Here is my dilemma...I know it might sound stupid but, I had a trial with a vendor here for makeup and it was a little too much but i liked her technique and that is why I booked with her, i did not leave a deposit as of yet, just told her I wanted her to do it.
Now that i am looking at my trial pics, I have waaaaay too much makeup on and its really not me and what I want. Should I do another trial with her and tell her to do it more natural, or should I do more make up trials with other vendors? But then how would I tell the 1st makeup artist I dont need her anymore? I dont know why but this is stressing me out to the verge of tears and I am at work still thinking about it. What would you do?
HarrymetSally
Posted:
Member since
Re: Makeup Stress
I would do a trial with another artists so you can compare. I also wouldn't feel guilty at all if you do decided to not go with the first artist. You have to do what is best for you and unfortunately not worry about her feelings (plus she is a business woman so she shouldn't really care).
wo0shply
Posted:
Member since
Re: Makeup Stress
do you have pictures of your trial?
If you want to use your girl, i would ask to do another trial and go lighter on the makeup. Then go outside and take a picture. then do an indoor picture with flash. that way you can get a sense of how the makeup will come out in pictures. Dont take up close face shots take a portrait shot of yourself and then make the decision. If you need less makeup tell your makeup artist right then and there so you dont have to keep doing trials with her.
halfbaked
Posted:
Member since
Re: Makeup Stress
I'd do another trial with that vendor. Make sure you speak up at your trials though. Ask to sit in front of a mirror and if you feel she's getting heavy handed stop her and tell her and point out specific things!
Otherwise, don't feel badly about cancelling with the first MUA, especially if you didn't leave a deposit.
Juliebean
Posted:
Member since
Re: Makeup Stress
I would do another trial...
rendel
Posted:
Member since
Re: Makeup Stress
I would ask the original one to do it again but to your liking, tell her it was too much. If she wants your business then she should do it again and maybe at no cost. Then you can make your decision from there.
rengor
Posted:
Member since
Re: Makeup Stress
I would do another trial with that vendor ... make sure to tell her exactly what you didn't like from the first trial with her and what you want. She should be able to do exactly what you want. If she can't, then I would look at other vendors.