Post New Topic

Honeymoon decision-help!

julybride444 Posted:

Honeymoon decision-help!

We have to decide today if we want a flight to Fiji that's from Aug. 18th to Sept. 1st or Aug. 18th to the 4th. I can't decide! We have 7 nights at a resort and are going to wing it from there.....my fiance might get homesick! We're spending a night in LA on the way there and the way back...plus, I'll miss the first week of school if we come back on the 4th, but I think my profs will be fine with it (they all know me). What do you think? Our budget is already stretched, but once we're there it wouldn't cost that much more to stay, right? And-we'll probably never be there again, I'd just hate to be kicking myself on the plane b/c we could have stayed longer!

Jordan Posted:

Re: Honeymoon decision-help!

Even though you lose a day travelling...I think 2 weeks is an awesome length of time to honeymoon...so I'd say stay until the 1st.

We're looking into Fiji as well...would you mind telling me where you're staying?
julybride444 Posted:

Re: Honeymoon decision-help!

We got a great package off of www.luxurylink.com at the Jean Michel Cousteau resort. Check out the website:)

Sunny Posted:

Re: Honeymoon decision-help!

I would come back on the 1st. I tend to get homesick- so does fh. Missing the first week of class turns out to be a lot of trouble, even if you can get away with it. It stresses me out too much!

kelly6273 Posted:

Re: Honeymoon decision-help!

I also think that the first would be plenty of time!

Jordan Posted:

Re: Honeymoon decision-help!

Oooh, thanks Moria (love your name, btw) - that resort looks amazing (from the brochure I rcvd). Thanks for the tip! (We're still leaning heavily towards Bora Bora but Fiji is just so beautiful too!)

Samanthas Mom Posted:

Re: Honeymoon decision-help!

its plenty of time, your lucky, I only had a week off of work

NYCMeghan Posted:

Re: Honeymoon decision-help!

if it were me I'd stay the extra days. When are you ever going to get to Fiji again???

julybride444 Posted:

Re: Honeymoon decision-help!

thanks! bump.

christine1221 Posted:

Re: Honeymoon decision-help!

We had a two week HM in Hawaii & honestly .... I wish it could've been longer. The flights are so exhausting that I don't think I really got going until the 3rd day I was there. I would say if you can swing it, do it ... you'll be glad for the extra time to relax. It's not likely that you'll ever go back.

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.