Post New Topic

Honeymoon advice!!!!

dakotamoon1980 Posted:

Honeymoon advice!!!!

Hi everyone,
I've had my honeymoon booked now for months, but im a little worried about that volcano that keeps going off. We will be traveling to London and Paris the first week of November. I keep hearing that the volcano will continue to send clouds of ash up and delay flights. i dont know if i should cancel my honeymoon and look somewhere else or keep it the way it is. I need everyone's advice on what they would do please!!!!
brooklynbrideliboy Posted:

Re: Honeymoon advice!!!!

I am going to Europe the month before you and I am not canceling...I think it will be fine..also the airlines will compensate you or arrange for another flight

lisagail55 Posted:

Re: Honeymoon advice!!!!

I'm going to Europe (JFK to Dublin to Rome) in September and I'm not worried. Anything can delay a flight (what if it rains? what is a family of geese is crossing the tarmac?) - it's a risk we must take!

springsandra Posted:

Re: Honeymoon advice!!!!

I just returned from 10 days in Ireland and they made it work, although the flight was waaaaay longer than it was originally supposed to be. Our flight back was on Saturday and our airline canceled the flight from Shannon airport and instead bused us to Dublin (4 hours on a bus) then flew AROUND the ash. A flight that's usually 6 - 6 1/2 hrs took 9 1/2 (plus 2 hours on the plane beforehand to add extra fuel).

It ended up being totally fine and really wasn't that much trouble. I was just glad we weren't stuck longer.

You can't really put your life on hold because of this volcano. By the time you're going, they'll have many contingency plans in place and may even have figure out safe ways to fly through or over the ash cloud. I wouldn't worry and would just create your dream plans for your HM and not check again until that week.

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.