the milk. BTW, she wound up getting 3-4 blowouts each morning after going on milk...and had a mean diaper rash- triple paste ointment finally cured her...and it took about a WEEK of using htat paste..
good luck...I advise easing the baby on to milk
Victoria
Posted:
Member since
Re: ? for BTDT moms-- Whole milk
I eased Annalise onto milk the same way as Phyl did for Julianne. I started when she was just over 11 months and by her 1 yr. appt. the dr. said no need to mix anymore.
2003OCT10
Posted:
Member since
Re: ? for BTDT moms-- Whole milk
So should I wait a few more weeks.. or start mixing soon? Thanks for the helpful advice!
2003OCT10
Posted:
Member since
Re: ? for BTDT moms-- Whole milk
*bump* sorry.. Just wanted to know if I should wait a few more weeks of start soon...
Victoria
Posted:
Member since
Re: ? for BTDT moms-- Whole milk
Sorry. I am on dialup today so my post never made it up. You can start now. I would base it on how much formula you have left. Try to make it last until his BD so you don't have to buy any more.
Elizabeth
Posted:
Member since
Re: ? for BTDT moms-- Whole milk
I waited till Luke was 1 year old and I switched him cold turkey per his pediatrician. No problems.
ETA: OMG I've been replying to post lately and not even answering the question. DUH! I would personally wait for the go ahead from the pediatrician.