Post New Topic

Frustrated... What should I do?

AMGBride2008 Posted:

Frustrated... What should I do?

I called my church to set up an appt. with the priest to schedule our ceromony a little over 2 weeks ago. I was informed by the rectory receptionist that the priest 'on duty' would call me back to set something up.... I'm still waiting for his phone call. I called Monday just to remind them that I'm waiting for a phone call... I know it's only Wed., two days later, but I'm stil waiting.
I'm going to a tasting tonight at the RH that FH & I want to have our reception... we were hoping to put down a deposit for our date tonight but don't want to 'step on the toes' of our church (from my understanding, the church must be booked first). I know I have 2 years until my wedding and plenty of time to book things, but I know that my RH has already started booking for 2008... I don't want my date to get scooped up.
What do I do here?!?
kris01 Posted:

Re: Frustrated... What should I do?

I totally understand your frustration It took my priest almost a week to call me back.
Can you try and stop in the rectory and talk to the priest/receptionist face to face. Sometime when they see a face to a name they are more likely to speak with you and call you back. You can even ask the priest after mass on Sat/Sun if you know them and ask if they can help you.

Also - if you book the RH before the church - DO NOT let the church know. They will get kind of upset with you if you do this.....

Good Luck!!!

-Kris
cherryj24 Posted:

Re: Frustrated... What should I do?

you can ask your RH for a couple of dates that are still available and then find out from your church. I would give them until friday or so and then go in in person.

AMGBride2008 Posted:

Re: Frustrated... What should I do?

I was planning on talking to him after mass this past Sunday but plans changed and FH & I ended up going to Sat. evening mass. The priest is always changing with each mass... you never know who is going to be doing which mass....
If I don't hear from him by the end of the week, I'll definitely be tracking him down! Hope he knows how to deal with a stalker
I think for now, I'll put my date on hold, but they can only hold it for 7 days, so lets hope something happens between now and 7 days from now.
DandS Posted:

Re: Frustrated... What should I do?

I would try to stop by and talk to them face to face. Even if the receptionist can pencil you in until you speak with the priest, that might work. I would call again or stop by and just explain your situation with going to the RH tonight and you wanted to book something, but you did not want to do it before booking the Church.

Chrissywish Posted:

Re: Frustrated... What should I do?

can you put a deposit down on your hall, and in the contract, put pending date uproval upon the church???

this way if something falls through with the church you can still get your deposit back,but you will be holding the date at the hall
AMGBride2008 Posted:

Re: Frustrated... What should I do?

Not a bad idea.

waterspout4 Posted:

Re: Frustrated... What should I do?

We didn't need the priest to book the church. We just went to the rectory and put the deposit down. Do they say you need to talk with him first?

AMGBride2008 Posted:

Re: Frustrated... What should I do?


Posted by waterspout4

We didn't need the priest to book the church. We just went to the rectory and put the deposit down. Do they say you need to talk with him first?



Yes, they said we need to schedule an appt with him.
EGreene79 Posted:

Re: Frustrated... What should I do?


Posted by KimAMalone


Posted by waterspout4

We didn't need the priest to book the church. We just went to the rectory and put the deposit down. Do they say you need to talk with him first?



Yes, they said we need to schedule an appt with him.



I had this same situation. I called every day, and had my mom stop by (I don't live on LI). They still didn't get back, so I set a tentative date with the hall, called the hall the evening before I met with the church and got a list of available dates around my initial date, and when I met with the priest I gave him the date I was interested and luckily it was available. But I was prepared with other dates in case that didn't work out.
Mrs.CM Posted:

Re: Frustrated... What should I do?

The same thing happened with me. Finally I called and said that I need to book the reception hall becaue they won't hold the date any longer and can I please get an appointment as soon as possible. The priest called me back the next day and the next week I had an appointment. I still went and booked my RH anyway. I told the priest. He didn't seem to mind. He asked me and I answered honestly. I said they wouldn't hold the date any longer and I didn't want to lose it. I felt bad lying so I didn't, but I hear it is best not to tell the priest that you booked the hall first. Are you set on that church? FH and I didn't care if we got married in my church so we were flexible with that and just wanted to get our RH and date booked. Good luck!

CLMon7906 Posted:

Re: Frustrated... What should I do?


Posted by kris01

I totally understand your frustration It took my priest almost a week to call me back.
Can you try and stop in the rectory and talk to the priest/receptionist face to face. Sometime when they see a face to a name they are more likely to speak with you and call you back. You can even ask the priest after mass on Sat/Sun if you know them and ask if they can help you.

Also - if you book the RH before the church - DO NOT let the church know. They will get kind of upset with you if you do this.....

Good Luck!!!

-Kris



I agree with this...it's hard to ignore a person standing there....this was always my first line of defense when dealing with stubborn vendors.
AMGBride2008 Posted:

Re: Frustrated... What should I do?

All great advice.
Thanks!!!!!!!
Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.