So far I have been to two trials. The first trial went well and she will only charge about 1/3 of the price that the second makeup artist will charge. Now, the thing is that I liked the more expensive artist (she matched my foundation better and eyes came out so beautiful) but she books up quick so I have to decide like right now!
Should I save the money and try to get artist #1 to do what artist #2 did or just shell out the dough (for probably the only time that I will get my makeup professionally done) and just go with more expensive artist #2.
I also have to consider that my BMs will being paying more if I go with the more expensive artist.
To throw in the mix that my aunt wants to do my makeup as well... (not professional but free- except for cost of makeup) What to do?
neesiepie
Posted:
Member since
Re: Make-Up Artist Dilemma- a little long
I say do another trial with #1 before making up your mind....
AJsMommy122
Posted:
Member since
Re: Make-Up Artist Dilemma- a little long
to me it sounds like you made up your mind.. you want #2 and like you said its the only time you will do this. How about have your aunt do the bm's makeup for free.. so she gets to feel important and you save your bm's $$ and dont feel guilty about it? ETA - You are already spending alot of $$ .. this is something I wouldnt cheap out on.. esp. b/c you obviously love #2... lol cut back somewhere else
Jordan
Posted:
Member since
Re: Make-Up Artist Dilemma- a little long
Posted by neesiepie
I say do another trial with #1 before making up your mind....
Ditto. And see if your aunt can do a trial for you as well.
Can artist #2 hold your date for a few days - while you do the other trial(s)?
ETS: Oooh, like that idea even better!
Posted by Soon2bMsZ
How about have your aunt do the bm's makeup for free.. so she gets to feel important and you save your bm's $$ and dont feel guilty about it?
Donna
Posted:
Member since
Re: Make-Up Artist Dilemma- a little long
Try #1 again and mention your concerns with the foundation, etc. then decide.
Just remember that you usually get what you pay for, and it may not be worth it this time to save some bucks and not look your best
AJsMommy122
Posted:
Member since
Re: Make-Up Artist Dilemma- a little long
So what r u gunna do ???
TogetherForever
Posted:
Member since
Re: Make-Up Artist Dilemma- a little long
save the money and book #2!! It's one day...this day will never come again!
nsgraham
Posted:
Member since
Re: Make-Up Artist Dilemma- a little long
I might do them both - #2 for you, #1 for Bms. I know someone who's doing that. Or your aunt for BMs and #2 for you. I would also try another trial with #1, expressing your concerns and showing her how your eyes came out in the second trial.
gtbride04
Posted:
Member since
Re: Make-Up Artist Dilemma- a little long
Thanks for the advice all!! I still haven't decided, I may go with #2 and either let my aunt or artist #1 do the BMs- but I would feel a bad having two artists there, maybe I should just let the aunt do the BMs then,
... I like the suggestion of scheduling another trial with #1 and voice my concerns but time (and the money) is of the essence!
I have to think about it some more...
sorry so long to reply, I can only login on my breaks!
steph4777
Posted:
Member since
Re: Make-Up Artist Dilemma- a little long
Be honest with #1 tell her that you went on another trial and liked the way they matched your foundation and the eye makeup. Before you decide you wanted to know if she can do the same.