Post New Topic

Honeymoon Dilema - need opinions

AJsMommy122 Posted:

Honeymoon Dilema - need opinions

Since we are getting married the Sunday before presidents day and travel is pretty expensive at that time of the year ( esp. that week b/c schools are closed)
So my question is if you had the option would you get a less expensive room ( originally wanted the top suite at the hotel) and leave the day after the wedding, or still get the the best suite and leave exactly 1 week after your wedding day??

FLaCaTaCa Posted:

Re: Honeymoon Dilema - need opinions

I am seriously all for leaving the very next day! Everyone tells me I am going to be tired and all but I just wanna go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I would go for a cheaper room....not cheap cheap but just cheaper.
dkwife Posted:

Re: Honeymoon Dilema - need opinions

Defintely leave one week later... I would so much rather have the better suite...JMO

aimerliny Posted:

Re: Honeymoon Dilema - need opinions

I would wait and go the week later. Will you go back to work? Can you and FH go someplace local for a few days as a pre-honeymoon?

AJsMommy122 Posted:

Re: Honeymoon Dilema - need opinions


Posted by aimerliny

I would wait and go the week later. Will you go back to work? Can you and FH go someplace local for a few days as a pre-honeymoon?



Yes we would both have to go back to work but im only part time so its not so bad. I will definitly be taking the next day after the wedding off though! We can go to a hotel that night and then we would come home and spend the week with our son before leaving.
FeliciaDA Posted:

Re: Honeymoon Dilema - need opinions

Personally speaking, I would take a week off and leave the following week .. your HM is so special, i'd want to splurge totally!

but then again, I'm probably saying that because that is basically what we are doing! (married on Sunday, and leaving the following Friday on our cruise)
butterfly91804 Posted:

Re: Honeymoon Dilema - need opinions

I would take the day off after the wedding and then leave the next week -- the celebration will be extended that way
AJsMommy122 Posted:

Re: Honeymoon Dilema - need opinions

Thanks everyone
Its such a hard decision b/c why I always thought we would definitly leave the next morning and be REALLY newlyweds ( like the week makes the big difference lol but you know what I mean) it kind of makes sence to get home, relax, sort out expenses, send out thank yous, deposit $$, get my dress cleaned and preserved, etc. Instead of having to get back from the HM and deal with all of it...
Summer05 Posted:

Re: Honeymoon Dilema - need opinions

I would wait the week, that way airports and resorts will be less crowed and you can get the best room!!

I think we are going to wait a few days... I dont want to come back from a nice relaxing HM and have tons of post-wedding things to do!!
CubanBride Posted:

Re: Honeymoon Dilema - need opinions

I would go with a slighty less expensive room and leave that next day. Really, I don't feel the room makes your honeymoon as much as the overall location and what you will be doing.

MegLehner Posted:

Re: Honeymoon Dilema - need opinions

I would go 1 week later. You dont want to be in just a regular ole room for your HM

Spitzergirl Posted:

Re: Honeymoon Dilema - need opinions


Posted by Soon2bMsZ

Since we are getting married the Sunday before presidents day and travel is pretty expensive at that time of the year ( esp. that week b/c schools are closed)
So my question is if you had the option would you get a less expensive room ( originally wanted the top suite at the hotel) and leave the day after the wedding, or still get the the best suite and leave exactly 1 week after your wedding day??




THAT IS A TOUCH DECISION


Wow....I would go for the top, leave one week later. At least you will be well rested.

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.