Post New Topic

More house drama...CO holding us up...

jessnjoey Posted:

More house drama...CO holding us up...

I can't catch a break.
basically the CO they had for the garage conversion expired and they have to reapply.

It may atke up to four more weeks!!!AGHHHHH!!!!

anyone have this happen?
swags1016 Posted:

Re: More house drama...CO holding us up...

OMG-- Jess I am so sorry! That crap is such a downer. Something similar happened to Karissa, you might want to FM her.

jessnjoey Posted:

Re: More house drama...CO holding us up...

thanks Jamie!!!
I haven't seen her on the boards lately..sure she's busy with the house.

FM'd her though.

yeah so basically I know that we won't close before school starts.

What happens if they can't close before that date in the contract? (ours says on or about August 15th so they have until Sept 15th)

Deep sigh...trying to remember that it's all worth it and gonna to work out...
swags1016 Posted:

Re: More house drama...CO holding us up...

I am so sorry. I am sure it will work out!! I remember Karissa had to extend her rate and the home owners paid to do that!

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you that it works out quickly!!

CathyB Posted:

Re: More house drama...CO holding us up...

We had this on our house. We said we'd take care of it after closing, and signed something at the closing that said we took full responsiblity and would have it cleared up within some timeframe. Our lawyer told us as long as it's done before we sell we're fine. The day after we closed we got in touch with an expeditor who is walking us through the process. The expeditor cost us a couple of hundred.

Valentinegirl Posted:

Re: More house drama...CO holding us up...

Hey sweetie. I just got your FM. I have been so busy. This same thing did happen to us. It delayed our closing 3 weeks. I was so upset when this happened. Our rate we locked in had expired and I almost had to move in w/ my MIL. I'm so sorry this is happening but I hear it common w/ house closings. I would push for your lawyer to get the C/O's as quickly as possible. Good Luck!
Karissa

Niecey Posted:

Re: More house drama...CO holding us up...

My house didn't have a CO for the converted garage and it didn't hold up closing. we got lucky but I know the owners were anxious to close so they really pushed it along. I actually went from signed contract to close in less than 5 weeks. It depends on the town and the owners push of the town.

jessnjoey Posted:

Re: More house drama...CO holding us up...

Thanks guys...

Karissa..I live with my MIL now!!!! So I feel your pain!!!! LOL
Waiting to hear from my attorney they were contacting the seller's attorney..
I'll keep you posted...
janwinterbridejoy Posted:

Re: More house drama...CO holding us up...

ill keep my fingers crossed hopefully you will close soon

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.