Post New Topic

Looks like I may not be going on my HM...

Original post by SPITSBRIDE

thanks to Wilma!!! FH just called the 800 # for our resort in Mexico and they do not have electricity and are closed due to damage


We are trying to make arrangements to go somewhere else.
brooklynbridezilla Posted:

Re: Looks like I may not be going on my HM...

oh noooo!!!!! there are a lot of other beautiful places for an HM, though. keep us updated!
susieandsteven111905 Posted:

Re: Looks like I may not be going on my HM...

Oh no!!! Where suppose to be going to Secrets for 5 nights and El Dorado for 5 nights December 11th for our HM. Did the say when the resort will be up and running again??? I guess Ill have to contact my TA and see whats going on....

SPITSBRIDE Posted:

Re: Looks like I may not be going on my HM...


Posted by susieandsteven111905

Oh no!!! Where suppose to be going to Secrets for 5 nights and El Dorado for 5 nights December 11th for our HM. Did the say when the resort will be up and running again??? I guess Ill have to contact my TA and see whats going on....




No, they didn't say anything yet in regards to reopening so were just waiting.
SPITSBRIDE Posted:

Re: Looks like I may not be going on my HM...

Worst case we may go to Cabo...we'll see.

betty2005 Posted:

Re: Looks like I may not be going on my HM...

We may be in the same situation. I am trying to get in touch with teh resort and travel agent. Not a happy camper. Need new destinations and I hope that it won't cost too much to change the reservations.

JPC1125 Posted:

Re: Looks like I may not be going on my HM...


Posted by SPITSBRIDE

Looks like we may end up in Aruba which I am happy about because I hear wonderful things about Aruba.

Can anyone recommend some nice resorts in Aruba?

TIA




if you do decide, we could meet up one night and hang out or go to dinner!!!!!

I hope everything works out for you- Aruba is great because it is untouched by any storms!

Let me know what you guys decide
ShortBride Posted:

Re: Looks like I may not be going on my HM...

We are in a similar situation, although we are not going until 12/10 it doesn't look good for the resorts in cancun to be ready by then... good luck! I'm sure whereevery you choose will be beautiful and fun
Mrs. dleeny Posted:

Re: Looks like I may not be going on my HM...

I just saw on CNN that some areas in Playa De Carmen were completely flattened
Jbriggs Posted:

Re: Looks like I may not be going on my HM...

What 800# is there to call?

SPITSBRIDE Posted:

Re: Looks like I may not be going on my HM...


Posted by JPC1125


Posted by SPITSBRIDE

Looks like we may end up in Aruba which I am happy about because I hear wonderful things about Aruba.

Can anyone recommend some nice resorts in Aruba?

TIA




if you do decide, we could meet up one night and hang out or go to dinner!!!!!

I hope everything works out for you- Aruba is great because it is untouched by any storms!

Let me know what you guys decide




Oh wow, your getting married the day before me...cool! Yea, if we decide on Aruba I will definitely let you know
SPITSBRIDE Posted:

Re: Looks like I may not be going on my HM...


Posted by Jbriggs

What 800# is there to call?




It was an 800 # for our resort.
babybug631 Posted:

Re: Looks like I may not be going on my HM...

I am so sorry. Are you getting refunded? I hope everything works out.

SPITSBRIDE Posted:

Re: Looks like I may not be going on my HM...

Were only loosing $300 as oppose to $6k that we shelled out for it so were not loosing a lot but it still s-cks we may not be able to go there, we were so psyched!

Hopefully this will all work out for the best and we can get to go afterall.
cjik Posted:

Re: Looks like I may not be going on my HM...

I'm so sorry. We had to change our honeymoon for the same reason, only the hurricane was Emily. The resort charged us no fees since they were asking travellers to leave. American charge us $150 or $200 (can't remember which) penalities for not flying there, eventhough they had cancelled our flight! It made no sense to me. This is the second less than helpful experience I have had with American, so I am not impressed.

We wound up going to Quebec City instead, which was lovely and romantic. Aruba may be a good bet if you want the Caribbean--they usually don't get hit by these storms.

Good luck!
MrsNYPDsGirl Posted:

Re: Looks like I may not be going on my HM...


Posted by SPITSBRIDE

Were only loosing $300 as oppose to $6k that we shelled out for it so were not loosing a lot but it still s-cks we may not be able to go there, we were so psyched!

Hopefully this will all work out for the best and we can get to go afterall.



I am supposed to be going to Playa Del Carmen for my honeymoon also!!! I just called to check out my hotel and they said they are 'assessing the damage' and to call back on November 2nd to see if I will be able to travel there...

Please keep us updated on what you find out regarding the condition of Playa del Carmen!!! Thanks & Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.