Post New Topic

I need advice..please

MrsK-in-June05 Posted:

I need advice..please

So we moved the wedding to Saturday night so it would be more convienent for the OT's and we are so excited. ALL of my vendors said no problem.
I got a call 2 mins ago from the band about how one of the singers booked the 4th after I booked it and they want me to move it back to Sunday. This would not be an issue, had my Rabbi already rescheduled something to fit me in on Saturday. I would feel like crap telling her, 'Thanks for going thru all that, can you move it back?'
Yes, I am positive I had the band first for Sat. June 4. What do I do?
allaboutthecake Posted:

Re: I need advice..please

I would be so upset. We changed our date b/c we wanted it to be on a Saturday as well. Can you talk to the band again? Can they change the singer...or is the whole band booked?

MrsK-in-June05 Posted:

Re: I need advice..please


Posted by allaboutthecake

I would be so upset. We changed our date b/c we wanted it to be on a Saturday as well. Can you talk to the band again? Can they change the singer...or is the whole band booked?



The woman singer took it upon herself to double book the band. I am pissed, I told her I would wait for FH to come home. He is in sales and will know exactly what to tell her about contracts and clients. I am an accountant!!! I don't want him to get involved cause he will be hella pissed!!
allaboutthecake Posted:

Re: I need advice..please

I would be pissed too!! Did you have the contract for that Saturday??? I can't believe that they would ask you to switch the date...why don't they ask the other wedding to switch the date.

MrsK-in-June05 Posted:

Re: I need advice..please


Posted by allaboutthecake

I would be pissed too!! Did you have the contract for that Saturday??? I can't believe that they would ask you to switch the date...why don't they ask the other wedding to switch the date.



I had the new contract faxed and signed! That is why its ridiculous. The singer says she booked it first. Which is crap. I want the other female singer to come if she is gonna have an attitude anyways.
MrsK-in-June05 Posted:

Re: I need advice..please

I may sound a bit biatchy but I have had one long week rebooking everything. I also put my car under a truck on the LIE. So...instead of fixing the car, I just keep saving money for the wedding. And yes...I want this band and I will kick butt to keep it!!!

allaboutthecake Posted:

Re: I need advice..please

WOW. I cannot believe that!! They are basically asking you....not telling you to switch the date....just say no. How can the singer book it first?? Do they each get a commission on who books what...which could be why she is pushing it. They would not have faxed out the contract if they had another one pending...which ever contract was signed first should be it....I can't believe that they would try to pull that. Just have your FI tell them that he already changed a number of things...and signed the contract for other vendors and he will not be able to switch the date.

slwh2005 Posted:

Re: I need advice..please


Posted by allaboutthecake

WOW. I cannot believe that!! They are basically asking you....not telling you to switch the date....just say no. How can the singer book it first?? Do they each get a commission on who books what...which could be why she is pushing it. They would not have faxed out the contract if they had another one pending...which ever contract was signed first should be it....I can't believe that they would try to pull that. Just have your FI tell them that he already changed a number of things...and signed the contract for other vendors and he will not be able to switch the date.



I totally agree. If you have a contract saying you have the date, then that's that! They have to honor that. Just tell them there is no way you can change it back. Stick to your guns!
KimberlyBride Posted:

Re: I need advice..please

I would definitely keep the Saturday and if they cannot play then demand you get your deposit back and get a new band. That stinks big time.
DebMaher Posted:

Re: I need advice..please


Posted by MrsK-in-June05

I may sound a bit biatchy but I have had one long week rebooking everything. I also put my car under a truck on the LIE. So...instead of fixing the car, I just keep saving money for the wedding. And yes...I want this band and I will kick butt to keep it!!!


Totally bogus! Raise hell, Emily -- they cannot do that.
MrsK-in-June05 Posted:

Re: I need advice..please

Well, I got Mr. Sales/FH to call them and tell them he refuses to look like an idiot in changing the date again. He also said that we booked them in March and if this is how they run a business he wants his money back in full tommorrow delivered to office. Mr. Sales rocks..he gets a salary but also commission so he says what is needed to be said in a polite way. I wanted to tell them to kiss it and shove it where the sun dont shine!

So...they will call us back within the hour to let him know the verdict. He said they will perform at our wedding..end of discussion. He doesn't care if he has to crash someone elses wedding to get them to perform for us!
DebMaher Posted:

Re: I need advice..please

You are so in the right -- let 'em DANGLE!

Dooodles Posted:

Re: I need advice..please

Emily,
While I am glad to hear Mr. Sales took care of everything and am happy for you,
Are you okay after putting your car under a truck?!?!?!?
May05Bride Posted:

Re: I need advice..please


Posted by MrsK-in-June05


Posted by allaboutthecake

I would be so upset. We changed our date b/c we wanted it to be on a Saturday as well. Can you talk to the band again? Can they change the singer...or is the whole band booked?



The woman singer took it upon herself to double book the band. I am pissed, I told her I would wait for FH to come home. He is in sales and will know exactly what to tell her about contracts and clients. I am an accountant!!! I don't want him to get involved cause he will be hella pissed!!



If the singer double booked, that should get you out of the contract. Just get another band!
MrsK-in-June05 Posted:

Re: I need advice..please


Posted by May05Bride


Posted by MrsK-in-June05


Posted by allaboutthecake

I would be so upset. We changed our date b/c we wanted it to be on a Saturday as well. Can you talk to the band again? Can they change the singer...or is the whole band booked?



The woman singer took it upon herself to double book the band. I am pissed, I told her I would wait for FH to come home. He is in sales and will know exactly what to tell her about contracts and clients. I am an accountant!!! I don't want him to get involved cause he will be hella pissed!!



If the singer double booked, that should get you out of the contract. Just get another band!



I don't want another band, I booked them in April
MrsK-in-June05 Posted:

Re: I need advice..please


Posted by Dooodles

Emily,
While I am glad to hear Mr. Sales took care of everything and am happy for you,
Are you okay after putting your car under a truck?!?!?!?



The lights work again! It involved a hammer and a boot!

UPDATE: They are going to give us the Saturday for the Sunday price for all of our troubles.
marc_rai Posted:

Re: I need advice..please


Posted by MrsK-in-June05


Posted by Dooodles

Emily,
While I am glad to hear Mr. Sales took care of everything and am happy for you,
Are you okay after putting your car under a truck?!?!?!?



The lights work again! It involved a hammer and a boot!

UPDATE: They are going to give us the Saturday for the Sunday price for all of our troubles.




Yeah. That worked out even better for you.

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.