Lets say you go meet with a band, like them and tell them you're thinking about booking with them. They send you a contract but you dont sign it yet, and happen to find a band that may be better and/or cheaper. (This sort of situation can happen all the time... with a makeup trial, hair trial... whatever) Do you ladies let the other group know that you will no longer be booking with them? or do you kind of leave them hanging so that they figure it out. Kind of sounds like a break up... when a guy just stops calling haha I mean you dont want to be rude or make the vendor feel bad, but isnt it better to let them know so they could open the date up for other business?? let me know your thoughts ladies!
stefandken
Posted:
Member since
Re: how do you handle this situation?
yea i think its a good idea to let them know... just in case they are holding the date
RitasEngaged
Posted:
Member since
Re: how do you handle this situation?
Posted by stefandken
yea i think its a good idea to let them know... just in case they are holding the date[/QUOTE
agreed
Espo22
Posted:
Member since
Re: how do you handle this situation?
Well most likely they will contact you though so keep that in mind. Something sorta similar happened to me. I hadnt met with photographers and saw one photographer at a bridal show and made an appt to meet with them, but the appt i had to set weeks from that time. WEll in the meantime i discovered my photographer, and knew then and there thats who I wanted. After that I knew I wasnt going to meet with the other photographer although I had an appt with them bc it would just waste my time and the photographers time. They called me and I just nicely said ' i am sorry but we actually decided to go with another photographer' it was weird bc the lady started asking me 'well who did you book with then' i didnt think it was any of her business and why would it matter
RockysGirl
Posted:
Member since
Re: how do you handle this situation?
when i first began booking halls, I had kind of told one place that I was interested. The same thing happened, he gave me a contract to take home & go over and he kind of penciled in the date, but it definitely wasn't SET yet. In the meantime, I ended up finding a better hall - sooo much more for the money! But i didn't wanna leave the other hall hanging, because i know that he had penciled in the date and would probably be holding it for me. I called them up and left a message, not really saying that i got a different hall, just that there's a change in the date and I won't be booking with them at this time. I think they called me back, but I never answered. lol. I get awkward with those kinds of situations. I'm not a good liar, and i feel bad canceling.
so yes - definitely let the other vendors know if there's a change in plans. It's just common courteousy.
FuTuRe MrS MaZz
Posted:
Member since
Re: how do you handle this situation?
I did this w/ the cigar roller.. they sent me a contract and then we decided not to have one at all so i sent em back an email saying we werent gettin this anymore and and they could release the date .... never got back to me so im guessing there was no issues lol i think its the right thing to do
kellylee418
Posted:
Member since
Re: how do you handle this situation?
I would just send them an email and thank them for their time and that you decided to move in a different direction. It is nice to just let them know. Otherwise, they might call you a few times and then it becomes even more uncomfortable.
pooh57362
Posted:
Member since
Re: how do you handle this situation?
Usually they'll wait like a week and then contact you to see if you've made a decision. But you might want to call them anyway and get it over with.
sophisticat13
Posted:
Member since
Re: how do you handle this situation?
I had this situation with a videographer. I liked his work but FH didn't...so in the meantime we met with another one (Fh's best man's brother-in-law) and hired them. The first videographer emailed me and I told him very nicely that we had decided to with someone else. He was very gracious about it. A quick email is probably the 'safest' way to go
lovelee
Posted:
Member since
Re: how do you handle this situation?
I just know SO many girls that DONT let them know, and i think it is rude.... i know its a tough situation to get around, but I feel like in the end the vendor would appreciate the truth more.
lizzie217
Posted:
Member since
Re: how do you handle this situation?
I'd let them know of course it would be uncomfortable but def the nicer thing to do..good luck
JenBill61210
Posted:
Member since
Re: how do you handle this situation?
IMO i would let them know that you've decided to go with another vendor but that you appreciate that they took the time to meet with you, etc. I just think its better you let them know instead of not getting back to them, like someone else said, they may be holding the date.
wo0shply
Posted:
Member since
Re: how do you handle this situation?
yes I would let them know just in case they're holding the date.
christine2010
Posted:
Member since
Re: how do you handle this situation?
since they sent you a contract they are probally holding the date for you so i think a polite phone call is in order. you can always say turns out someone is giving it to you as a gift is you feel bad canceling on them.
stinenandy2010
Posted:
Member since
Re: how do you handle this situation?
yea i would let them know....the way I look at it is, your not the first person this has happened to - they hear it all the time, its part of the business.
Opera_Ghost
Posted:
Member since
Re: how do you handle this situation?
I'd call to let them know that they can release my date because I booked with another band.
If they do get nosey ans ask why (yes i've gotten a 'can i ask why?') I simply that say FH couldn't come to an agreement on booking with them, so we decided to go with a vendor we both could agree on.
Or if the issue was they were more expensive tell them that you founda vendor more in your budget that you can afford.. sometimes they will meet that price or beat it. Worth a shot.
But honesty you don't need to give them a reason. Though you let them know if you aren't going to be using them.
Yankees2323
Posted:
Member since
Re: how do you handle this situation?
i would let them know... its only fair in case they are holding ur date