I am looking to send out hotel info with the thank yous from the e-party and the save the dates. A lot of them won't give pricing yet. Its april 2011. Anyone else having this problem?
FutureJOC
Posted:
Member since
Re: Hotels
I won't be able to block our rooms until 50 weeks before the date, which works out nicely because that's the last week in May and I wasn't planning on sending out my STDs until end of May/early June. I already have the hotel info cards made to send with my STDs so I'm just waiting until they are officially blocked before sending them out.
jenn_eric
Posted:
Member since
Re: Hotels
We've had no problems getting quotes, and some have told us to book now to lock in the price that they're currently offering.
harts2976
Posted:
Member since
Re: Hotels
Posted by jenn_eric
We've had no problems getting quotes, and some have told us to book now to lock in the price that they're currently offering.
what hotels are you using?
FutureMrsDe
Posted:
Member since
Re: Hotels
By next month you should be able to get pricing , its usually a full year you have to wait. I may send mine with the save the dates just to out of towners.
pjc92980
Posted:
Member since
Re: Hotels
The Marriott told me the same thing (can only give rates 11 months in advance), however Hilton is able to give you pricing earlier.
jenn_eric
Posted:
Member since
Re: Hotels
Posted by harts2976
Posted by jenn_eric
We've had no problems getting quotes, and some have told us to book now to lock in the price that they're currently offering.
what hotels are you using?
We haven't booked yet, but we're deciding between the 'stagger inn' (next to CB) and the Inn at Fox Hollow. Hopefully I can take care of booking tomorrow.
TheFutureMrs2011
Posted:
Member since
Re: Hotels
Had this problem.. They wont give me rates till May 2011 anywhere.. So I put our wedding website on the STD and have an area for hotel info and I wrote, will update in may 2010.. Really s u c k s because I wanted to put a hotel info card in with the STD but I really dont want to wait to send them so oh well....
harts2976
Posted:
Member since
Re: Hotels
Posted by jenn_eric
Posted by harts2976
Posted by jenn_eric
We've had no problems getting quotes, and some have told us to book now to lock in the price that they're currently offering.
what hotels are you using?
We haven't booked yet, but we're deciding between the 'stagger inn' (next to CB) and the Inn at Fox Hollow. Hopefully I can take care of booking tomorrow.
They gave you quotes?
jenn_eric
Posted:
Member since
Re: Hotels
Posted by harts2976
Posted by jenn_eric
Posted by harts2976
Posted by jenn_eric
We've had no problems getting quotes, and some have told us to book now to lock in the price that they're currently offering.
what hotels are you using?
We haven't booked yet, but we're deciding between the 'stagger inn' (next to CB) and the Inn at Fox Hollow. Hopefully I can take care of booking tomorrow.
They gave you quotes?
Both did yes. They also seemed to indicate that I should go ahead and book as soon as I decided how many rooms I need.
Lisalana
Posted:
Member since
Re: Hotels
Try as much as you can to get them to give out early pricing. We booked our blocks 15 months out, and were able to get a great deal because they had 100% availability. Our rooms ended up being $40 cheaper because we booked them so early.
rendel
Posted:
Member since
Re: Hotels
They couldn't give me them either!!
ellie424
Posted:
Member since
Re: Hotels
I didn't have a problem getting quotes from a bunch of hotels, and I ultimately blocked off my rooms last month. However, the hotels I was looking into were around the Ronkonkoma/Hauppauge area.
kshea23
Posted:
Member since
Re: Hotels
we just signed our contract today, and they had no issues giving me pricing for April 2011. They even offered free shuttle service with a total of 8 trips (4 to the reception and 4 from the reception), and the bridal suite for half the price.