MAJOR VENT - NWR -LONG
FH & I signed contracts in July to purchase a 1 bedroom co-op. We rushed to get ALL the paperwork that the management company wanted so that they would have it before the Sept board meeting.
We submitted everything the last week of August. That left three weeks for the managemnt company and the board to review the application and get us to come in for that months board meeting.
We did not meet with the board until the October baord meeting - we got the approval two days later. They told us that the co-op's lawyer would need a minimum of 5 days notice to schedule a closing date.
We got approval for the loan August 8. The mortgage company has had to renew our rate three times already. At this point the bank has told them that if we do not close by Nov 7th we will have to renew our commitment as well. Which will delay it even further.
It is now Nov 3. as of a half hour ago - we still do not have a closing date. The co-op's lawyer is STILL reviewing the paper work and we are probably looking at a closing date sometime during the week of Nov 13...
That is the week BEFORE our wedding.
We will have NO time to get in there and at least clean the place before our wedding. We have guests coming from out of town that weekend - so that is out of the question. We ordered furniture in Sept - telling the furniture companies that we won't have the keys until Oct. Now they are calling telling us and saying that they will have to start charging us for keeping the furniture in storage. To top it off - we can only get furntirue deliveries between the hours of 9:00 - 5:00; Mon - Fri. That means FH or I will have to take a day off from work during the week of the wedding and sit around the entire day and wait for the delivery
We both DO NOT have the extra days so that means one us will take a day without pay...
We had plans to redo the kitchen while the place was still empty...
I just don't know what to do at this point. We are thinking about not going through with it and going to look for a rental this weekend. I'm so stressed out about this all.
Sorry this is so long...I am just beyond stressed out right now. There is no reason why we should be dealing withthis 22 days before our wedding.
We submitted everything the last week of August. That left three weeks for the managemnt company and the board to review the application and get us to come in for that months board meeting.
We did not meet with the board until the October baord meeting - we got the approval two days later. They told us that the co-op's lawyer would need a minimum of 5 days notice to schedule a closing date.
We got approval for the loan August 8. The mortgage company has had to renew our rate three times already. At this point the bank has told them that if we do not close by Nov 7th we will have to renew our commitment as well. Which will delay it even further.
It is now Nov 3. as of a half hour ago - we still do not have a closing date. The co-op's lawyer is STILL reviewing the paper work and we are probably looking at a closing date sometime during the week of Nov 13...
We will have NO time to get in there and at least clean the place before our wedding. We have guests coming from out of town that weekend - so that is out of the question. We ordered furniture in Sept - telling the furniture companies that we won't have the keys until Oct. Now they are calling telling us and saying that they will have to start charging us for keeping the furniture in storage. To top it off - we can only get furntirue deliveries between the hours of 9:00 - 5:00; Mon - Fri. That means FH or I will have to take a day off from work during the week of the wedding and sit around the entire day and wait for the delivery
We had plans to redo the kitchen while the place was still empty...
I just don't know what to do at this point. We are thinking about not going through with it and going to look for a rental this weekend. I'm so stressed out about this all.
Sorry this is so long...I am just beyond stressed out right now. There is no reason why we should be dealing withthis 22 days before our wedding.