Post New Topic

Mortgage contract expiring soon and I don't have the commitment yet!... I need help!

Danielle Posted:

Mortgage contract expiring soon and I don't have the commitment yet!... I need help!

My contract expires Oct 15. I am freaking out because the Real Estate agent keeps calling and telling me that the owner can take all of my downpayment (10%!!) and run if I don't close by Oct 15. That 10% is most of my life savings... I just barely scraped it together for the coop.

My bank is all ready to go, they are just waiting for Radian and SONYMA's approval...

Is there any way that I can contact SONYMA to see how far along they are? My mortgage lending consultant assures me that they will only take a week each, so that's two weeks from now, but I still have to go before the board, and who knows how long that will take.

The realtor (seller's realtor) told me that they have three backup buyers interested in the house, so now I'm really freaking out.

I can't lose my life savings, I'll really just die...

Is there anything I can do, or am I at their mercy?

TIA
DjPiLL Posted:

Re: Mortgage contract expiring soon and I don't have the commitment yet!... I need help!

Sounds like a scare tactic to me. Dont even bother talking to them anymore. Tell them to deal with your attorney.

oneday Posted:

Re: Mortgage contract expiring soon and I don't have the commitment yet!... I need help!

I'm going to say I don't believe they can take the money if it is not due to you just deciding you changed your mind. They could probabl;y sell to someone else, but I think they'd have to give you your money back. But, the thing that I would worry about is if your mortgage commitment runs out, you would probably have to pay a higher rate. We had a problem and just had to keep calling our bank and insisting they get it done in time (the committment and rate lock were to expire the day we closed.) So, I would continue to pester your bank and see if they can get some number for you to call. My husband actually did find a number for Radion though when he called, they said they couldn't tell us anything and our broker had to call them (and we could never get in touch with our broker.) Anyway, I hope that it works out for you.

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.